• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ANCIENT SMASH 64 INDEX - Rest well, old friend. Star King will forever be Dirk King.

jaesik

Smash Rookie
Can somebody help me get setup to play SSB64 online? I've downloaded project64 and the Kallera client but I still don't know how to get to playing it online.

jaesik

Smash Rookie
Everytime I try and connect to a game it just says connecting to the ip address...

M!nt

Smash Champion
The Galaxy server is currently down, use this one : 66.175.211.87:27888

jaesik

Smash Rookie
When I try to play Super Smash it says it's not in my ROMS list, but I have downloaded and extracted it to my ROMS list.

M!nt

Smash Champion
File->Choose Rom Directory

then, File->Refresh Rom List.

jaesik

Smash Rookie
OK, I'm still having some problems:
1. The game crashes sometimes when trying to load a game
2. The C-buttons don't work
3. The Analog stick is too slow even when i've increased the sensitivity all the way up!

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
OK, I'm still having some problems:
1. The game crashes sometimes when trying to load a game
2. The C-buttons don't work
3. The Analog stick is too slow even when i've increased the sensitivity all the way up!
if you have speakers with a computer and can understand english, get skype (google it)

once downloaded namesearch knitephox and ill help you out in detail

KingBerger

Smash Rookie
How do I run the kaillera client sever. Reddit told me to go File -> Start Netplay, but I don't have that option in my emulator under start. Do I have to download a new emulator or am I just looking in the wrong place?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
you don't have the right emulator, use the shiny rainbow link in the first post of this thread

additionally, uncheck raw data if you are using a controller

and if there are no games in your emulator, go file > choose rom directory > pick the folder where your roms are

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Also, if it says in the kaillera client something like, "Can't find Rom in Rom list" or something like that, go to File > Refresh Rom List or just press F5.

KingBerger

Smash Rookie
make sure you're using project64k, not project64
I'm pretty dumb. Despite everything telling me to use Project64k, I continued to use Project64 because I never scrolled down in my folder far enough to notice that there was a Project64k icon.... Thank you.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
because of the last post^^^^

i request that the sparkly link be UPDATED by someone simply REMOVING project64.exe, it is not needed for online OR offline play and CONFUSES newcomers

thanks

The Star King

Smash Hero
I showed a friend from school these forums for some reason (and he might register and make a thread titled something like "star king is a fat noob irl"), and he asked to see the tier list, and I went through the index and clicked on the first link under tier list, and it linked to t3h_icy's instead of the most recent BR one, even though it said "New Tier List". There's a BR quote from Nintendude under it but I wanted to go to the public thread. So I mad or something. Or I figured I might as well point it out. Yeah.

nobodycares.jpg

Garzal

Smash Rookie
I cannot get P64k ver .13 working, I can get Project64 1.6 working, I got project64k .4 working. BUt everytime I try to open Smash in project64k .13 it has an error. Sometimes it says "Failed to open file" then if I try and mess with the graphics plugin Project64.exe will just stop working as soon as it starts up... very frustrating.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
the filename should be Project64k.exe or Project64KVE.exe

download the file from the top of the index and try once more, setting your rom directory as per normal

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Decided I'm going to make a pj64k setup tutorial soon, after seeing several really uninformed ones I figured I could make a proper one that I can rerecord if it's found I missed anything crucial afterward(likely). The only issues I see with my pj64k setup knowledge is keyboard play and setup; though I'm not against suggestions or concerns before I begin a quick plan of tutorial topics and structure.

I'll be using the ssb64 index thread's sparkle pj64kve, and all those plugins with a windows xp version

Anyone have anything possibly out of the ordinary I may miss or list/say a few things that shouldn't be missed? Any positive concerns or suggestions to be included are appreciated.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
Make sure the video is jabo's 1.6 video plugin(3D8), audio plugin default, and one of the nrage plugins for controller.

Talk about adapters and what range/deadzone you need to put them at.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Your voice sounds strained, good work either way though.

" i dunno why people do that dumb ****" LOL

And the xbox controller charger ...so much hate xD
yeah i was thirsty and had to blow my nose, had to rerecord for the second time cuz dumb camstudio is dumb...hahaha

Battlecow

Play to Win
Android: you need to get bootcamp and run windows on your macbook pro

I have a macbook and it works well but you need windows first

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
Knite Phox and I made a really simple batch file that kills project64k and project64kve for whenever it gets stuck and can't close it normally.

this is a good alternative to ctrl+alt+delete then kill it on the task manager.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mi1hadppaeek405

just unzip then put it on your Desktop, all you have to do is double click it whenever project64k or project64kve are stuck.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Knite Phox and I made a really simple batch file that kills project64k and project64kve for whenever it gets stuck and can't close it normally.

this is a good alternative to ctrl+alt+delete then kill it on the task manager.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mi1hadppaeek405

just unzip then put it on your Desktop, all you have to do is double click it whenever project64k or project64kve are stuck.
really nice idea, just tested it, works well. Great job

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
Why saves and not codes? If someone did all this hacking work to get to this level and didn't release their knowledge on ram addresses then that is reason number 1 why there is no level/character editor.

Top Bottom