• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Creation Contest: Round 17: Swampasaur vs. Guybrush20X6

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What is this?

The Roster Creation Contest is a contest for 32 people. They will create a prediction roster for Smash Bros U/3DS and submit it to one of the game hosts, Swampasaur or ThatWasPeachy. Once submitted, your roster cannot be edited barring character confirmation/deconfirmation by the Smash Dojo.

The rosters will then be entered into a tournament bracket, and every two days, two rosters will face off against each other. Popular vote through you, the Smash Speculation community, will determine which roster moves onto the next round. You may use any reasoning of your choice to decide which you prefer, from characters to layout. There will be a losers bracket as well, so don't fret if your roster is eliminated early.

Once the main competition is over, there will be themed contests as well (like creating a Super Bash Sisters roster, creating a 30 person roster, the funniest roster and others), so this will be a longlived game. There may be prizes.

How do I enter?
Simply create a roster (using any format, though the roster maker is preferred) and PM it to one of the game hosts. You can vote in the matches without entering, but it's more fun to enter.

Music
What's a fun game without music? A bad one.

Intro: Super Smash Bros. - Bonus Stage
A New Match: Super Smash Bros. Melee - Challenger Approaching
Voting: Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Final Destination
Day Over: Super Smash Bros. - Unlock Music

Tournament Bracket
http://challonge.com/c0wwnmii

Entrants
1 .Swampasaur
2. ThatWasPeachy
3. thisismatt
4. JediSuperSonic
5. SuperBrawler
6. Opossum
7. legendofrob1
8. youngsora1
9. Hippopotasauce
10. ACP99
11.Glaciacott
12.moneyfrenzy
13.jaytalks
14.OcarinaOfDoom
15.Xigger
16.HeroG
17. KeyBladeGuy
18. Venus of the Desert Bloom
19. Ariand/AEM
20. Protom
21. Wariofan1
22.chaosSmash1
23.Groose
24. ToothiestAura
25.Guybrush20X6
26.AngelgloryGl\
27. Xenigma
28.Zhadgon
29. God Robert's Cousin
30. KingofPhantoms47
31.chandy
32.PixelPasta

Next round. It's SuperBrawler vs. Protom.

SuperBrawler

NOTE: The rightmost column is a list of potential replacements: Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario for Toad, Tingle for Toon Zelda/Tetra, Roy for Chrom. However for this contest, please do NOT take the potential replacements into consideration when deciding your vote.

Protom

Vote here: http://www.yourfreepoll.com/foqvguoosp.html

GO!

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Sooner than later.

Ideally, I'd like to start next week.

or I can be ninja'd cool.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Does it need to be a prediction or just your roster?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So we just post our roster here? Sure, I'll join.

This roster has a total to 50 characters. The transformations are included at the bottom.

And my roster looks like a chalice. Cannot unsee...

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I would rather do a want roster. Are you going to have a tournament for that? Or at least one that takes want into account?

Also, it's "queue."

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'll just post mine here then

blue is starter vetrans, red is unlockable, green is new, and yellow is new and unlockable.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Let's try to keep potential replacements out of this okay people?

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Assist Trophies Brawl Roster.png

I will edit this for descriptions soon
Explanations:
15 newcomers
1 returning
Bowser jr: was added instead of toad because he is a fighter rather than a villager.
King K roo:l was added because he would be mroe unique than dixie kong and donkey kong needs another rep
Tetra: was added as opposed to other zelda characters because she represents a game with a remake along with being more recurring than almost all zelda villians

Ridley: do to insane fan demand
chrom: to represent the latest and best selling fire emblem game
Palutena: because kid icarus is a sakurai franchise as of lately and she is a female fighter
Shulk: because of how popular xeno games are lately and they have an upcoming game
Isaac: to represent new series
Takamaru: for retro and he already has a new design which saves time trying to find one that works
Mewtwo returns for obvious reasons
Little mac: for popularity and that boxing ring stage
Rayman: because Ubisoft remains one of the wii u's biggest supporters (rayman and globox even have mario and lugi costumes in legends)
Pac-man: Namco and pacman has been in 2 mario kart games

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
As always

- K. Rool > Dixie because K. Rool just brings more to the table and while Dixie might be important, she's never really shown herself apart from Diddy beyond a few numbers and statistics.
- Isaac because enough people love him and it'll probably bring my score up. I'd replace him with Wolf if there wasn't such a popularity.
- No Wolf because while Falco might be more similar, he is far more popular and has a veteran status.
- No Lucario because I can't see any one series stretching the 4 rep limit.
- Little Mac because goddamn Little Mac.
- Tingle because the only other Zelda choices are a Link clone or Tingle and Tingle is just more interesting.
- Shulk because of the Project Rainfall shiboobop.
- Chibi-Robo because the series has four games now and the game could use another robot.
- Karate Joe because I can dream.
- Three FE characters because the size and popularity of the series demands it.
- Takamaru because Nintendo keeps showing their love for him for some reason.
- Snake's around because the series creator requested him in, and Sonic's back because they wouldn't remove him after putting effort into adding him in last minute in the last game.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Enter me. I'll use my logical powers to whip up the most logical roster in the world.

