• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

so peach chaingrabbing...

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
is it possible? or is it a marth thing that they can jump out of at any %

i invited a lot of people to a tournament around me and all of them play peach hahaha

im pretty consistent with my chaingrabs...should i use the reverse instead?

any information would be really helpful(WOBBLES lolz)

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
You can try the tap-reset chain throw. I don't remember if it was proven escapable or not. Basically, you d-throw and jab them with Nana right as Popo releases them, stopping all upward movement and giving you enough frames to regrab. After a certain percentage (depends on how heavy the other character is) the jab will hit them too far and they can jump out.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
peach can escape the jab cg at any % through some hard DI and/or smash DI. but as long as it's more difficult to escape than the dair cg, it's fine with me.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Short hopped reverse d-air could be pretty effective. Personally, I'd just go for a combo that guarantees you 40-50 percent... grab smash aerial kind of thing. This is also because if the Peach escapes, she can move to the situations she's strongest in, but if you hit her well above you, she'll be more vulnerable. I'm pretty sure the only effective chaingrab is the ledge chaingrab, and that can easily be extended from 0-death.

Actually, I recently figured out a way to make the ledge-chaingrab more effective. It lasts longer and is kind of easier to do, IMO. Instead of doing a dash grab, right after Nana catches them, walk forward so you're inside of the opponent's character. You only need to inch forward a tiny bit, so you can get more reps in before pushing them off the stage. If you mix tilts or blizzards in with the chaingrab, you can easily extend it to a death combo, even from 0 percent.

Also, the ledge-chaingrab is infinite on Bowser since you don't have to move to regrab him. At least, I've done it to around 300 percent on a non-DI'ing opponent, but I don't think it'll make a difference. I find it funny that the IC's have more than one grab infinite.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
sorry - just for clarity - the ledge chaingrab is .. a chaingrab that involves throwing them off the ledge into another grab ?
You d-throw with Popo, grab with Nana (before they bounce up), Nana will f-throw because she is near the edge, move forward a little and regrab with Popo. The amount you have to move forward depend on the size of the victim. Throw in jabs or blizzards with Nana to rack up extra damage and decrease the chance of messing up before you can kill them.

Isn't this somewhere in the sticky?

Top Bottom