• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Character Ballot Winner

Who will win?

• Total voters

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
I dont know if there is a topic like this already, but couldnt find any, and asked earlier and people said it might exist but they couldnt find the topic themselves either. I made this because I`m curious to who is winning the vote for the smash 4 new character ballot. Obviously the results here by no means represent which character actually does get added to smash 4, but i think a simple poll will give us a pretty good idea of where each character stands, at least from our community. This isnt counting the votes of the tons of casual players voting and international players voting, but still gives a decent idea.

This was about as many characters i could think of, im not sure if im able to edit this poll but if not ill keep a tally of other voted characters if requested. For example if someone comments to vote for Dr.Robotnik ill just write on this first post Dr.Robotnik(1)

Last edited:

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Sadly there are plenty of polls around the web on who they think will make it in smash.

Those are theory-based popularity contests.

If you searched with the word ballot more, then you may be surprised to find more.

Why does my beloved Viridi keep winding up on these things? is she popular in other places I dont know about or is is just because she was on front page?

Ridley
Agnes Oblige
. . .assuming this thread is legal even though the smash democracy thread exists

Last edited:

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
I actually like the direction this poll is going in, since it almost shows who voted for who. Not enough votes to be certain, but it's kinda cool how we can see Bandana Dee taking the lead.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
What? No Midna?....

Anyways in my opinion the current frontrunners are King K Rool, Wolf and Isaac! Wolf would probably be number 1 if people didn't assume he's going to be in already....

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
What? No Midna?....

Anyways in my opinion the current frontrunners are King K Rool, Wolf and Isaac! Wolf would probably be number 1 if people didn't assume he's going to be in already....
Well, Midna's pre-determined, so I guess that cuts her chances low. I'm rooting for Isaac, presonally, so I like to see he's one of the forerunners.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well, Midna's pre-determined, so I guess that cuts her chances low. I'm rooting for Isaac, presonally, so I like to see he's one of the forerunners.
Then why is Shadow on the list? *it was a joke anyways*

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
i don't think Ryu and Roy should be on this list given that their most likely pre-planned DLC.

As for me, my vote goes to Isaac.

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
i don't think Ryu and Roy should be on this list given that their most likely pre-planned DLC.

As for me, my vote goes to Isaac.
Everyone assumes that, but we don't see Lucas in that fancy code stuff, and he's already confirmed. I honestly think they were scrapped, not pre-planned.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Everyone assumes that, but we don't see Lucas in that fancy code stuff, and he's already confirmed. I honestly think they were scrapped, not pre-planned.
He was. I'm not sure if you didn't see it but there were 4 files in the game. 1 was the victory theme for Lucas, 1 was the victory theme for Roy, 1 was the victory theme for Ryu, and the other was a Street Fighter theme song (or placeholder song) for a potential Street Fighter stage.

The files couldn't be scrapped. It wasn't there when the game came out and was only included in version 1.0.6. They wouldn't add something they scrapped in a future update.

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
He was. I'm not sure if you didn't see it but there were 4 files in the game. 1 was the victory theme for Lucas, 1 was the victory theme for Roy, 1 was the victory theme for Ryu, and the other was a Street Fighter theme song (or placeholder song) for a potential Street Fighter stage.

The files couldn't be scrapped. It wasn't there when the game came out and was only included in version 1.0.6. They wouldn't add something they scrapped in a future update.
I guess taht's a bit mor ereasonable, then. Still, it's weird how so many people just want old veterans to come back. Everyone wanted Mewtwo even though he was usually considered the worst characetr is Melee, but as soon as he was gone, everyone wished him back. I'm not dissapointed, I just wish people would go for some new guys that nobody's seen before instead of trying to get all the veterans back.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I guess taht's a bit mor ereasonable, then. Still, it's weird how so many people just want old veterans to come back. Everyone wanted Mewtwo even though he was usually considered the worst characetr is Melee, but as soon as he was gone, everyone wished him back. I'm not dissapointed, I just wish people would go for some new guys that nobody's seen before instead of trying to get all the veterans back.
Pre-planned DLC should have an emphasis on veterans though. It's only fair seeing as both the initial roster and the Smash Ballot focuses primarily on newcomers so cut vets should be given an opportunity to return before the ballot happens. The only vets that I do see coming back are Mewtwo, Lucas, Wolf, Roy, and maybe either the IC's or Snake.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
King K. Rool or Isaac, unless if a few special things happen ;). Muahahaha.
And for veterans, I can definitely see why people'd want them back, I'd want Jigglypuff back if she was ever cut, my friend would want Ike back if he was ever cut and so on (thankfully neither of those are likely at all). It makes sense that people'd want characters back that they like right?

