• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash releated, Wii Classic Controllers no longer being manufactured by Nintendo

R0Y

Smash Master
Hopefully both CC and CCP are compatible with Smash though.

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
This worries me. After all, the only method we currently have of using a Gamecube controller with this game is with add-ons that convert Gamecumbe controllers into Classic Controller data. If Classic Controller support is being dropped, it could mean Smash 4 might not have CC as an option for control. Which means we need to invent a Gamecube Pro Controller. (Considering the release of Pikmin 3, I'm sorta surprised this hasn't happened yet.)

MySmashmains6

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssb4sonicrules
Warning Received
Get over yourself. Gamecube controllers aren't everything. Seriously, people need to stop putting it on a pedestal.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I already have my CCP. It's my favorite controller, Wiimote and all.

MySmashmains6

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssb4sonicrules
Right because your post in no way shows that you see yourself as superior then the people who find the GCC controller to be the best.

Who cares about reading comprehension?

:L
Your post has so much hypocrisy, it is not even funny. With out reading comprehension, you're no better than Miiverse.

You know what, can a mod delete this. This post infuriates me. I don't want to start a flame war, and this person can't admit his own faults.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Cool it guys. Let's not get into a controller debate. Just drop it and move on.

Last edited:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
You guys are soooo cool.

Gamecube controller master race, btw.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Get over yourself. Gamecube controllers aren't everything. Seriously, people need to stop putting it on a pedestal.
No one said gamecube controllers are everything, and no, the Gamecube controller and its layout will never stop being the standard for 90%+ of Smashboards.

Also,

I don't want to start a flame war
Get over yourself.
Take your condescending crap to another forum. You joined yesterday and you've already demonstrated Smashboards is not the place for you.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
All I need is dual analog sticks, and I am good to go.
I doubt they'd drop support for CC, correct me if i'm wrong but didn't they stop manufacturing GameCube controllers when brawl was out our something?

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
All I need is dual analog sticks, and I am good to go.
I doubt they'd drop support for CC, correct me if i'm wrong but didn't they stop manufacturing GameCube controllers when brawl was out our something?
My guess is they don't sell in stores though I did buy a refurbished one(I think it qualifies as refurbished) last year.

EDIT: At GameStop.

Last edited:

Eskelsen

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eskelsen
I've been using a GCC for a while now since melee -like most of you- and to be honest I don't mind switching to the Wii U Pro, it actually gets me kind of excited getting to know a new controller, its been 10+ years and I am really accustomed to GCC so I understand why people are concerned.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I've been using a GCC for a while now since melee -like most of you- and to be honest I don't mind switching to the Wii U Pro, it actually gets me kind of excited getting to know a new controller, its been 10+ years and I am really accustomed to GCC so I understand why people are concerned.
At this point I'm forced to switch but I'm not angry about. I'm a little ecstatic to feel the new Wii U controllers as I have, as you said, played with GC controllers since the day of the Game Cubes release.

TerraRizerKing

Smash Cadet
I love my GCC controller and id hate to have to let it go, but after so long I do think its time to do so. I could care less about the CC, and CCP since ill be using the Wii U Pro controller which is superior imo. It will just take a lot of getting used too as ive been using my GC controller since the GC first came out. If people are really adamant about sticking with the GC controller there is an adapter for it to work with Wii U but im not gonna bother with that.

Top Bottom