• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - October 27th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. The color variations for Shulk are all based off outfit colors of his travel companions…excluding one of them. Lucina's color variations are also based off the female characters in Fire Emblem Awakening."

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Dunban's colors look the best, in my opinion.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just came here to say "Im really Feeling it!" or any of its variations.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Shulk's model soooooo damn good-looking.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I absolutely LOVE how they based the various costume colours for Shulk and Lucina off of characters from they're respective games. As a HUGE fan of both Fire Emblem: Awakening and Xenoblade Chronicles, it's great to see such fan service for said characters. I guess there's only thing left to say............

I'M REALLY FEELING IT!!!!! :4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk:

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
After that nice Mewtwo reveal, and Doc Mario making his reappearance as a vet, there is only one thing I'm really feeling.

More DLC
:roypm::lucas::wolf::snake::popo:

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
I wonder why he didn't add a second picture for Lucina despite mentioning her

Ragna22

Smash Ace
What fool in Xenoblade ran around in his/her underware? Oh right it was the player, you see guys? Even Shulk represents us.

Last edited:

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I like the costume 3rd from the right; it reminds me of Roxas/Sora's outfits a bit (never played Xenoblade, please understand).
That costume is a reference to Dunban, who used to wield the Monado, and also appears in Shulk's Final Smash.

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
I didn't already know this. That means this PotD was made specifically for me!

That also means that my favorite Lucina outfit that I thought had a cool look to it is now forever associated with my least favorite female from Fire Emblem Awakening. Time to switch colors. Stupid Miriel.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Besides that shenanigan going on in the backity back. .:rolleyes:

The perception of every Monado hilt look deceivingly longer than the Default Shulk palette's hilt.:surprised:

Last edited:

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
I like the costume 3rd from the right; it reminds me of Roxas/Sora's outfits a bit (never played Xenoblade, please understand).
I can't understand,it is an amazing game,yes it's rare,but it has an amazing story,great graphics for the Wii and the music is God tier(see what I did there)

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
If only so much effort was put into giving us actually shiny Pokemon, cartoon colors Bowser, Mr L, and other no brainer color swaps.

I'm surprised we got aomething good like CD-I Link colors for Toon Link. Even though making his hair pink for ALTTP costume was apparently too hard.

Last edited:

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
I play the CRAP out of fire emblem so i wold nknow about the lucina costume easter egg PLAU lucina is one of my most used characters! I use the tiki version of lucina because that dragon though!!!:D

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Man, what a buncha jokers... But at least they've got a good rhythm going. Guess that's the power of the Monado.

All go to plan.:chuckle:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
We already know this Sakurai.

I'm sorry but this pic, I'm not really feelin' it.
Dude, we know pretty much everything about both versions now. There's literally nothing that Sakurai can hide from us. He's just having fun at this point.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Dude, we know pretty much everything about both versions now. There's literally nothing that Sakurai can hide from us. He's just having fun at this point.
How do you know that for sure? We have yet to know all the stages (which would probably be seen through DHD and Jiggly at the official site) and there could be some hidden stuuf in the Wii U version.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
How do you know that for sure? We have yet to know all the stages (which would probably be seen through DHD and Jiggly at the official site) and there could be some hidden stuuf in the Wii U version.
Well, do you expect DHD to be revealed through a pic of the day? Also, yeah I guess stages would be nice, but then what's the point of discovering them on our own? We know the modes, the online features, the exclusive content, etc. If there is is anything left to show that's new, its definitely not going to be a very constant thing, since there is so little to show that's unknown.

Last edited:
Top Bottom