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox

I asked this in another forum, but no one responded, so I'll ask you.

Did any other hackers/coders/whateverthey'recalleds find the same sound files that the original guy found, or are we still just going off of one person's word?

My hopes are very high, because my best friend LOVES Roy and I think it would be cool to see a fighter from a more traditional fighting game (Ryu) translated into a Smash fighter.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

Did any other hackers/coders/whateverthey'recalleds find the same sound files that the original guy found, or are we still just going off of one person's word?

My hopes are very high, because my best friend LOVES Roy and I think it would be cool to see a fighter from a more traditional fighting game (Ryu) translated into a Smash fighter.
Yep, the Cutting Room Floor found the same files, and they are a very reputable source.

Burruni

Smash Hero

TCRF, that-one-person-with-a-:195:-for-a-profile-image, and a couple others all found the same data.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Yep, the Cutting Room Floor found the same files, and they are a very reputable source.
TCRF, that-one-person-with-a-:195:-for-a-profile-image, and a couple others all found the same data.
I find this VERY encouraging. Thanks guys!
(Although I've never trusted Quasire... I thought he was weak to Electric, boy was I ever a fool.)

So what do you think? Will Roy be exactly as he was in Melee, or do you foresee some changes to make him even more unique from Marth & Lucina?

Burruni

Smash Hero
(Although I've never trusted Quasire... I thought he was weak to Electric, boy was I ever a fool.)

So what do you think? Will Roy be exactly as he was in Melee, or do you foresee some changes to make him even more unique from Marth & Lucina?
:4drmario: had a new final Smash and that's it.
:4mewtwo:came with no new moves, only a rebalancing of his old ones... namely due to tail properties and his F-Throw's poor reliability.
:4lucas:seems largely unchanged.
:roypm: will likely be very close to :roymelee: his melee self. At BEST is :ganondorf::falco::toonlink: differentiation.

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744

I really hope Roy gets his own cool moveset, because we really don't need another Marth clone, and Roy deserves better either way.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
:roypm: will likely be very close to :roymelee: his melee self. At BEST is :ganondorf::falco::toonlink: differentiation.
Yeah, that's what I think as well. If Sakurai puts him back in, the reasoning is most likely because he wants to appease the fans who've missed Roy since Melee.
I really hope Roy gets his own cool moveset, because we really don't need another Marth clone, and Roy deserves better either way.
Sakurai is in a tough spot because no matter what he does, half of the Smashers in the world will be angry.
If he changes him, Melee Roy lovers will throw a fit, but if he keeps him the same, clone haters will complain that Marth has 2 clones.
If he is the same as Melee Roy, at least his B-attack will be unique.

Personally, I don't care. I just like the character and would like to see him in Smash again. When Melee came out, I had NO idea who Marth or Roy were, and they were a pair... it was never just Roy or just Marth... it was Marth & Roy!

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yeah, that's what I think as well. If Sakurai puts him back in, the reasoning is most likely because he wants to appease the fans who've missed Roy since Melee.

Sakurai is in a tough spot because no matter what he does, half of the Smashers in the world will be angry.
If he changes him, Melee Roy lovers will throw a fit, but if he keeps him the same, clone haters will complain that Marth has 2 clones.
If he is the same as Melee Roy, at least his B-attack will be unique.

Personally, I don't care. I just like the character and would like to see him in Smash again. When Melee came out, I had NO idea who Marth or Roy were, and they were a pair... it was never just Roy or just Marth... it was Marth & Roy!
His Neutral B was one of Roy's ONLY unique moves in Melee.
It's more comparable to :4myfriends:'s eruption than :4marth::4lucina: Shield breaker.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Yeah, 4 sources conirmed the existence of the sound files.

As for Roy being decloned, theirs still a good possibility for it happening givien the circumstances of Lucina being in the game. Not saying it will happen for sure but theirs a lot of factors that need to be taken in to consideration when it comes to Roy potentally being decloned. Worst case scenario, Roy is exactly the same way he was in Melee and will still be a semi-clone due to having a different Neutral, Up, and Down B (along with a somewhat different Down Smash).

Personally, I want to see Roy getting the Wolf treatment rather than the Luigi one. He can be to Marth what Wolf is to Fox by getting a new Side B and having the majority of his A attacks changed so that he'll be absolutely nothing like Marth. Also, i'm really REALLY hoping to see Roy with his Awakening attire in the game.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Yeah, 4 sources conirmed the existence of the sound files.

As for Roy being decloned, theirs still a good possibility for it happening givien the circumstances of Lucina being in the game. Not saying it will happen for sure but theirs a lot of factors that need to be taken in to consideration when it comes to Roy potentally being decloned. Worst case scenario, Roy is exactly the same way he was in Melee and will still be a semi-clone due to having a different Neutral, Up, and Down B (along with a somewhat different Down Smash).

Personally, I want to see Roy getting the Wolf treatment rather than the Luigi one. He can be to Marth what Wolf is to Fox by getting a new Side B and having the majority of his A attacks changed so that he'll be absolutely nothing like Marth. Also, i'm really REALLY hoping to see Roy with his Awakening attire in the game.
Thanks for the info, I'm really pleased to hear it.

I agree with you 100%.
I'm hoping for his Awakening garbs as well, but considering how much better :4myfriends: looks in Sm4sh compared to brawl, I'm thinking whatever they do with :roypm:is gonna look great!

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Dat moment when you realize Rayman's name isn't capitalized

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So far, it's a toss up between Wolf and King K. Rool...provided Wolf isn't already being worked on.

Thing is, though, it's not about "winning" the Ballot. With how there's nothing really preventing anyone from stacking the vote other than a request not to, it makes me think this is less of a poll that must be won and more of a nomination process. Once the Ballot closes, they'll look over the characters with higher numbers of nominations (and some of the mid-range ones as well, probably) and narrow it down from there to which they want to implement.

(Also, I have to question the total lack of Pokémon characters among the options. Hardly seems fair.)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I voted for Snake, though I only noticed as I was clicking the Vote button that you could vote for multiple people. (in that case, I would have voted for K. Rool, Wolf, Bayonetta, Wonder Red, and Rayman).

Still, Snake's definitely the character who I want to see added the most out of all of them - his inclusion in Super Smash Bros. Brawl is what got me into Metal Gear in the first place, and that quickly became one of my favourite series for the sheer attention to detail that it has. I know that his Smash Bros. inclusion has also gotten Nintendo fans interested in Metal Gear, as well as getting Metal Gear fans interested in Nintendo franchises that they might not have heard of otherwise, which seems to benefit Nintendo quite a bit (compare that to Sonic or Mega Man, where there's a lot of overlap in terms of those fanbases and Nintendo's to begin with).

Plus, I'm not a huge fan of entire series being removed from a franchise like Super Smash Bros., especially since Snake's inclusion is what caused third party characters like Mega Man or Pac-Man to be seen as possibilities in the first place. The fact that he was really fun to play as, and had a trap-based style of gameplay that no other fighter (even in the current game) had also helps.

There are other characters who I'd like to see, and who I feel would benefit from being included in Smash Bros. (whether it's because they've been absent from their series for a while, or their series is poorly represented in the current roster compared to its overall importance to Nintendo, or their series could use much more attention than it currently has, or they're a unique veteran who was cut), but for all of the reasons above, I'd like to see Snake return to the battlefield most of all.

Last edited:

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
first off, there isnt really anyone who "shouldnt" be on this list, the ballot lets you vote for anyone, if you dont like one of the characters like shadow or something, simply dont vote for them. Also, I just added to the list whoever i could think of, and knew i was probably missing some notable names, im wondering if there is a way for me to edit the poll and add more of the characters you guys mention.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Voted for Four: King K. Rool, Isaac, Wolf and Roy. Two groups voted for different reasons.

King K. Rool and Isaac were voted as my most wanted newcomers. Isaac mainly because he represents a Nintendo series that I adore and would like to rise in popularity. King K. Rool because the guy is long overdue and fits Smash's bill to a T (same goes for Isaac as fitting the bill).

Wolf was voted because he is a veteran that I personally want back.

Roy was voted because he is who I believe will win the poll, since it seems all of Japan want the guy in and Veteran character lovers from around the world.

So my winners are split amongst two characters:

King K. Rool for newcomer and Roy for Veteran.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Roy has more votes than Snake.

This is why I don't like reading these polls.

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
glad this topic is taking off a little! i would be very excited to see king k rool in the game, also made this poll to see how close the competition between other characters were

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
You're missing quite a few characters, though the only other ones I voted for besides Isaac, Bandanna Dee, and Geno are Toad and Rundas.

Top Bottom