• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So... Which do you prefer? Sing, or Rollout?

Which do you prefer? Sing, or Rollout?

• Sing

• Rollout

• They suck. You suck. Play a different character!

Results are only viewable after voting.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Hey guys! More fun questions for everyone! I'll try not to do tons of these because I don't want to drain up the whole Jigglypuff boards, but I'll like to try them at least once a week.

Pound (side B) and Rest (down B) are considered pretty good options for Jigglypuff at certain times, but there's two other special attacks that the some consider "worthless."

Rollout (neutral B) and Sing (up B)!

Sing with it's incredible lag and weak and janky hitbox is very punishable, while Rollout is considered a move that never really hits, and can fly off the stage to death! Not a good move on Lylat!! You can fly off right when you use it, even if you don't think you will! The question is which do you prefer?

Casually or competitively. Doesn't matter! Sing can cause a punish that's unavoidable, and be used for reads... Kinda? Also ledge cancels, and mindgames with those cancels if you're good. Rollout can be used for recovery, a punish, and possible sheild break, and can also be ledge canceled similar to sing, along with its recovery.

I'm personally thinking rollout will be the popular pick, but can sing sympathizers change it around?

The choice is yours!! I can't make you say why you voted what you voted, but it would be interesting!

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
Although Sing can make for a nifty taunt, I personally prefer Rollout.
It pressures shields, can set up frame traps(rarely), KILL, and is very fast if fully charged. It's still pretty terrible though.

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
Sing is better imo~

In all honesty, each Peachy got a better form of Sing in the version of Sleepy Toad (B2), which acts like a counter that puts opponents to sleep. On the other hand, Puffy got a short-ranged, risky sleep-inducer that doesn't even have a constant hitbox throughout the move's duration!

However, it's a really nice punish and leads nicely to Smashes or Rest, so I'll rank it above the usability of Rollout~

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
I like them both equally, and they both have their place if used right.

Now, if the question was which one do I find more uses for? Rollout, definitely.

OmegaStriker

Smash Cadet
I'm going with Rollout. Between the two moves, it's the lesser of two evils. Sing and all of its custom variations are saddening. :(

BuTR

Smash Rookie
I don't use either too often, but when I do I much prefer rollout. Though sing is satisfying to land, rollout imo is just a lot more so. It just feels like it shouldn't work but when it does it's oh so sweet lol.

OmegaStriker

Smash Cadet
Honestly though, the question feels like it's asking "Would you like your arm or leg cut off?"

And then Jigglypuff responds, "Joke's on you. I don't have limbs!"

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
It's funny to see people slide through you as you sing them, but rollout just looks so funny when you don't hold it....gotta love it x3

Top Bottom