• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards leakers who ended up being legit (Just NyaseNya?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0Y

Smash Master
NyaseNya

Taken from Extrain on GameFAQs, all credits to them:

NyaseNya:
Brawl will be delayed in the UShttp://smashboards.com/threads/brawl-will-be-delayed-in-the-us-again.129404/
G&W and Ness return. Wind Waker Link is a newcomer (Toon Link). Roster consist of 35 characters (Mod harshly edited the original post)http://smashboards.com/threads/brawl-playtest-massive-spoilers.126260/#post-3295048

Sonic Will be revealed on Wednesday, has actual contacts in Nintendo http://smashboards.com/threads/offi...r-xsys-xiis-wrath.72265/page-202#post-3006711

Captain Olimar will be a playable character http://smashboards.com/threads/offi...r-xsys-xiis-wrath.72265/page-203#post-3006855

Peach may have been a little more "explicit" http://smashboards.com/threads/peach-changes-throughout-the-development-of-brawl.119856/
Olimar was an easy guess and the leaker is our only evidence ever of Peach's changes, but the rest of these are impossible for him to have known otherwise.

His problem was nobody beleived him, even after he proved himself right about the 2nd delay. Unfortunately the G&W and Ness return post was later edited by a mod to say "this post was completely fake YYYAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!"

Any other legit leakers ever confirmed to have used Smashboards?

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Idk but I'm pretty sure mods don't allow leak threads, like AT ALL lmfao so bring it to the Social Thread thingy and we can talk from there c:

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Idk but I'm pretty sure mods don't allow leak threads so bring it to the Social a Thread thingy
These aren't modern leaks anymore though, they're 6 1/2+ year-old posts that can only be otherwise explained through clairvoyance.

Smashboards is a huge website and I wanted to see if there were any other leaks that were later confirmed true (not lucky guesswork) that originated from here, as well as give that poster their 15 minutes of fame.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
OK, just a heads up I guess but idk I didn't start posting a lot on Smash Boards until about a few days ago

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Interesting..............This guy doesn't know anything about this game though, does he?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Sal Romano is a legit leaker that uses Smashboards. He comes every once in a while.

inb4 Gematsu is dead

Last edited:

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Sal Romano is a legit leaker that uses Smashboards. He comes every once in a while.

inb4 Gematsu is dead
I still believe gematsu, and none of the characters listed were "shoe ins" we just made our selves believe they were. It seems his info was just flawed somewhere along the lines

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
I still believe gematsu, and none of the characters listed were "shoe ins" we just made our selves believe they were. It seems his info was just flawed somewhere along the lines

I mean Chrom was the only thing he got wrong, and he's still in the game as a final smash.
That is the only one he has gotten wrong so far.
Some say not getting Rosalina & Luma, Lucina and Robin should prove it's flawed, but they never outright said they weren't. They didn't mention all of the newcomers.

The leak has been successful up until this point, there are two characters left on that list.
Shulk being highly requested and a good possibility, Marshal/Chorus Men being a wtf addition.
Following this leak all the way and then cashing out when 2 characters remain is stupid.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yeah, we killed leak/rumour threads because of their circular conversation nature (nothing new to discuss, the same few leaks were done to death for a year), the looming release date (less room for speculation, less 'rumours' and more 'facts') and because of this they always devolved into wish list threads.

In terms of a thread discussing the past, it's kinda a hindsight thing that needn't be here specifically. It's probably the perfect thing to be discussed in the leak/rumor social group. The response to it all was pretty normal, seeing he was just 1 of many 100s of people to do something similar, I can't see this thread hence being anything but talking about individual users, which is one of those against the rules things.

Unless I'm wrong too, we still have a Gematsu thread (unless in the wake of Lucina/Robin it got trashed so hard it had to get closed; doesn't mean we should just open up another thread for it...).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom