• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - February 7th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Housed within the Control Capsule! Protected by Rinkas! Eyeball armed with a Laser Brain Attack!! The massive Assist Trophy Mother Brain joins the collection!!"

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
...you know, I'm surprised it took them so long to get Mother Brain in. Considering how she is the min bloody villain and all.

Nannose

Smash Rookie
Finally there is more than one Metroid character in the game \ :dkmelee:/

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Is this fake? the catual pic of the day is of Rosalina...
Nah, it's real.
Rosalina pic was yesterday.

Mother Brain is the best assist trophy yet, possibly because she is the only one so far that nobody really expected to be an actual fighter and also because she looks, like she'll be pretty useful.

Hopefully this means, that Metroid is gone as AT. I found it rather annoying in Brawl.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Yup that is pretty damn cool, I think this is my most liked assist trophy reveal to date. Was kinda hoping for the T-Rex mother brain as a boss. But it's all good I'm just happy she's in cool looking assist trophy.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Now we just need King Hippo and the Eggplant Wizard, then the Captain N reunion will be a reality.

Lazy M Bones

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2750-2081-2981
Super awesome that they got MB in the game, but I would've like to see her as a boss character. Also having both of her forms from Super Metroid too.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Nah, it's real.

Mother Brain is the best assist trophy yet, possibly because she is the only one so far that nobody really expected to be an actual fighter and also because she looks, like she'll be pretty useful.

Hopefully this means, that Metroid is gone as AT. I found it rather annoying in Brawl.
Now Metroid is playable character, and Ridley returns as boss, that would kill Ridley supporters.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
BEST. ASSIST TROPHY. EVER.

Seriously though, the Metroid in Brawl was cool to see floating around, but I really didn't find it all that helpful. It barely did much at all and was easy to shake off. But this? THIS, is more like it! Interesting how it's based off the Zero Mission design instead of the Super based version of the head that was used in Other M, since in Super, Mother Brain's head was the same with and without the body.

Also, Rinkas: aka FLYING CHEERIOS OF DOOM! lol

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I wonder if the Rinka will make an appearance along with Mother Brain?!
I was extremely pleased when I got up this morning and saw this pic, one of the coolest dailies to date! As my associates said, best assist trophy ever!

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
The Rinkas look weird to me haha, but honestly that's a cool damn assist trophy. Wish it said something more about Ridley's chances, but at least we know he is less likely to be an AT now? X]

Good end of the week though. Took me a while to see Mario in there haha.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Oh my god, i skiped a beat! the Metroid fan inside me feels so happy right now, thank you Sakurai!
Its great that he is puttig some iconic and ignored character at least as Assist Trophies this time.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
It was a sin how Mother Brain was ignored in past Smash games, such an important character it's awesome to have her in, i guess i'll be playing with AT's on this time.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
I like how Mario is just peeking out from behind all like "Haha, where's your babby now, Samus?"

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
This is hilarious!

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Nah, it's real.

Oh, I see. I'm from Australia, and I guess this was from America or something that's a day ahead of us.

Last edited:
Top Bottom