• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U So yeah. I am impressed by Smash Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Sick of the garbage being spewed about this game by this community. Time to smash-up some positivity.

Did you see there are custom moves and other move variations for the characters? How great is that? Offering new ways to enjoy the game for years to come. I personally can't wait to see them all.

amiibo looks freaken sweet. I play with a rather large group of people locally and there are a few that are really good, but don't challenge me on a consistent basis. With amiibo, I will be able to create my own sparring partner giving me a reason to finally play single player. Level 50? Learns my tactics? C'mon. That is awesome. It's like the Matrix meets Smash Bros. Que the Keanu Reeves: "Woah." right here.

Oh and the cast is looking to be rich and deep. Reggie already confirmed earlier today that there are a lot of unannounced characters to be revealed. The four biggest gaming icons of all time? In one game? In a BRAWLER?! Yeah. Sign me up. Sure beats having 25 characters in a game like that version back in 2002...

Pretty sure this is gonna be the best Smash yet.

-Whiplash-

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silva-Silva
3DS FC
4527-7465-9250
As I said before, not liking this game because it isn't melee 2.0 is a sin, but being Ok with it being brawl 2.0 is a good thing?

Melee 2.0 would be almost as bad as a brawl 2.0, You are just as much "living in the past" by accepting a brawl 2.0 and not wanting something new and different physics-wise.

Last edited:

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
As I said before, not liking this game because it isn't melee 2.0 is a sin, but being Ok with it being brawl 2.0 is a good thing?

Melee 2.0 would be almost as bad as a brawl 2.0, You are "living in the past" by accepting a brawl 2.0 and not wanting something new and different physics-wise.
Physics are for physicists. Which I doubt you are. Good.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
It's not meant or wanted to be Brawl 2.0 either. The people who appreciate this game the most appreciate it because it's a balance between the two, a blend of the best.

Fuqua

Smash Apprentice
Its good that you are excited for the game, don't let anyone take that away from you. This is still a site that holds a lot of competitive smash gamers and they really don't care that much about the things you mentioned, they care about gameplay. Its their right to be disappointed and its also their right to share it on this site which is still mainly targeted at competitive smash fans. Im sure if you visit the IGN forums or something you are going to find likeminded people but on this site your gonna get this competitive talk and if you don't like that making a thread regarding this "issue" really doesn't do anything at all.

777Laser

Smash Apprentice
From the comments made by players who attempted the best buy build, it is its own game, straying from its predecessors in many ways. Speculation from watching videos neglect the more subtle additions. I am appreciating the comments which give detail about the games' development in their opinion. The write ups are more than assumptions, but are used to better the game now.

zwalk2

Smash Rookie
As a casual player, I'm absolutely fine with how the game is now, in fact, I'm happy with it, but if Nintendo takes the competitive scene folk's suggestions, and improves the physics and makes it similar to Melee, I'll be fine with that, too.
People are going to complain about the game no matter what, so you just have to be happy that you like it, and ignore those who are unhappy. They'll either come around and play the game anyway (Or make another Project M type thing) or they'll find a new game to play. Their opinion is completely entitled.

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
The point of this thread is to promote positive things. Yes. Something this community is unable to do. Clearly shown here. Which makes sense. Insecurity usually forces those to lash out and nit pick and moan and complain and be resistant to change while they search for there place in this world. Which is why the internet is full of hate and loathing. Don't be mad at the new Smash because you can't get a girlfriend because you are awkward and lack real life social skills. It's okay. Sit back. Kick back. And enjoy this awesome new game. Bask in its glory and you shall be free from your hate.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Calling out Melee and PM players for "living in the past" isn't going to bring up anything positive...

Eat_Cow

Smash Rookie
The point of this thread is to promote positive things. Yes. Something this community is unable to do. Clearly shown here. Which makes sense. Insecurity usually forces those to lash out and nit pick and moan and complain and be resistant to change while they search for there place in this world. Which is why the internet is full of hate and loathing. Don't be mad at the new Smash because you can't get a girlfriend because you are awkward and lack real life social skills. It's okay. Sit back. Kick back. And enjoy this awesome new game. Bask in its glory and you shall be free from your hate.
I'm not mad at the new Smash because I'm "awkward and lack real life social skills", nor am I mad at the new Smash because I "can't get a girlfriend". -_- Which are two bold assumptions to make, by the way, pal. I'm mad at the new Smash because some of us DO care about the actual GAMEPLAY, rather than just the roster or content. Why do you think Melee ran such a long course? Vocal minority carrying it or not, it thrived FAR more than Brawl ever did. We aren't talking about sales here, by the way, only the longevity of the game's life. Melee far surpassed what Brawl ever will.

I'm a "casual" and I even care about the gameplay. I hate slow, defensive-based gameplay, and I HATE floaty physics. Can't stand it. Smash 4 is turning out to be defensive and floaty. I don't care about playing as my favorite Nintendo characters if I can't play as them enjoyably. Sorry.

