• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake matchup discussion

benaji261!

Smash Ace
When I started playing good snakes it was such a terrible MU for me... but they're easier to do than MKs now... still troublesome. <_<

CRUSH_

Smash Cadet
Please don't bite my head off if I say something stupid. i read the whole thread before i posted, honest =)

I like SV better than FD because its color makes snake's projectiles easier to see. Plus there's a decent chance that moving platform will be away from the stage the same time Snake is so he's gonna have a much harder time recovering if you're on that platform reaching that far.

Remember where the grenade is when snake's holding it. A well spaced Fair can hit his head/shoulders without setting off the grenade. Same with a low-angled Ftilt to hit his feet.

He can do his nade counters all he wants but before long he'll find himself within your range with his back to the edge with nowhere to go but THROUGH you. He needs to get his space back and all he can do is dash attack or mortar slide to the other side of the level. you can grab/jab him out of both I think.

That nade counter thing usually involves a roll and we're Ike so if we read 1 roll he's Fsmashed especially if he's rolling toward the middle of the stage.

We can QD straight through the grenades and it won't detonate 'em.

Mixing up jab combos works well. jab->jab->boostgrab->pummel->Bthrow->buffered dash attack or jab->Utilt or if he makes the mistake of shielding two jabs in a row you can boostgrab him again

I know a good snake recovers high but it's not much of a problem. he's gonna try and drop a C4 where he intends to land and detonate it just before you juggle him. You'll hear the clicky sound when he drops it and the 'NOW!' thing right before it blows up so you can shield it easily.

With some timing you can also grab him by the fist when he's jabbing (like people always do to US)

you can use jabs or pummels or our weak-*** throws to keep him near a dropped grenade or mine so he gets hit by it.

Don't be surprised if you dair spike him out of the cypher and he stays alive, just be ready to grab-release him on the edge or spike him again.

If I'm around 60+ percent and I get knocked straight up (by any character) I know they're gonna try to land an Uair so I just Dair as soon as I can. snake's got a good Uair and not really anything else reliable to do from that position except his upsmash but that's too slow you'll see it coming.

If you've got the higher port number you can grab him next to a bomb and when it goes off it'll hurt him and not you.

Just to screw with him while i'm approaching i like catch/pick up one of the nades with no intention of using it in any way because I know he's gonna strip it. So he makes me drop the nade behind me and while he's pulling out the second I grab him and Bthrow him into the nade he stripped off me. Probably wouldn't work against the same player more than once but I imagine if i was a snake main nothing would frustrate me more than getting blown up by my own $hit.

Top Bottom