• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYN: Episode 166 - Seeing a New Future

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
"Show Me Your News!" is Smashboards' original Super Smash Bros. Brawl podcast from 2007, which continues to cover the latest video game news today!

IN THIS EPISODE:
Shulk and Leaked Videos in the Smash Bros. Update, the New 3DS, and Amazon’s purchase of Twitch are discussed. Also, Pokkén Tournament is announced, the “dying” of the term “gamer” in the industry, and much more! Our guest is Darkurai – editor of Moon Prism Power Hour and DJ on RTM Radio. Youko, Solharath, Eevee, and Darkurai break down the latest news from the gaming world!

Check out the overview and choose between the video or audio form on the Show Me Your News website.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Poor Falcon, gutted in his...stomach, apparently.

Freud was Right.

PsychoWing X9

Smash Rookie
Haven't listened to the episode yet, but it's great to see the show return to Smashboards.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
It kind of looks like Captain Falco is about to break out in a I'm So Fresh You Can Suck My Nuts, SWAG meme dance.

I don't want him to show me his moves if that's the case.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
This reminds me of podcasts on starmen.net... gosh, I wish I could remember their name.

imabeast78

Smash Apprentice
Show Me Your News on Smashboards just like the good ole' days. I agree with Shulk, I'm really feeling it!

Zoa

Smash Ace
The real question that should be asked is if the Monado can stop Falcon's balls. He's been showing his moves since Smash 64, and yet nothing has stopped him from doing it to this day. Nipple spike anyone? :troll:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Rachel being ignorant about swimsuit "armor". K I'm done with the video.
Yeah I was done even before that when she said she didn't like Shulk's voice. *sigh* I swear, she has the WORST opinions on the podcast, some of them just stupid, other's nonsensical, but mostly just ignorant.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Yeah I was done even before that when she said she didn't like Shulk's voice. *sigh* I swear, she has the WORST opinions on the podcast, some of them just stupid, other's nonsensical, but mostly just ignorant.
I first watched episode 165 because it was posted in the news just like this one, and that one was fairly boring imo.

Decided to try this one too and honestly there was hardly a difference, too hard for me to keep interest when ignorant comments like that get thrown just at a possible attempt to be funny. Not only that but Youko gives off a pretentious vibe that just puts me off tremendously (I don't even know if it's intentional or if he's aware of it) and for being the lead of the podcast (I think so anyway), the lead, of all things, having pretty much no personality or entertaining traits just kills the entire thing for me.

I know it's not supposed to be a comedy show or anything of the sort but either way, these sorts of things flourish when content is being exposed in a way that viewers/listeners feel at home because of an entertaining or relatable host, and judging from the two videos I watched I'm just not really feeling any of this with this show or the people behind it.

Last edited:

SMYN_Eevee

Smash Rookie
I first watched episode 165 because it was posted in the news just like this one, and that one was fairly boring imo.

Decided to try this one too and honestly there was hardly a difference, too hard for me to keep interest when ignorant comments like that get thrown just at a possible attempt to be funny. Not only that but Youko gives off a pretentious vibe that just puts me off tremendously (I don't even know if it's intentional or if he's aware of it) and for being the lead of the podcast (I think so anyway), the lead, of all things, having pretty much no personality or entertaining traits just kills the entire thing for me.

I know it's not supposed to be a comedy show or anything of the sort but either way, these sorts of things flourish when content is being exposed in a way that viewers/listeners feel at home because of an entertaining or relatable host, and judging from the two videos I watched I'm just not really feeling any of this with this show or the people behind it.
Hi guys!

I know it's not positive stuff to read, but I'm thankful for feedback like this. You guys are right, I'm a little ignorant since I haven't played the games Shulk is from, so my opinion on him was really just a first one. I'm not too fond of his accent but apparently that's not how he sounded originally? I'm still being schooled on that one.

No negative feelings towards you guys, definitely a push in the right direction for me to improve on researching the topics so thanks!

Top Bottom