• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Space Animal Trouble

Linguini

Smash Master
Alright, so lately space anny's have been giving me alot of trouble, especially fox.
Id really appreciate if a fellow ganon player with experience in this match-up could give me some strategies and/or ideas to overcome this tough matchup.
_Thanks_

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
cuddle up in teh fetus position and try not remember teh super ownage they just inflicted hah idk I have teh same problem I usually just try to predict where they'll be and stomp on em but still if u miss ur punished for it

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
Try to tech chase, make every hit count, space yourself with jabs and backwards fairs and ftilts, down-b when u think they'll least expect it, and try not to get grabbed/shined.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
I find Falco a hard matchup too, but Fox is certainly winnable.

Fox, in general, is much less annoying Falco thanks to stunless lasers; he's still has all the top tier cheapness you'd expect though, so best be ready. Make sure you're l-canceling every aerial, and following up every l-cancel with jab. Spacing is also key: projectiles aside, you outrange fox, so take advantage of it. You can try speeding up your game with wave-landing and the like too, but I wouldn't implement it for its own sake - practice with it first.

Now we get beyond the basics. Ganon isn't a terribly combo-capable character, and most of the set combos I know of all happen in the very low %s. If the fox is less than competent at DI, you can try d-throw -> D-air at 0%. If they fall for that, you might as well follow up with another d-air or two. Very DI-able, and if they don't fall for it the first time don't keep attempting it (although you'd be surprised how many people will let you get away with this). F-b can be used instead of grabs at low percent, but a missed one is begging to be u-smashed. Having said that, Ganon still has his grabs (these are important as usual) followed by aerials at mid percents. D-smash is also a good combo tool and the spacies. Oh, and unless you intend to try d-throw d-air/d-smash, u-throw is usually better at low damage.

Edge-guarding Fox is easy. U-air those trying to sweetspot, f-air those that don't. Want to be tricky and you can do some ledge-hopped u-airs. Hardest part is spacing well so you hit with the foot/fist so you don't trade hits and miss an edge-guard opprotunity if he can still make it back.

For stages: You could go the usual BF/YS, but I'm beginning to like DL64. Fox has to work a bit harder getting those vertical KOs, but with good edgeguarding, you don't have to worry too much about Fox making it into the high percents. If you have decent DI and even average spacing you should only be dieing here due to u-throw u-air, and a shine-spike edge-guard.

Wish I could help you with dittos. I personally don't like ganon dittos either.

Linguini

Smash Master
Alright so im having some trouble with ganon dittoes lately but I suck at them.
What tactics or playing style should I use in this matchup?

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
actually, i prefer fighting falcos than foxes. Falco, it's easy to gimp their recoveries by a down angled ftilt on their sweetspotted side b's. Ledge tech against falco's dair/fsmash, etc when recovering, and di the best you can out of their combos.

And against foxes... i tend to have more success doing less laggy moves, such as ftilts, jabs, etc.

Top Bottom