Senario

Smash Ace
Sick of the garbage being spewed about this game by this community. Time to smash-up some positivity.

Did you see there are custom moves and other move variations for the characters? How great is that? Offering new ways to enjoy the game for years to come. I personally can't wait to see them all.

amiibo looks freaken sweet. I play with a rather large group of people locally and there are a few that are really good, but don't challenge me on a consistent basis. With amiibo, I will be able to create my own sparring partner giving me a reason to finally play single player. Level 50? Learns my tactics? C'mon. That is awesome. It's like the Matrix meets Smash Bros. Que the Keanu Reeves: "Woah." right here.

Oh and the cast is looking to be rich and deep. Reggie already confirmed earlier today that there are a lot of unannounced characters to be revealed. The four biggest gaming icons of all time? In one game? In a BRAWLER?! Yeah. Sign me up. Sure beats having 25 characters in a game like that version back in 2002...

Starts off saying he wants to stir up positivity. Names the thread with an ad homenim attack against melee players and project M. Time to ignore you because honestly, we just want to be included in the game. Good day.

nessokman

Smash Lord

Nice thread. Any source for reggie saying there are a lot more?

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I am glad you made this topic. It makes me in a better mood. I totally agree with you. I am so excited for the amiibo figures. It's like Pokemon with figures. It's so cool that you can train them to fight.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Let's tone it down, shall we? No need to insult each other over a few differences in opinions. Keep things civil and this thread will stay open and warnings won't be issued.

Edit: Changed the title. The "living in the past" portion is inflammatory and unnecessary.

Last edited:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I am a Melee/PM player (and very often live in the past) and I am impressed by Smash U. You yourself need to tone down your passive-agressive trolling and subtle elitist attitude by acting like you are above the people who play a game that you don't like.

Edit so people know what I'm talking about: The original thread title said something about "Melee/PM players stuck living in the past" not liking the game. I'm not reposting this to bring up new **** but just for context as to why the first several posts in this thread are all negative towards the OP, since the title got edited.

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
It's not Brawl 2.0. Play it, it feels nothing like Brawl. This game definitely felt like its own beast.

That is why I'm impressed. I'm so hyped for this because this isn't just another smash game, it's a NEW smash game.

Last edited:

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
I think the negativity is the best thing that can happen right now. Criticism can change the course of this game, even if the chances are small. I think the most toxic thing right now in this community is people trying to silence people who might have suggestions that can improve the game.

Anyway,
The game looks gorgeous, and the animations are beautiful and really adds character to each member of the roster. I love the new splat screen KO's, even though it happens way more often now, and can be more of a distraction.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
the whole "brawl 2.0" thing is so laughable. People who are using that: you're completely judging this game based on a bunch of demos here. Just... think about that for a sec.

"brawl 2.0" is such a conclusion to jump to concerning a game in development. Hold off on that, buddies.

And, well, my two cents just from watching the footage.. we already knew it was going to be in-between games here. And I think that holds up. Looks like a SCRUMPTIOUS MIX IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I am unhappy for those that are unhappy and am upset it's a game that's competitively flawed and not well suited for tournament players.

But that doesn't affect my opinion on the game since I play casually.

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
It's not Brawl 2.0. Play it, it feels nothing like Brawl. This game definitely felt like its own beast.

That is why I'm impressed. I'm so hyped for this because this isn't just another smash game, it's a NEW smash game.
EXACTLY how I felt while playing it. It's a whole new feel.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Haven't played it yet, but god, Megaman, Smash Run, Rosalina, Little Mac, more music, more stages, a potential new Adventure Mode, the awesome Fiend's Cauldron system from KI: Uprising, Amiibo, Pac-Man, Palutena, possible Ridley and K.Rool, beautiful graphics, hilarious animations, no random tripping, cool shiny new items, epic Assist Trophies! I'm so HYPED for this game!

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I'm loving everything I'm seeing so far. I think people need to stop getting on with this Melee 2.0 and Brawl 2.0 shenanigans though. It is a new game. It is still in production. It is going to be neither Melee or Brawl it will be a new Smash Bros. It will play and feel as different from Smash 64 did from Melee and Melee did from Brawl. People need to stop pining over it being a duplicate of one or the other. It is a brand new Smash Bros. Wait till it comes out try it and then form an opinion. Don't just immediately hate. Sakurai is not making Melee 2.0 or Brawl 2.0 he's making a new smash bros. People need to stop expecting this game to be one or the other and enjoy it for what it is.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Cool, dude.

Also have fun with this thread, till Scoliosis closes it
Wow, you're good :troll:

Really though, even making this thread out to be a positivity thread doesn't change the fact that flamebait will be/has been laid everywhere. This isn't a good idea, and I would advise against making threads like this in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom