• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 A Cause : Smash Wii U Tournament - UCF [March 21]

Philip Florio

Smash Rookie
NNID
phil_domo
We are a group of UCF students trying to raise money for the Fallin Pines Critter Rescue. From their mission statement: "Fallin' Pines Critter Rescue's mission is to rescue unwanted or displaced exotic, domestic and farm animals, reptiles and birds and to place them in loving homes or to give the handicapped or unadoptable animals a permanent home." We wanted to do this in a way that was both fun and played to what we know, and what we know is Smash. If you like Smash and/or want to help the animals come out. Everyone is welcome.

RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/644133755713976

Location: UCF Student Union, Room 223 (Second Floor, Cedar Key)
Date: 3/21/15
Events:
Smash Wii U Singles Tournament
Project M Singles Tournament
Free Smash

Fees:
$10 Venue Fee/Charitable Donation
$5 Smash Wii U Tournament Entry
$5 Project M Tournament Entry

Venue Fee - This goes towards paying for the room, with the remainder going to the Fallin Pines Critter Rescue. Paying this allows you access to the Free Play if you choose not to enter either of the tournaments.

Prizes:
Prizes will come from the tournament entry fees and will be distributed among the top winners dependent on numbers of entries. Fewer entries means less people sharing the payout, more entries means the payout will reach more people. This will be updated when we have a better idea of the possible turnout. We also have a few gift cards to give away which will be added to the prize pool

Tentative Schedule:
10:00 AM: Registration Open
11:30 AM: Smash Wii U Registration Closes
12:00 PM: Smash Wii U Tournament Begins
1:30 PM: Project M Registration Closes
2:00 PM: Project M Tournament Begins
All Day: Free Smash

Equipment:
If anyone has Wii's for Project M, it would be appreciated. We could also always use more Gamecube controllers and Wii U accessories.

Basic Rules
Please respect the venue, the organizers, the equipment, and each other.

Basic Rules Set (Stock, no Handicaps, Damage Ratio 100%, No Items, Pause Off, All Character Available)

All sets are best-of-3 except for the following matches, which best-of-5: Winners Semifinals, Winners Finals, Losers Quarters, Losers Semifinals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.

Standard Rules of Procedure

Double Blind Character Selection is allowed.

Stalling is banned.

Time Out/Ties: The winner of a match that goes to time will be determined by stocks and percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, or a match in which both players lost their last stock simultaneously, a 1 stock tiebreaker will be played. Sudden Death is not the be played an will not count.

Wii U Rules
  • 2 Stock, 6 Minute Limit
  • Custom Fighters are Off
  • Mii Fighters Are Allowed. Each Setup will have a 1-1-1-1 Mii Brawlers/Swordsmen/Gunners available. No other specials for Mii fighters will be allowed.
Stage List:
Starter Stages:​
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
Counterpick Stages:​
  • Castle Siege
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Duck Hunt
  • Halberd
  • Kongo Jungle 64
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Town & City
  • Omega Stages (counts as Final Destination during the banning phase)
Stage Striking: Each players strikes one stage from the Starter Stage list. The remaining stage is used for the first match.
Stage Clause: A player may not pick any stage they previously won on during the set.
Stage Bans: The player who won the previous game may ban 2 stages from either the Starter or Counterpick lists.
Alternate Controllers: The Wii U Gamepad, Nintendo 3DS, and Nintendo 2DS are banned from use as controllers. All other controllers are acceptable.

Project M Rules
  • 3 Stock, 8 Minute Limit
Stage List
Starter Stages​
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
Counterpick Stages​
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
  • Pokemon Stadium 1
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Dreamland (64)
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Yoshi's Story (Melee)
  • Wario Ware
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Norfair
All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
Stage Striking: Each players strikes one stage from the Starter Stage list. The remaining stage is used for the first match.
Stage Clause: A player may not pick any stage they previously won on during the set.
Stage Bans: The player who won the previous game may ban 2 stages from either the Starter or Counterpick lists

Last edited:

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Woe. The Project M stagelist is a little out there. You do mean Project M, right? The mod of Brawl that makes it have more melee mechanics. What was your reasoning for having Castle Siege and Delfino Plaza?

