• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shy Guy (Stage hazard and smash run enemy confirmation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Legendaries are only available in ones for gameplay purposes.
If you could catch multiples of them or breed them, they wouldn't be so "Legendary", would they?

Only for a select few are there only one of, and the only ones I can safely say that only one exists in both games and anime are Mewtwo and Arceus. EDIT: And I assume now Genesect.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
not to try and keep this derailing going but isn't Mew like the last one left. we got the one from the movie and i dont really remember him making another appearence in the show, and if so it coulda still been the same one.

D

Deleted member

No, Mew are just extremely rare as they don't make themselves known to humans for the most part.
We have seen at least two Mews, the one from the first movie, and the one from Lucario's movie (which couldn't have been the same Mew, given that it is tied in life essence to the Tree of Beginning).

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Neutral Special: SlingShot
Forward Special: Pyro Guy
Upward Special: Fly Guy
Downward Special: Flower Guy

FINAL SMASH: Tribal Guy (Lightning Dance)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
shy guy's a common enemy.

once he gets a playable roll like waddle dee, or is upgraded to main rival/villian/antagonist, like kamek, then I'd like him in.

still would rather have kamek.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Shyguy is pretty much main generic minion of the Yoshi games if that helps.
I have to admit you're right though. As much as I'd like to think otherwise, Shyguy has little chance until he becomes a character of his own.
I also agree with BP11 mind you. Toad is more likely but wouldn't be nearly as fun and isn't nearly as good a character IMO. Shyguy was the reason I never bought Mario Kart DS.

Finally, if they do include him, can we get the uncensored version of his speech please? I know his japanese name is unfortunate but none of us want to hear badly done cat sounds.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I think Yoshi needs a partner from his games and shy guy is perfect!
-He is popular.
-He is playable in Mario Kart an Mario Party and its the most important enemy in Yoshi games.
-He have a lot of potential for a moveset .

:yoshi:
:shyguy:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Even having a second Yoshi rep can't be a sure thing, and then we have to take Kamel and the Babies into account.

That doesn't mean I really want him in.

D

Deleted member

I like Shy Guy, but I don't want it to be in SSB4's roster. He'll probably have some hope in Smash 10!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well, I fixed the broken image link, not sure when that happened.

pokemonz are a plenty, but shy guy is unique.

well, no, there are lots of shy guy.

He's been playable before, in several games, but I gotta be honest with you guys, I don't like his chances. It really saddens me, shy guy is probably my favorite character in the mario-verse. He's my racer of choice in kart, I just can't get enough of him.

Although, if you guys are looking for hope... Lets just say that waaaay pre brawl, I made a Charizard support thread. I had no hope for Charizard, I just thought he was awesome. Nobody else thought he had a chance either, some people went as far as to flame. But y'all know how that turned out. soooooo anything is possible mates!

shyguy4sm4sh

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Despite my main support being for Kamek, Shy Guy is definitely a character I would love to see as a playable character in Smash Bros 4. He has a great potential with his moveset (looking at the propeller, the stilts, the spear), and is kinda as iconic as Gumba for the Mario franchise.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Shy Guys will be returning, but apparently, they're stage hazards once again. This will probably leave a sour taste on the Shy Guy supporters.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
The Shy Guys will be returning, but apparently, they're stage hazards once again. This will probably leave a sour taste on the Shy Guy supporters.
Hey now, while I never thought he would be playable, as owner of this thread and known devil's advocate, just because he's a stage hazard on rainbow road doesn't mean instant de-confirmation. Prime examples being toon link on his train stage, and ROB in brawl (on the F-zero stage).

Just sayin' ya never know ;)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Hey now, while I never thought he would be playable, as owner of this thread and known devil's advocate, just because he's a stage hazard on rainbow road doesn't mean instant de-confirmation. Prime examples being toon link on his train stage, and ROB in brawl (on the F-zero stage). Permission to change the title back to normal, until a REAL de-confirmation?
However, there is a flaw in that: In the pic, there's 5 different Shy Guy colors, including red, black, green, blue, and even the White Shy Guy from Yoshi's Story. Toon Link and Conductor Link are separate characters, and the R.O.B.'s look different enough to be classified as different entities.

However, there's no doubt that the Shy Guys are not specific Shy Guys. They are a species, and they all appear riding on Rainbow Road. Even though it's canonically possible for two red Shy Guys to appear in the same place, it would also be weird to see another Yoshi, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Lucario, Luma or Pikmin running around in the background, causing confusion. So, using this, I'm saying Shy Guy, for sure, will not appear playable because his entire species is a stage hazard for Rainbow Road.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hey now, while I never thought he would be playable, as owner of this thread and known devil's advocate, just because he's a stage hazard on rainbow road doesn't mean instant de-confirmation. Prime examples being toon link on his train stage, and ROB in brawl (on the F-zero stage).

