• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some new IC vids

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Your opponent clearly had no idea how to play any of those three characters.

It's hard to give good advice without knowing how hard you were really trying. I'm just going to say this:

1) Less solo squalls, they will get you killed against good players.
2) Get more out of your grabs. Start with the D-air chainthrow; make sure to smash out of every throw.
3) Too much standing still. At least take a step forward when he's just out of range instead of blindly D-smashing.

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
Your opponent clearly had no idea how to play any of those three characters.

It's hard to give good advice without knowing how hard you were really trying. I'm just going to say this:

1) Less solo squalls; they will get you killed against good players
2) Get more out of your grabs. Start with the D-air chainthrow
3) Learn to button mash the F-B recovery
I am in a lack of decent people in my area that are willing to play :/

I do button mash the F-B recov, but i can only hit it about 10-11 times a second. I hear Pro players do that like 14 times a second? O_o

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I am in a lack of decent people in my area that are willing to play :/

I do button mash the F-B recov, but i can only hit it about 10-11 times a second. I hear Pro players do that like 14 times a second? O_o
I only say that because there was at least once where you just didn't get high enough to grab the ledge. I changed my 3rd item to something more important.

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
I posted some other matches from a few days ago. How i hate the match up against Marths.

ZachSoup

BRoomer
BRoomer
Disregarding the many general technical things you need to work on, such as moving quicker, and attacking smarter (which will come with time and experience), the best thing you should probably concentrate on right now would be to make every grab count. It’s too bad about your situation with the lack of decent players in your area, but luckily your grab combos aren’t reliant on your opponent’s talent so much as it is on yours. Too many times I saw you get easy grabs and throw them away, and if you had been playing anybody that was decent and taking you seriously, you would have lost most the matches I saw since your kills seemed to stem from your opponents poor decisions rather then your grab consistency. Work on making every grab count. If you are playing a character you can chain grab to death, than try to make every grab a stock. If you can only chain grab them to a point, than do the chain grab to its fullest and rack up damage. If you want to practice the infinite, then by all means go for it every time till you get comfortable doing it on command. There are a ton of options you can do to the whole smash roster, even to the really floaty characters. Start on that first, and also try to work on your spacing instead of blindly rushing attacks (I have the same problem, just keep working on it).

PB&J

Smash Hero
words from the great zachsoup..whats good..come to ga and play with me

darkest-practice with rp and u will get better in no time

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
Taunt more. Ice climbers have a huge advantage against every character in taunting becuase of the ability to desync nana and taunt twice, making very long and extremley l337. Oh, and technical skill, but thats not really important

Top Bottom