• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards's Most Wanted Newcomer DLC Day 2: Hades vs. Captain Toad

Who do you WANT more?

• Hades (Kid Icarus)

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Captain Toad (Mario)

Votes: 24 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
As much as I love Hades (second-favourite Ninty villain, yo~), I think Captain Toad would be a better character for Smash. He has so much potential for a diverse and exciting moveset, and goodness knows he's one of Ninty's upcoming superstars.

Both are fine choices, but if I have to choose, I'm gonna choose the Captain who makes treasure-tracking and amiibo-hunting happen. :3

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I take it these are all going to be obvious choices vs "why are they even here" choices.

I thought Hades would have been neat if his character had been done well. Plus Viridi > any other KI character.

"Captain" just Toad with a backpack who should have been in way before Rosalina or Jr. for sure.

I feel like the backpack is a poor excuse to justify his inclusion, Toad is Toad. He's the fourth staple Mario protagonist.

Who wouldn't want Hades, personally love him as a character, his personality is the reason I would probably want him over Toad.
The humongous amount of people who have played mario and never played uprising

Let's be honest, hades winning would be an upset. Toad is still a huge all star. captain or not.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Who wouldn't want Hades, personally love him as a character, his personality is the reason I would probably want him over Toad.
Well, you don't play as a personality for one.

I'm poking fun, no worries.

Hades has a lot of potential to be something great, but I feel like he fell flat. And I loved most of the cast of Uprising, Pit was great, Palutena was awesome, Viridi was amazing, even Pittoo was a better generic evil version of the protagonist than most are.

Plus Medusa would just fill his role better anyway.

Well, you don't play as a personality for one.

I'm poking fun, no worries.

Hades has a lot of potential to be something great, but I feel like he fell flat. And I loved most of the cast of Uprising, Pit was great, Palutena was awesome, Viridi was amazing, even Pittoo was a better generic evil version of the protagonist than most are.

Plus Medusa would just fill his role better anyway.
Medusa isn't nearly as sarcastic enough to be playable over Hades

V I R I D I B O I S though

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I chose Hades, mainly because his personality is one of the best I've seen so far.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Captain Toad because he had the best Mario spinoff in years (Plus his outfit makes him look flashier than the "real Toad' despite both characters being completely different). Who wouldn't want to throw radishes at people or pick their skulls with a pickaxe?

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I take it these are all going to be obvious choices vs "why are they even here" choices.

I thought Hades would have been neat if his character had been done well. Plus Viridi > any other KI character.

"Captain" just Toad with a backpack who should have been in way before Rosalina or Jr. for sure.

I feel like the backpack is a poor excuse to justify his inclusion, Toad is Toad. He's the fourth staple Mario protagonist.
Just wait until we get further into the bracket. People are going to be so divided when they vote on characters like Isaac and K. Rool.

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
I loved Hades personality in Kid Icarus: Uprising but I'm going to pick Captain Toad for this one.

He has a lot of potential for a interesting moveset (weight mechanic) and he's one of the last true remaining all stars left (well maybe not Captain Toad specifically but the Toad species in general).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Captain Toad, as I still think Toad would've made a better Mario newcomer than :4bowserjr: and :4drmario:.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yet no one is particularly mad. :p Mario is really close 'complete' representation, save for Toad. After him, there will literally be no one left to add.

:231:

Last edited:
Dr. Mario's more a returning veteran than a newcomer, though. :rosalina:,:4larry:,:4roy:,:4wendy:,:4iggy:,:4morton:,:4lemmy: and :4ludwig:are the other Mario newcomers in the 3DS/WiiU Smash games.

...yeah, Mario has way too much representation in Smash now. :p
Alts still dont count
Mario is also nintendo's flagship game. Of course it has the most representation. It only makes sense
even if toad was added it pribably still wouldnt be "too much"

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yet no one is particularly mad. :p Mario is really close 'complete' representation, save for Toad. After him, there will literally be no one left to add.

:231:
There's Paper Mario, but that ship might've sailed after Sticker Star.

D

Deleted member

Dang... this is difficult!

I ultimately chose Captain Toad. Although a playable Hades would be freaking awesome, I see more value in adding Captain Toad as he could be more unique. That and we've seen what Captain Toad can do; Hades's moveset potential is pretty limited if we base him off his fights in Uprising.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I voted for Captain Toad - along with Ridley and Dixie Kong, Toad (in any form) is one of the few "all star" characters that (for whatever reason) haven't been added to the roster yet.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i voted for hades because captian toad isnt the real toad that every mother and father knows its just the random person that appeared in mario galaxy he did get his only 1 own game and he was only playable in 2 games but the normal toad got 3 games of his own and he appeared more than 50 time as playable in mario games, the normal toad is way important than captian toad

Top Bottom