• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sootopolis City

Darkurai

Smash Master
Based on the city from the third-generation pokemon games.

It takes place on a platform floating just above the water. The weather is chaotic, with it storming.
This is the music.
In the background, Kyogre and Groudon have an epic battle. The chaotic weather caused by them will affect the battle. Every now and then, Kyogre or Groudon's attack will miss and hit the stage. This will severely affect the fight.
Every now and then, Rayquaza will come to try to stop the fighting. His presence will calm the weather, but (unlike in the games) not the beasts.
Groudon and Kyogre will attack Rayquaza, who will be driven away.

What do you guys think?

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I like this idea, and would really like to see this. But, with Groudon coming out of a Pokeball, wii probably won't see anything like this. :(

But... What would the weather do to the battle?

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Darkurai

Smash Master
I like this idea, and would really like to see this. But, with Groudon coming out of a Pokeball, wii probably won't see anything like this. :(

But... What would the weather do to the battle?

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
Lightning could strike the fighters.
And I forgot about Groudon's pokeball status. D:

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Lightning could strike the fighters.
And I forgot about Groudon's pokeball status. D:
Same here, this was getting to be a really good idea too.

The music is epic, especially the pounding drums. It would really suit the atmosphere of the stage whilst Groudon and Kyorge are battling it out in the violent Storm. How about both Pokemons attacks can effect players? Say if Kyorge misses Groudon with Hydro pump, it can hit part of the stage?

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Yeah, like Groudon would use Solarbeam or Kyogre would use Hydro Pump and the beam might hit the stage.

Or, Groudon or Kyogre would roar. Depending on which one roared, the weather would change. If it's Sunny, the brawlers can't stay in one place for too long because they'd get burnt. For Rain... the brawlers might slip? In Sun, fire attacks have more knockback and damage, and it's the opposite in rain.

Or, Groudon uses Eruption or Kyogre uses Water Spout and big, feiry chunks of rock or big water droplets would fall to the stage.

And, my favorite, Kyogre would use Surf, or Groudon would use Earthquake which would create a huge tidal wave like Surf, and if a brawler isn't under a platform, they'd get drenched in water. :)

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

IllidR

Smash Champion
Yeah, like Groudon would use Solarbeam or Kyogre would use Hydro Pump and the beam might hit the stage.

Or, Groudon or Kyogre would roar. Depending on which one roared, the weather would change. If it's Sunny, the brawlers can't stay in one place for too long because they'd get burnt. For Rain... the brawlers might slip? In Sun, fire attacks have more knockback and damage, and it's the opposite in rain.

Or, Groudon uses Eruption or Kyogre uses Water Spout and big, feiry chunks of rock or big water droplets would fall to the stage.

And, my favorite, Kyogre would use Surf, or Groudon would use Earthquake which would create a huge tidal wave like Surf, and if a brawler isn't under a platform, they'd get drenched in water.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
Ooh, that sounds like it could be A LOT of fun, though i have a feeling they're both going to be Pokeballs so it might not work. :ohwell:

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
This is similar to my S.S. Anne idea. I doubt they'll have a stage with Groudon and Kyogre fighting in the background, since Groudon is already a Pokeball.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
yes and so I agree as well. Sootopolis city would be a really cool stage in all but I just think there are better stages to be played. The whole idea that would make this stage any good is the idea of Groudon and Kyogre which Groudon is already being used. Maybe you can take a shift though like instead the characters riding on Rayquaza himself through the heavens and he flies all over Hoenn.

Then other flying pokes can come too and you can ride them. Or maybe replace the already used legendaries with new ones. like a battle on a region with Palkia and Dialga in the background.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Palkia and Dialga aren't enemies though. Groudon and Kyogre hate eachother and are constantly at war with one another.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Palkia and Dialga aren't enemies though. Groudon and Kyogre hate eachother and are constantly at war with one another.
Indeed.
Dialga and Palkia are at peace because they, together, maintain the universe.

Kyogre and Groudon, however, have conflicting goals. Groudon wishes to dry up the water, and Kyogre wishes to swallow up the land.
The anime says that Kyogre is evil and Groudon is good, but that's a load of ****. Kyogre and Groudon are at war and don't care about others. Rayquaza has the power to nullify their control over weather, which is the only thing that can stop their fighting.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Needless to say I'm not speaking of Palkia and Dialga specifically but rather legendaries in general. If you can put in two conflicting legendaries and bam you got a promiseable stage

And Dialga and Palkia are guardians together, the pokedex never said they preferably liked each. What is that new poke movie, Those two fight against each other in that as much as I know. Poke games are differnt than the anime but definitly has been influenced by it.

Top Bottom