• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash @ Gaming Generations - May 25th - Metroid, Frootloop, Kels, and more! - Eau Claire, Wisconsin

standardtoaster

Tubacabra

Gaming Generations is a store that sells video games and consoles. The room is in the back of the store. They also sell energy drinks.

Join the facebook event so the people running the venue have an idea of how many people to expect, please.

Venue

508 Water Street
Eau Claire, WI 54703

Schedule

11:00 AM - Venue opens/registration begin
12:00 PM - Melee Pools*
12:30 PM - Project M Pools*
100 PM - Brawl Pools*
1:30 PM - Melee Singles Bracket
2:30 PM - Project M Singles Bracket
3:00 PM - Brawl Singles Bracket
6:00 PM - Project M Draft Crews
9:00 PM - Venue closes

*Pools for P:M, Melee, and Brawl will be done depending on the number of entrants / setups. Bracket will commence upon completion of pools. The listed start times are estimates.

Prices:

Venue fee: FREE
$10 Melee Singles
$10 Project M Singles
$10 Brawl Singles

Payout: 60/30/10 singles

Food

There are a few fast food places within driving distance. (Taco Bell, McDonald's, Subway, etc)

Melee Ruleset

- Items off.
- 4 stock, 8 minutes.
- Team attack on., life stealing allowed.
- Ties are broken by lives then percentage. Percentage ties will replay the match with one stock on the same stage.
- Regular sets are best of 3 matches. Winners finals, losers semis, losers finals and grand finals sets are best of 5 matches.
- Controller mods are banned.
- Stalling is banned. This includes any excessive use of tactics like rising pound and wall-bombing in order to deliberately delay the match.
- Glitches like the Ice Climbers' freeze glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are also banned.
-Pausing is banned. Pausing during a match will result in a loss at your opponent’s discretion.
- Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: The loser cannot pick a stage he or she has won on in the set unless agreed upon by both players. Additionally, if both players agree to play on a banned stage, that stage may be played as well.
- Gentleman's Clause: If the two players agree on a change in a rule, like choosing a banned stage, they are allowed to do so. If there is no agreement, standard rules apply.
- Wobbling is banned.

Stages:

Neutrals 1v1:
Final Destination
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokemon Stadium
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Kongo Jungle 64

After each match:
1. Winner announces a stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets).
2. Loser chooses a Counterpick stage.
3. Winner chooses their character.
4. Loser chooses their character.
5. Winner chooses their controller port (optional).
6. Loser chooses their controller port (optional).

Project M Ruleset

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer

* Items OFF and set to NONE
* Buffer OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* If a match ends with both players dying at the same time resulting in Sudden Death, a 1-stock rematch will be played out on the same stage.
* All Semi-finals and Finals matches will be Best of 5 format.
* If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
* Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick a stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in "122112" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes the next two stages.
4. Second player strikes one stage.

Stages

Starters
Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks
Dracula's Castle
Green Hill Zone
Metal Cavern
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rumble Falls
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

After each match:
1. Winner announces TWO(2) stage bans.
2. Loser chooses a Counterpick stage.
3. Winner chooses their character.
4. Loser chooses their character.
5. Winner chooses their controller port (optional).
6. Loser chooses their controller port (optional).

Brawl Ruleset
  • 3 Stocks
  • 8 Minute Time Limit
  • Items set to “Off” and “None”
  • Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.
  • All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
  • There is a 35 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
  • The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterrupted moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
    • In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
    • If the match ends with both players dying at the same time coincidentally, or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 is used for all characters.
    • If a match is ended via suicide move, the initiator of the move wins.
  • Any coaching that happens during the match (but not in between matches) is restricted. Players who violate this rule will receive a warning (BOTH the player AND the person coaching the player) on the first attempt. Players who violate this rule after a warning will be disqualified from the event and a possible ejection from the venue.
  • Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called. If you are late to a match, the following rules will be applied based on the amount of time:
    • If you are 5 minutes late: Results in a match loss
    • If you are 10 minutes late: Results in a set loss
    • These times will be strictly enforced to make sure that each player will enjoy the full event on a timely manner

Stage List
Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon

General Rules

-BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.

-Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (Such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks. If there is any doubt in the ruling of a pausing incident, stop what you are doing and CALL ONE OF THE TOs TO YOUR MATCH.

-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag.

-Coaching is allowed only between games, not during.

-DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.

-The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.

BRING SETUPS!!!!!

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Are you sure there's enough interest for Melee? If your area has more Brawl players you might want to just make it Brawl/P:M, but idk.

yoshq

Smash Master
I would think there would be no problem getting interest for Melee. Brawl would be less popular. But I feel it would be advantageous to run it during Melee.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Alright. I'm fine with adding brawl then as long as you can TO it yourself, make sure that it does not conflict with the other two events, and that it will still have the tournament complete on time.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I'm keeping my eye out for this tournament... If I can make the drive out to Ann Arbor for TBH2, I can try to make the drive out for this.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Since this is my first tournament I'm hosting, I wanted to keep it relatively simple. If there is enough time left after most of the events are completed/near completion we can throw together a teams bracket.

metroid1117

Smash Master
If enough people are interested and there's enough time, IMHO it'd be more hype to do a crew battle. Your call though, it's your tournament :).

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Added a schedule and cleaned up the OP. I included a draft crew in project m, metroid. :D There are two collapse tags for the rulesets because collapse tags are broken at the moment.

yes I basically took kirk's thread layout because it works really well

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Yoshq, I thought about the brawl side tournament again. I have a feeling that it will probably not be able to be done because most if not all of the wiis there will be Project M for the main tournament.

B.W.

Smash Champion
All that advanced notice.

I'll attempt to show for sure, gonna need a spot in someone's car to get there though.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Anyone who has RSVP'd on smashboards, can you please RSVP on facebook as well? The facebook link is in the op. The store owners really want people to RSVP on facebook so they know how many people to expect.

Triple R

Smash Lord
I have no idea how many people from MN will show up, but I'm assuming some of us will. It's not too far away.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Again, I'm not sure how busy I'll be on this weekend, but I'm stoked at the possibility of meeting you guys and going to my first WI tournament :).

Griffard

Smash Ace
Griff were you going to drive or would you be looking to car pool if you decided to play smash over chess?
A carpool would be supérdope. Not sure about my access to automobiles this summer. Let's play tons no matter what. I can't even remember the last time we played, but I'm pretty sure I was maining Pika then... lol I'm a bit better now.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Assuming that I go, I'll bring a recording setup (and check that it works this time...) and get some of the matches that aren't put on stream :).

Landry

Smash Ace
If I'm home in WI by this time I definitely would be interested in attending for Melee and PM.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I know this might be asking a lot, but would it be possible for IL to get housing for Friday and Saturday night? I'm not sure who's going besides Oro and me, but it's a 5 hour drive; making that on Saturday morning and/or night wouldn't be fun >.>.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I can house you and oro for sure. I don't think I can house anyone else. Other IL people should try asking YoshQ. I know he lives in the area but I'm not sure if he's willing to house people.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I can house you and oro for sure. I don't think I can house anyone else. Other IL people should try asking YoshQ. I know he lives in the area but I'm not sure if he's willing to house people.
Thanks for the offer, Toast. Oro hasn't responded to me whether he's going or not, but YoshQ has offered us housing as well. I'm probably going to be driving down there with some IL people (including DSF and possibly Oro, Kels, and Chris), but once I figure out who's going, we'll decide housing then.

Also, you should change the thread to say that IL people are coming so that this gets more hype :p.

Top Bottom