• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

speed

NitH

Smash Cadet
my game is at its peak...put i need to work on speed. ive been watching a lot of vids. of Wife and other players. i noticed that they move really fast and it looks like they slam the stick back and forth. to run in place. but i her her jump( the noise she makes) and they can change directions really fast. can some one tell me how its done and what its called that would be great.

thx a lot

and also ...n e one going to Egl in Chi. ill be there

thx agian

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
but i her her jump( the noise she makes) and they can change directions really fast.
That sounds like a discription of WaveDashing to me.

There's many topics about wavedashing, so I won't bother to explain the finer details of it, but the basics are as follows:

1. Press Jump
2. Before you leave the ground, Airdodge diagonaly down

This will make your character slide a short distance (very short, with Peach).
It also makes the tell-tale sound of the character's jump, as well as a small puff of white smoke.

Wavedashing has been covered before in more detail than I could. Should be easy to seach for now that you know what it's called.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Running back and forth...? Sounds like dashdancing to me. And by the jump sound, do you mean the second jump's floaty-ish sound? Because that would be double jump canceling (DJC), where your second jump allows you to change directions in the air on short notice and then canceling it with an aerial.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Running back and forth...? Sounds like dashdancing to me. And by the jump sound, do you mean the second jump's floaty-ish sound? Because that would be double jump canceling (DJC), where your second jump allows you to change directions in the air on short notice and then canceling it with an aerial.
This is the one. Not wavedashing. It won't hurt to learn wavedashing though.

NitH

Smash Cadet
wave dashing is what it was, I figured it out and and im geting really good with it all tho insta float gets in the way when u do it. wave dashing is all most not worth it with peach n e way thx for the help guys ^_^

Top Bottom