• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash @ PAX Prime Announced!

pokemon64ism

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LemyKoopa

For over ten years, the Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) has been one of the world's biggest gaming conventions. Within the many activities at PAX, the tournaments are always a highlight. Yesterday, more PAX tournaments were announced, and they're all about Smash!

This upcoming weekend, Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will fill the Westin Seattle Grand Ballroom at world's largest gaming event in North America, PAX Prime. The event will host both Singles and Doubles tournaments for both games, with a $10,000 prize pool from Twitch. The tournaments will be organized by prestigious Smash Bros. TOs Michael "Nintendude" Brancato and Arian "TheCrimsonBlur" Fathieh. The 3-day tournament will be home to 64 different setups, so there will be plenty of time to play. Smash @ PAX is free to enter, but you must be attending PAX Prime to be granted entry. Additionally there will be a "Inside the Smash Brothers Industry" panel hosted by AlphaZealot, TheCrimsonBlur, D1 and GimR on Sunday at the Wyvern Theatre at 10 AM!

The tournaments will be streamed on VGBootCamp, and will feature top players such as TSM | Leffen, Tempo | Westballz, MacD, Nintendude, Zhu, Cactuar, and more!

For full details, check out the tournament's smash.gg page, as well it its Facebook event.

Be sure to watch Smash @ PAX Prime's trailer, made by VGBC | Papapaint!

Pokemon64ism is very excited for Smash @ PAX Prime as it looks like it will be a fantastic experience for the players and viewers. You can keep up with him on Twitter @ pokemon64ism pokemon64ism .

Last edited:

CelloLuCC

Smash Apprentice
Can't wait for this to happen! I hope we can get more top melee players, but still great.

Also, here's to someone actually taking a set off ZeRo!

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Not really a fan of Pax nor the folk who fund it.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Who's going for Smash 4?
Only just heard about this, I didn't get a ticket for PAX this year, but after Smash tourney was set up I got sponsored a ticket to compete, so can confirm I will be in there.

Usually a free tournament at a game or anime convention just meant a whole lot of casuals and a nominal piece of swag for a prize, but PAX has been stepping up and this one sounds hype!

Too bad the TOs effectively banned Mii fighters, so expect some fun showmanship from my secondaries!
#FreeMii

Last edited:

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Only just heard about this, I didn't get a ticket for PAX this year, but after Smash tourney was set up I got sponsored a ticket to compete, so can confirm I will be in there.

Usually a free tournament at a game or anime convention just meant a whole lot of casuals and a nominal piece of swag for a prize, but PAX has been stepping up and this one sounds hype!

Too bad the TOs effectively banned Mii fighters, so expect some fun showmanship from my secondaries!
#FreeMii
So that's why you were there! That ROB of yours is nice.

T0MMY

Smash Master
So that's why you were there! That ROB of yours is nice.
Thanks - my newbie R.O.B. appreciates the compliment. Mostly just a bunch of Brawl techniques I improvise while not knowing what I'm doing with him in this new game. Like I said, I'm a Mii main, so I'm kind of looking for a character to use if Mii is (effectively) banned.
Had lots of fun though, want to go next year!

Top Bottom