• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sigurd Support Thread!

Darth Nightmaricus

Smash Cadet
NNID
105087bradyisman
Who is Sigurd?
Sigurd is one of the two central protagonists of Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. Unlike most Fire Emblem protagonists, he has had no representation at all in Smash. Not a sticker in Brawl, no trophy in any game, etc. He literally has never appeared except for an alt costume for Ike in Brawl that simply shared his blue color scheme. That's it. Sigurd's actions in FE4 influenced the rest of the most commonly seen Fire Emblem timeline (FE1-5 and FE13).

What does he look like?

Here is his official artwork:

Here is a render of him that was used in Project M as a Marth alt:

What would his moveset be?
Standard attack: Slashes forward with Tyrfing (his sword).
Up tilt: Slashes upward.
Down tilt: Slashes downward.
Forward tilt: Stabs forward.
Neutral aerial: Slashes in the direction he's facing.
Up aerial: Stabs upward with his lance.
Down aerial: Stabs downward with his lance.
Forward aerial: Stabs forward with his lance.
Back aerial: Kicks behind him.
Forward smash: Jabs forward using his lance.
Up smash: Slashes upward repeatedly with Tyrfing.
Down smash: Jabs hard at the ground with Tyrfing.
Dash attack: Slashes forward.
Neutral special: Stabs his lance forward. This attack can be charged.
Side special: Rapidly slashes with Tyrfing to the right or left, ending with a powerful stab forward.
Up special: Thrusts Tyrfing upward and jumps high. This is his recovery move.
Down special: Jumps up and then slams his sword into the ground pointing downward, causing a shockwave that pushes back enemies within range.
Final Smash: Impales any enemies in front of him with his lance, then removes his lance from them. A cinematic then plays of his army from FE4 attacking the characters hit with the lance.

Sigurd has a lot of potential for the series, and would be a good representative for the Super Famicom era of the Fire Emblem series, which sorely lacks representation.

I hope I'm doing this right, by the way...

Last edited:
If you want to sell a character making them a marth alt is NOT the way to do it. the Smash fanbasehates clones :p

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
Yeah, at first I was going to complain that we don't need more Fire Emblem characters, especially another Marth clone who looks that much like Marth, but your moveset idea makes him a bit more believable. Still, I'm getting a little FE worn... 5 characters, and two clones of the same character seems like a bit much...

slambros

Smash Ace
I heard once that Sigurd was considered for Melee, but discarded for Roy at pretty much the last minute to advertise Roy's upcoming Fire Emblem. What would that have been like?

Darth Nightmaricus

Smash Cadet
NNID
105087bradyisman
I heard once that Sigurd was considered for Melee, but discarded for Roy at pretty much the last minute to advertise Roy's upcoming Fire Emblem. What would that have been like?
I honestly don't know how things would've turned out.

There wouldn't be "Roy my boy", that's for sure.

I honestly don't know how things would've turned out.

There wouldn't be "Roy my boy", that's for sure.
https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/13/the-definitive-unused-fighters-list-in-smash/

Sakurai planning Sigurd for Smash 64, seems to be an unfounded rumor. No official sources could be found, making this pure speculation.

Top Bottom