... for Brawl 2.0. I'll definitely miss the mark like everyone else.

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
realishRoster.png

Here's my try at a roster hope you like it.
Edit: Transformations:

Shiek/Zelda
Masked Link-Deku/Zora/Goron-Fierce Deity as Final Smash
Samus/Zero Suit
New Trainer- New Pokemon (if I have to be specific it would be Mudkip/Grovyle/Blaziken with 3 seperate Final Smashes MegaBlaziken is one of them)
Pseduo Transformations:
Mewtwo-Final Smash is MegaMewtwo
Lucario- Transforms after he gets to a High Percentage to MegaLucario (around 125% you have to taunt to transform) (mostly cosmetic Power Increases like brawl maybe a slight weight gain)
Little Mac-FS GigaMac

My reasons and such

New Comers:
Bowser Jr.- I feel he would be the most interesting Mario Newcomer (or atleast tied with Paper Mario) I feel Sakurai would be more likely to add Bowser Jr. than Paper Mario because we already have the flat character with Mr. Game & Watch.
King K. Rool- Pretty Obvious would make a great Addition.
Isaac- Could be Mathew I don't care witch one. Represents New Franchise had a new game on the Ds since Brawl
Ridley- Obvios-Best New Metroid Character... If Decomfirmed I will replace him with... Idk Mii or Saki or Dillon?
Palutena-Most Recurring and deserving Kid Icarus Character. Good Potential Moveset. Kid Icarus may get a new rep considering Pit's prominence in the Advertising. Will most likely apear in the next sequel in 25 years
Shulk- New IP of Nintendo, likely inclusion in upcoming game X
Villager-Duh
Ray- I know he is kinda unlikely, But he is from an under rated series with 5 games. He has More Games then the Sin and Punishment games or Dillon's Rolling Western and I would like to see more robots. This could help reboot his series.
Wii Fit Trainer- Duh
Chrom- The success of Fire Emblem Awakening is to Huge to Ignore.
Takumaru- Obvious Retro Choice. HE IS A SAMURAI. This could help reboot his series.
Little Mac- I feel he is the most Likely Newcomer
Pac-Man- Namco Rep Ledgendary Video Game Icon. Unfortunately more Iconic and Likely than Llyod
Megaman-duh
Melee Returnees:
Mewtwo- Would make smash and pokemon fans happy. The Ultimate Pokemon. Iconic.
Young/Masked Link- Completely Different Movesert then Previous Young Link with the masks
Brawl Veterans that need explanations:
Wolf/Falco- Have about = importance to Star Fox and hard to eliminate 1 adding Krystal instead of Falco would be too many Kanines and replacing wolf would be too many good guys. Krystal could be DLC
Lucas- Mother Fans would be upset if they lost a character. Mother is gaining more popularity, but doesn't deserve a new character.
Ike- Popular Fire Emblem Lord appeared in FE Awakening. I would prefer Lyn, but Ike seems more relevant and popular.
Lucario- Extremely Popular Pokemon. Just as relevant as Mewtwo with the Mega's. Good Rival for Mewtwo.
Snake and Sonic: Started the 3rd Party Inclusion but Sonic's inclusion is more important and likely.
Rob: Could be cut, because I can't think of a reason to keep besides Nintendo's history and he was in Brawl :/
Cuts:
Toon Link: replace with a new YLink but appears in a stage
Jigglypuff: I feel less people would be disappointed with Puffs removal then Lucario, Mewtwo or Pokemon Trainer (PS did you even notice she was gone until you read up to here) DLC canidate

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So far. Everyone is in.

Let's get more people guys! Tell your friends!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We need MOAR!!! MOAR!!!

Gonna edit my sig. Gimme a sec....

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I'm on mobile right now, but when I get back on me laptop I'll post my roster. save me a spot!
EDIT: Here it is. I borrowed icons from people all over Le internet.
SSB4 Roster.png

(may i edit it if i find better icons if needed? I wont be replacing, just finding better looking pics)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'll be making a roster once I get home from school, this should be plenty of fun.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Here we go, my entry.

EDIT: Just a little info about the roster. There are 43 characters + Mii and there has been 3 cuts: Toon Link, Wolf and Snake. Going for a more realistic approach rather than what I want.

Groose

Smash Champion
Can I please reserve a spot? My roster will be posted within the hour, but I hope I don't get ninja'd and just miss out on a spot in the tournament.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Are we allowed to put notes on our rosters? Like the amount of characters present? who's cut (if any)? Would certainly help so you don't have to sit down and analyze every roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom