• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 16th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. These two are a haunting pair. You can only attack Gastly using items, but the Ghost has a perfect guard and reflects your attacks. When you see a Ghost, make sure you use your grab. If you're playing with Diddy Kong, his Monkey Flip should work, too."

He also included another post regarding the Pic of the Day series itself:

Announcement: Originally, the pic of the day was only supposed to continue for about two months, but I've ended up posting pictures until even today. The 3DS version has already been released in Japan, so I would like to talk about how future posts will be handled.

First, I will not talk about hidden features until the game is released overseas. On the other hand, I definitely will talk about them after the game is released abroad.

In addition, I am planning to continue making posts at least until the Wii U version is released. I haven't decided if I'll go by the Japanese version release or the release of versions abroad, but the point is that I'll continue posting for a little bit longer.

Pic of the day won't focus on introducing new information anymore in the near future, but I hope to entertain you with interesting and funny photos like I originally intended to. Thanks.

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
The boatload of information we got last week from the streams > Pic of the Day

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
Well, I guess no worldwide release for the Wii U version either.

Anyway, I knew Sakurai would continue until the Wii U release.

Ovyngm

Smash Rookie
Well if we're not getting new information for a while we can finally go to sleep at a decent hour again.

LinkedKnight

Smash Rookie
NNID
LinkedKnight
3DS FC
4983-5008-2730
Glad Sakurai continued the potd more than originally planned. Gave me something to look forwards to on some days.

oGr33n

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3050-7615-9118
I'd guess that at least 40% of the guys on miiverse don't follow the leaks, and some very regulated few don't even know the leak exists. The POTDs are for this crowd. I envy them for getting the surprises in store for them.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It's good to see the Ghosts special abilities being displayed, but I would like to see this good old friend on a future funny pic :109: along with other Pokémon

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Did he just say hidden features? Features = modes, characters, etc...

Big Four confirmed for Smash 4 :)??

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
I guess we wont get anything new until the game is released worldwide. That is plenty of time for Sakurai to show every single menu of the 3DS version. :troll:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
So, here's hoping we get some more Wii U PotD's from now on. Since the 3DS version is out, we can discover all the info we need by ourselves or from others across the internets.

Still hoping that these hidden features he's talking about are planned to be revealed after the game is released worldwide. How awesome would it be to get the remaining characters filling up the empty squares on the character roster when the game is worldwide available so that not everything was actually spoiled before everyone could get his/her own copy?

If they're planning to do so, i'm guessing there's a date lock on some characters. This would be a good hype for the Wii U version. They have to make it special somehow, right?

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Looking for spare AU demo code please write on my wall if you have one and i will conact you and we can negotiate this! Offering shiny/leganandary pokemon

Overclocked

Smash Cadet
NNID
superfamicomwars
Guess now it's officially over, huh. Goodbye PotD, you've served us well. I'll miss not getting any new information about the game, but at least it's cool knowing that it's not that much longer until I can play.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
So.....my excitement for POTD's finally died off. Not really a big deal. I'll keep a look-out for reveals n trailers though.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
"Near future"

We can still expect some news, probably about the Wii U version,

inb4 menu monday for the next 6 weeks.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
"Hidden features"???

Where's my personal translator at? This can't be right.

I hope you realize that by hidden features he means the rest of the roster that he has yet to confirm, even though it was spoiled a day before the intended date of release.

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
And cue the "OMG LEL FINALLY NO MENU LOLOL!!1!"

...but yeah. In all seriousness, those of you saying there's no point in these anymore? I'm not sure you've noticed...but not everyone spoiled themselves with the streams/leaks etc...

So uh. Shut up. :3

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I doubt it. He'll probably just cover the things that the international people don't know about if they've tried to stay spoiler-free all this time.

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
I hope you realize that by hidden features he means the rest of the roster that he has yet to confirm, even though it was spoiled a day before the intended date of release.
I really, REALLY think that isn't the case here. By this point throwing in additional characters/character dlc would feel not only lazy but also be disappointing. That would definitely kill the overall feel and tradition of the game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I hope people are reading this line:

Pic of the day won't focus on introducing new information anymore in the near future, but I hope to entertain you with interesting and funny photos like I originally intended to. Thanks.
So they won't be whining when they get a picture of Luigi's nose again or something.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
All the POTD's were great. I'm glad Sakurai started this and made us hyped for the game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why is Gastly bigger than Diddy?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Soooooo, what does this mean for the Wii U version? If he's not planning to release new info in the near future, does that mean the Wii U version won't have anything interesting or does it mean he won't talk about it or does the near future mean he will still talk about it and near future is just a unit of time measurement?

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
If I wear a yellow costume, can I break Ghost's yellow shield?

Wario confirmed OP.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hm.... perhaps Sakurai might let us post pictures on Miiverse someday?

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
I really, REALLY think that isn't the case here. By this point throwing in additional characters/character dlc would feel not only lazy but also be disappointing. That would definitely kill the overall feel and tradition of the game.
Too bad it is though. There's been plenty of people that already showed everything to the game. The only major hidden thing left that hasn't been shown officially from Nintendo's lame streams is the full roster, which has already been shown by many streamers at this point, even a day before the Japanese release date.

There isn't anything else, it's just the characters. Also, who the hell is talking about additional characters or DLC? When I say the rest of the roster, I'm referring to the likes of Duck Hunt, Falco, R.O.B. and the others 5+ characters they haven't revealed yet for whatever reason.

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
Too bad it is though. There's been plenty of people that already showed everything to the game. The only major hidden thing left that hasn't been shown officially from Nintendo's lame streams is the full roster, which has already been shown by many streamers at this point, even a day before the Japanese release date.

There isn't anything else, it's just the characters. Also, who the hell is talking about additional characters or DLC? When I say the rest of the roster, I'm referring to the likes of Duck Hunt, Falco, R.O.B. and the others 5+ characters they haven't revealed yet for whatever reason.
Oh, I'm sorry. I misunderstood you. They should show off the other characters, yes.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
I like the info about Gastly. I especially like the info where he's telling people to quit complaining, but in a nice manner. xD

Top Bottom