• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I know, your internet is a bit crappy if it crashes like that.
I think we should stop then. It would be better for your connexion. But it was fun.
I hope I get my connection fixed soon. It's a lot worse than it normally is lately.

Anyway, now you see what I mean. All my problems can be summed up in two words: "approaching" and "impatience".

D

Deleted member

I think my ignore list might be a bit too large now. There are too many people in this thread replying to nobody.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Dan! Sup?

btw i main rosalina again.

Duder let's hang I want some of that starter pack!
I......I'm tempted to post another ceiling pic.....I used to use Rosalina but she kinda got meh to me.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
First of all, happy New Year everyone. May 2015 be a better year for you all.

Next, latest Sakurai interview reveals that more characters besides the current roster were intended but were cut due to time constraints, with Sakurai detailing how characters with no prospect for new games were "at a disadvantage". He also stated the roster was decided on May 2012, with cuts happening during development. Bowser Jr. barely made it.

Sakurai notes how they want to avoid as many cuts as possible as he defends that every character has fans who would like to see their favorites return. Here's hoping that Sakurai decides to bring as many of those planned, but cut, characters as possible through DLC.

Finally, I will be even less active than I've been. Busy times await me this month.

That's all. See ya.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You must be new if you're noticing this now...
Well I've added something like 5 people in the past couple of days.

My job doesn't let me put anyone on ignore. What the hell...
Serious? I understand why that's the case, but it's still annoying. More annoying than my job preventing me from ignoring mods :troll:

DISCLAIMER: I did not test this with any of the mods that regularly show up here.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
First of all, happy New Year everyone. May 2015 be a better year for you all.

Next, latest Sakurai interview reveals that more characters besides the current roster were intended but were cut due to time constraints, with Sakurai detailing how characters with no prospect for new games were "at a disadvantage". He also stated the roster was decided on May 2012, with cuts happening during development. Bowser Jr. barely made it.

Sakurai notes how they want to avoid as many cuts as possible as he defends that every character has fans who would like to see their favorites return. Here's hoping that Sakurai decides to bring as many of those planned, but cut, characters as possible through DLC.

Finally, I will be even less active than I've been. Busy times await me this month.

That's all. See ya.
Hi, Happy New Year
Bye, Happy New Year

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Morning, Smashboards.

Just tried online on the Wii U version. Played For Fun a bit and in For Glory.

You know? I just learned that most characters seem to have a move online players spam to no end.

For example, I just played against a guy who used :4olimar:, spamming Pikmin Throw, :4robinm:, spamming Thunder, :4link:, spamming Hero's Bow, and :4villager:, who spammed Lloid Rocket.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
The only person worthy of being on my ignore list is myself.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I hope I get my connection fixed soon. It's a lot worse than it normally is lately.

Anyway, now you see what I mean. All my problems can be summed up in two words: "approaching" and "impatience".
Your :4yoshi: is good, but you need some adjustments. For example, don't try to spike your opponent unless you're sure he will be there when the hit will spike. You've spiked me with :4mario: too high, and I could just come back easily with my recovery. The only good spike was with :4drmario:, but his matchup is already bad with Yoshi anyway.
You should also try to approach with your eggs. The eggs are pretty efficient for approaching, like Doc with his pills. You can grind up some damages easily if you do it right. Try to do more airial combos, and keep putting pressure on your opponent. Yoshi has been buffed a lot in Smash 4, so maining him is good.

To progress, play more on basic stages and less on FD. Try to watch other Yoshi players and see how they play, especially how they approach if you think you need to improve on this point. The Yoshi threads here will help you a lot, and it won't be difficult to find good Yoshis, since he's top tier.

Anyway, keep going buddy, your Yoshi has a lot of potential.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Your :4yoshi: is good, but you need some adjustments. For example, don't try to spike your opponent unless you're sure he will be there when the hit will spike. You've spiked me with :4mario: too high, and I could just come back easily with my recovery. The only good spike was with :4drmario:, but his matchup is already bad with Yoshi anyway.
You should also try to approach with your eggs. The eggs are pretty efficient for approaching, like Doc with his pills. You can grind up some damages easily if you do it right. Try to do more airial combos, and keep putting pressure on your opponent. Yoshi has been buffed a lot in Smash 4, so maining him is good.

