• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Character VS the World Round 4 - Mario VS Galen Marek

Mario VS Galen Marek

• Mario

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Galen Marek

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Rules;

Rules are simple. You vote for who you think would win a cannon battle. There is a list of what is not allowed to be used.

Not allowed to be considered for the battles;

Game mechanics (Example would be Mario only able to have 1 power up at a time in this game. That is an example of a game mechanic that isn't canon)
Game hacks/freezes/glitches (These should be obvious)
Back-ups/Sidekick characters (Characters must fight by themselves, this does not affect characters who have the ability to summon monsters/generic enemies/have it as a important part of them. Basically Mario cannot call on Luigi to help him and things like that while a character like Taupy from Sand of Destruction is able to summon Kitty his Wife because she is not a playable character and it is address as canon in the game from him to able to summon her)
Wishing to win (regular wishing however is allowed)

Anything not listed here is allowed to be used.
Round 1 results - Winner Mario- http://smashboards.com/threads/smas...deo-game-wrold-round-1-mario-vs-spyro.342927/
Round 2 results - Winner Mario - http://smashboards.com/threads/smas...me-world-round-2-mario-vs-taupy-tolan.343181/
Round 3 results - Winner Mario - http://smashboards.com/threads/smas...ideo-game-world-round-3-mario-vs-sora.343271/
Mario;

It the block hitting Goomba stomping plumber. Mario! His jump is legendary, so much so that it awed a group of tad poles, and trust me that is hard to do. He wields a mighty hammer that crushes his foes. He's got access to a big stash of power-ups ranging from fire, to ice, to boomerang, to animals, to clouds, to rocks, iot's almost limitless! But not only that he defeats a giant mother ******* turtle with spikes erry day all day.

For more precise information go to the following links;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario#Abilities
http://www.mariowiki.com/mario#Powers_and_abilities
http://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_power-ups
Galen Marek

So you are probably think a Star Wars character isn't a video game originated character. Well this Sith apprentice just so happens to be a video game originated character making a debut in the video game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. This guy has, perhaps, the most powerful ability ever seen in any fictional work, the Force. With the power of the force he can send enemies flying, choke them, produce lighting from his hands and chain the lighting into Saber strikes, use his Lightsaber telekineticly and have it seek out foes, he can cast extrodinarily powerful energy that can kill his foes with one hit, and much more. In fact in Star Wars canon Galen is considered one of the most powerful Force wielders that ever existed. But he has more then just the force by his side. He also has the powerful Lightsaber at his side which can cut through anything, can reflect projectiles, and is perhaps one of the most powerful weapons to exist. He even knows a plethora of fighting style with the Lightsaber and has even created his own style.

For more info on Galen Marek visit the following sites;

http://gsingh8.wix.com/star-killer#!abilities-and-powers
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galen_Marek#Powers_and_abilities

Let the battle begin.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
It's obvious now you're just trying to get rid of Mario. But you know, once Mario goes down, there aren't many other characters who can stop the character who beat him.

On-topic:

Force using characters pretty much have the greatest advantage over every other type of fictional character.

Although, I really enjoy Star Wars, (My OC, which is in my avatar, is actually a Jedi himself) I do like Mario more Galen.

Yet, I must give this one to Starkiller. Sorry, Mario.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It's obvious now you're just trying to get rid of Mario. But you know, once Mario goes down, there aren't many other characters who can stop the character who beat him.
Except he won't be staying around if he wins. The rule of the previous character going to the next round only applies to the Smash character side now. So no worries there. :p

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
NNID
Nin-Knight
Oh, and in case you were wondering. Before the release of Star Wars: The Old Republic, its personal forums had a general Star Wars discussion board. On it, people set up a battle thread just like this. It was proven that the majority of the fights were decided through sheer popularity.

Talk about bias run rampant. Yes, people tend to favor characters they like over characters they don't like as much. People don't like the idea of their beloved characters losing to another character.

So, performing an experiment here is pretty much going to give you the same results.

Oh, and a short time later on the same forum, they even had a Donkey Kong Vs Chewbacca battle, and they thought Chewbacca would win. *shrugs*

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Oh, and in case you were wondering. Before the release of Star Wars: The Old Republic, its personal forums had a general Star Wars discussion board. On it, people set up a battle thread just like this. It was proven that the majority of the fights were decided through sheer popularity.

Talk about bias run rampant. Yes, people tend to favor characters they like over characters they don't like as much. People don't like the idea of their beloved characters losing to another character.

So, performing an experiment here is pretty much going to give you the same results.

Oh, and a short time later on the same forum, they even had a Donkey Kong Vs Chewbacca battle, and they thought Chewbacca would win. *shrugs*

If Mario wins again, I will get rid of the poll and instead try to get them to go into detail as to why the think X character would win and only take into account the posts that put a modicum of effort into explaining why. :/

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
NNID
Nin-Knight
If Mario wins again, I will get rid of the poll and instead try to get them to go into detail as to why the think X character would win and only take into account the posts that put a modicum of effort into explaining why. :/
That's pretty much what took place on the Star Wars forum as well. Explain why the character would win.

Their reasoning for Chewbacca beating DK was terrible IMO.
Some intelligent people tried their best at explaining rationally why character X would beat character Y, but ultimately it was a battle between two characters whose powers could not properly be compared.

For instance, it's hard to place Mario's power, for there are very few things in the Marioverse that allow accurate comparisons to other characters from more realistic (Or even more Unrealistic) settings.

That was when the battles died on those other forums. Accurate comparisons could never properly be made, and it would end up a popularity contest no matter what they did.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
You had to pick a character that basically no one could beat...

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So it seems like an exceedingly powerful character is the limit on biasness so far. Well that's good to know for later.

You had to pick a character that basically no one could beat...

The Mario VS Sora thing was basically the same thing in that Mario shouldn't able to beat Sora in an actual battle, Sora is actually not that far from Jedi status in terms of OPness he just lack the all powerful force but they Keyblade is far superior to the Lightsaber (by not that far I mean it is still a sizable gap but he is much closer then many other characters out there are), but Biasness got in the way there still. So I decided to go even more out there in terms of a skewered match-up. Fights from here on will probably be much fairer, but I am saving Galen Marek as a safety precaution of sorts now.

Top Bottom