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Whoa. Might want to do a bit of work on that PM ruleset. It appears you lifted the ruleset straight out of Brawl. If you'd like, I can suggest a more standard stagelist.

Philip Florio

Smash Rookie
NNID
phil_domo
I actually haven't done a lot of Project M, I assumed the mechanics of the stages would be similar. I'll have to do a bit more research and update the stagelist.

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Edit: You should provide a link for people to rsvp.

Smashboards has a boring "standard" ruleset and stagelist shown in the rules section of the site that you could use.

I would be down for the stagelist as it is with DP and CS.

But honestly, DP is not a good tourney stage with pm mechanics in my opinion. Water is pretty silly.

Also, have you considered making the starters lists bigger for both games? Maybe try making the entire stagelist a starter?

Last edited:

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Your welcome. I am glad that you have Norfair as a PM stage, it was being neglected as a tourney stage for no legitamate reason. Thank you for including Norfair.

Also, typo that needs fixed. In stagelist you have

PS1
Pokemon Stadium melee

Pokemon stadium 1 is the melee one. Switch it to 2

Last edited:

Philip Florio

Smash Rookie
NNID
phil_domo
Fixed. Also, had to change the date to the 21st because they gave away our room. We have secured a room for Saturday the 21st. It is Room 223 in the Student Union (second floor).

Philip Florio

Smash Rookie
NNID
phil_domo
Hard to say. We're estimating 30 - 40 people based on early response and interest from various groups, could be a bit more could be a bit less.

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Is this tourney open to non UCF students? Will the tourney take place in a dorm? Could you give a more detailed addressed so I can be positive I know where it is?

Last edited:

Philip Florio

Smash Rookie
NNID
phil_domo
As it says above, the tourney is open to all. It's not a dorm, it is the student union. The exact address is
12715 Pegasus Dr, Orlando, FL 32816

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
I am able to bring two tvs for Project M but one of them is very big so I will not bring it unless someone confirms that they will bring their Wii. Unfortunatly I cannot bring Wiis for said tvs.

@ Philip Florio Philip Florio
Please tell people on FB and any other sites you posted on about the tvs so that they can plan to bring their Wiis. Thank you. To let you know, I am not one hundred percent positive that I will be able to attend but I will try to.

Last edited:

thepickleavenger

Smash Rookie
NNID
thepickleavenger
3DS FC
1046-9330-0337
If you still need a gamecube adapter for the Wii U, I could supply one, although I only have one GC controller

Philip Florio

Smash Rookie
NNID
phil_domo
@ Zach777 Zach777 we actually seem to have enough TV's already, strangely enough. I'd hate to make you drag yours down if we aren't going to use it. Custom textures are fine, assuming we can get it all set up quick enough and the owner of the wii is okay with it.
@ thepickleavenger thepickleavenger Yes, we would be very appreciative if you could bring your gamecube adapter.

Saint Shaden 009

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
SAIN#490
So, as fate would have it, I am not gonna be able to go on Saturday because of some family situations, so cross my Wii off the list of set-ups.

Sorry guys D:

Philip Florio

Smash Rookie
NNID
phil_domo
@ Zach777 Zach777 do you know whether or not you will be attending yet? We have another Wii but we need another copy of Brawl and an SD card with Project M to get another station going. If you could, please PM me with your phone number so we can talk.

@ thepickleavenger thepickleavenger any chance you also have a copy of Smash for Wii U you could bring? If so, please PM me your number.

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Did this get postponed to Sunday? I was unable to attend Sat for personal reasons but I might make it if it is Sunday.

Sorry, I did not respond Philip but I have limited internet access.

Last edited:
Top Bottom