To progress, play more on basic stages and less on FD. Try to watch other Yoshi players and see how they play, especially how they approach if you think you need to improve on this point. The Yoshi threads here will help you a lot, and it won't be difficult to find good Yoshis, since he's top tier.

Anyway, keep going buddy, your Yoshi has a lot of potential.
I'll try to keep that in mind. I don't know that many options with him yet.

Anyway, why I always turn custom fighters on even though I always play as uncustomized ones; Because letting others choose who they want doesn't stop me from choosing uncustomized ones.

And as for the custom stages I was going to suggest, I have things like Project M: Pokémon Stadium M, Super Smash Flash 2: Sky Sanctuary Zone, and N64: Tutorial Stage. I'm not dumb enough to try to train on things where there's blocks scattered all over the place or something :p

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Morning, Smashboards.

You know? I just learned that most characters seem to have a move online players spam to no end.

For example, I just played against a guy who used :4olimar:, spamming Pikmin Throw, :4robinm:, spamming Thunder, :4link:, spamming Hero's Bow, and :4villager:, who spammed Lloid Rocket.
Eveyone on the Roster is a spammer. I just came terms with that
Serious? I understand why that's the case, but it's still annoying. More annoying than my job preventing me from ignoring mods :troll:
DISCLAIMER: I did not test this with any of the mods that regularly show up here.
You cant ignore mod? ooohh poopy
I barely have anyone on my ignore list because I handle everyone by myself and they sorta stop annoying me after a while

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Morning, Smashboards.

You never knew ? It's the new tactic of casuals. :4littlemac: doesn't work anymore, they might as well spam boomrangs and charged shots at people to win. And still no :4diddy:.

D

Deleted member

The only person worthy of being on my ignore list is myself.
Does that even work?

You cant ignore mod? ooohh poopy
I barely have anyone on my ignore list because I handle everyone by myself and they sorta stop annoying me after a while
People usually say one thing that cheeses me off (typically in regards to my role model here) and they wind up on the ignore list. I do un-ignore them eventually (sometimes) but then I realize that I kind of liked their absence, and put them right back on the list. Or I use it to discourage me from talking to certain people. speaking of which, I just realized CliffJumper has never been on this list. Huh. I should probably fix that.

kylexv

Smash Master
While breeding Pokemon to trade off for the next Wondertrade Wednesday, I bred a Shiny Rattata!
Joey would be proud.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Does that even work?

People usually say one thing that cheeses me off (typically in regards to my role model here) and they wind up on the ignore list. I do un-ignore them eventually (sometimes) but then I realize that I kind of liked their absence, and put them right back on the list.
The only one I keep on ignore is he who shall not be named. everyone else gets chewed out by everyone and never comes back to annoy me Also I do have to ignore some nasty as pervert that keeps talking to me

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The only one I keep on ignore is he who shall not be named. everyone else gets chewed out by everyone and never comes back to annoy me Also I do have to ignore some nasty as pervert that keeps talking to me
Nasty pervert?

...did Revoltech Woody leave his cage again?

D

Deleted member

Okay I'm actually really bored right now. Anybody wanna play Smash 3DS? :p

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I only have three people on Ignore; Deidara, that one highly-respected-for-some-reason guy who literally called all competitive players "terrorists", and one other person who just rubs me the wrong way.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My job doesn't let me put anyone on ignore. What the hell...
Less of an issue in chat rooms where Ignore does not exist. Silence sometimes does, but they cannot speak if they're that or banned. XD

Albeit, Silence is less common. I've moderated chats quite often. They can be a real pain sometimes. You can't give out Infractions but have to warn people yourself.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Be glad you have such a small list.

I don't care how many hitlists I get put on for posting this; it will only expand the list

Now if only I could remember why half these people are on ignore...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Be glad you have such a small list.

I don't care how many hitlists I get put on for posting this

Now if only I could remember why half these people are on ignore...
MOTHER OF GOD Half of those people arent even that bad XD
Also it isn't good you put people on blast like that you should at least tell then WHY they are on that list

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom