• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - April 22nd

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Here's a special stage exclusive to the 3DS version, Balloon Fight!! The stage loops on the left and right sides so you can walk off one side and appear on the other."

Last edited by a moderator:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Gonna be fun to knock people across the screen multiple times with strong horizontal hits at high percents

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
A walk-off stage without walk-offs. That's actually brilliant. xD

Still iffy for competitive play though since it, seems like it anyway, gets rid of the recovery aspect of the game and makes horizontal kills absolutely useless.

Diana's Safe Landing

Smash Apprentice
It will probably be similar to previous mechanics where you can only die off the top if you are in hitstun. But in this case you will only be able to loop around the stage if you are not in hitstun.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I can only imagine Marth or Ness continuously side smashing somebody across the stage. It would be hilarious.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
I wonder if you can confuse CPUs by just going off the screen over and over again.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Just thought of epic projectile mind games that could happen on this stage. I realize Samus missiles and charge shots disappear after a while, but still. Also Imagine the laser game on this map. What if the projectiles go around the corners too?

Osennecho

Smash Ace
I called a stage like this a while back. Pretty sure a lot of people did. This could make for quite dumb custom minigames if you can make stages and give them this option...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Say, where's the flippers on the left and right side?
Did they just disappear?​

Last edited:

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I can see 3 problems with this stage: favors characters with vertical killing, requires some sort of aerial mobility to make it across the gorge, and campers.
Other than those 3, I hope this stage is decent.

TechMage299

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TechMage299
3DS FC
3497-1921-5527
Should be an interesting casual stage pick for characters that are good at gimping. It looks like that fish is hungry for some Falcos.
I ain't putting this stage on my random stage switch, I'm a Falco player.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
this stage is not gonna be my favourite, but that fish made me laugh...

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Just imagine opponents being launched like rockets left and right, left and right. When the opponent is about to hit the ground, someone can finish them off with an up smash.

The combos are strong with this one.

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
This could easily be the best casual stage ever.

I wonder if the final destination version will loop too 0.0

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
This could easily be the best casual stage ever.

I wonder if the final destination version will loop too 0.0
I was wondering the exact same thing.
Also, wouldn't it be fun if the hitstun on certain moves was so long you could angle them into the pool of water upon going from one side to another?

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Why does the thing in the water look like it has mental disabilities??!!!?!!
It hungers.

1. So, the only way to destroy your opponent/enemy is to either launch them in the air or drop them into the sea. That'll add a different kind of challenge.

2. Why 3DS only? The original Balloon Fight debuted on the Famicom/NES. The only thing Balloon Fight-related on the handhelds were Balloon Kid(in improved sequel) and Tingle's Balloon Fight. if anything, THIS version should be exclusive to the Wii U.

3. Sakurai lied to us! he said the Flipper won't be coming back, but there's two of them in this stage!

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
Woo, it's the level with the derpy unamused face! The clouds are eyes, the upper platforms are eyebrows, and the lower platform is the mouth.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Atleast we have a new Mario Bros. stage. But,what I don't like is that the orange fish from Brawl's Ice Climber stage is in it. (Check the Direct)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It hungers.

1. So, the only way to destroy your opponent/enemy is to either launch them in the air or drop them into the sea. That'll add a different kind of challenge.

2. Why 3DS only? The original Balloon Fight debuted on the Famicom/NES. The only thing Balloon Fight-related on the handhelds were Balloon Kid(in improved sequel) and Tingle's Balloon Fight. if anything, THIS version should be exclusive to the Wii U.

3. Sakurai lied to us! he said the Flipper won't be coming back, but there's two of them in this stage!
Well,why does the Wii U have a Kid Icarus : Uprising,a 3DS game,stage?

D

Deleted member

That explains why Mac's 1HKO is launches opponents upwards.
Btw, Falcon Pucnhing will be a lot of fun in this stage

Top Bottom