• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skyloft causing slowdown?

Neolife

Smash Rookie
So I recently upgraded my computer to Windows 8 Pro to try out the new OS. I had been running Dolphin using a ripped copy of Brawl (homebrewed Wii rip) and set up Project M on Dolphin r7511. Everything ran fine, full 60 fps without any (noticeable) hangups during gameplay on Windows 7. However, after upgrading to Win8, my game drops to 51 fps when running Skyloft. I can see it isn't fully loading my GPU or CPU, but the game just WILL NOT go any higher.

Relevant Computer Info:
AMD FX-6300, nVidia GTX 480 & 460 (for PhysX), 990FX Extreme4 mobo, 8GB DDR3 RAM, SSD.

As I've said, the system handled it fine prior to Win8, but now it slows down only on Skyloft (we noticed Skyloft slowing down on a laptop as well that we used to use when compared to other stages). Does anyone have any clue what could be the issue?

Kati

Smash Lord
Hmm. I remember that skyloft was banned from doubles in 2.1 due to lag (on the console mind you), but that supposedly it was fixed. Mewtwo2000 released a version set in front of Ganon's castle, so I recommend trying that. It's in the custom stage repository thread.

Top Bottom