Just sayin' ya never know ;)
Well, Shy Guy IS a generic enemy, and from what we've seen, generic enemies are not known for getting the playable treatment.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Generic isn't exactly an argument against a character when Yoshi himself is a generic species, as well as every Pokemon character minus Mewtwo and Mr. Game and Watch.

The stage hazard thing doesn't really bring me down, because as a generic species, there are literal TONS of Shy Guys. Playable in at least one game in nearly every Mario spin-off series.

Last edited:

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Specials for a Shy guy moveset I'm making

Neutral Special - Pyro Guy
Shy Guy charges up. His body inflates a little while charging, decreasing is his fall speed. Releasing it makes him spit a fireball with goes farther with higher charge. It hits multiple times with low knockback, and at full Charge goes half battlefield length and can do a maximum of 10%. If not released at full charge Shy Guy Catches fire and becomes a Pyro Guy
⁃ When Pyro his he get a small speed increase and when touching another player deals 1% with no knockback. It also increase the power of some of his attacks. Pyro Guy Lasts for 5 second and inflict 1% on Shy Guy every half second.

Side Special - Bullet Bill Blast
Shy Guy jumps on a Bullet Bill and Flies forward. It Explodes after 2,5 seconds or if it hits something. When it explodes It damages Shy Guy 5% and knocks diagonally upwards with very weak knockback (Would need at least 300% before he could Kill himself with it). Direct hit deals 25 % while getting hit only by the explosion deals 20%.
Shy Guy needs to get on the ground for this to recharge.

Up Special - Fly Guy
An Propeller appear on his head and he flies upwards. Similar to Robo Burner it don't send him into helpless and can be reactivated after using an attack, but compared to Robo Burner the "fuel" is much more limited. Needs to land to get it recharged.
The propeller has a hitbox that can hit multiple times for 1% (2% If Pyro)

Down Special - Stilt Guy:
On ground two stilts appear lifting him upwards. In air he stabs two stilts downward, keeping them out for half a second. If they hit the ground while out Shy guy stands on them. He's about 1,5 times his own height above the ground. Standing on them count as being on the ground letting them recharge Shy Guy's Specials. When Shy guy does anything or get hit, they disappear, but the stilts themselves can't get hit. the aerial version deals 5%.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Like my profile pic, we could always have General Guy from Paper Mario. He actually is the true Shy Guy leader you know. He would make a great boss in his tank or FS for Shy Guy. (If he still makes it in)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Like my profile pic, we could always have General Guy from Paper Mario. He actually is the true Shy Guy leader you know. He would make a great boss in his tank or FS for Shy Guy. (If he still makes it in)
I think general shy guy would be a great alt costume, but I feel the standard shy guy colors would best represent his standard appearance.

Also, great moveset Gibdo.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Man, just talking about General Guy in SSB4...Well, I made a boss support thread for him yesterday, but that didn't work because I forgot to put it in the General Discussion for Wii U place. Maybe I could find a way to make him work as a playable character? Like using his shy guys as pawns to fight?

I'm not trying to make an 'enemy' thread, but I really like the idea of General Guy in SSB4. I think I might make a support thread for him... :smirk:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
As E3, and the game's release date, draws nearer, and a lot more character confirmations have occurred, we're probably gonna be finding out most character's fates in ~3-4 months (assuming the game doesn't get pushed back, so don't bet on it xD)

There's been a lot of news regarding updates in game mechanics, and even though PT was cut, Charizard managed to return.

While personally, I think Shy Guy doesn't really have a chance, especially with Rosalina being a new Mario rep, I don't want to outright kill anyone's hope, and I do love the little guy. (He's been confirmed for MK8!)

Just interested in people's thoughts

ryuu seika

Smash Master
It could definitely be an alternate costume.

Like my profile pic, we could always have General Guy from Paper Mario. He would make a great boss in his tank or FS for Shy Guy. (If he still makes it in)
While the idea isn't bad in a vacuum, do we really need another Landmaster?
IMO, the perfect Final Smash for Heiho would be for him to remove his mask, revealing the same 3 holes in his head from which dark energy swirls, inflicting massive knockback and damage from the shock factor onto any opponent who looks directly at it. I call it "Void Stare".

Last edited:

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
It could definitely be an alternate costume.

While the idea isn't bad in a vacuum, do we really need another Landmaster?
IMO, the perfect Final Smash for Heiho would be for him to remove his mask, revealing the same 3 holes in his head from which dark energy swirls, inflicting massive knockback and damage from the shock factor onto any opponent who looks directly at it. I call it "Void Stare".
Er, doesn't that sound a little too creepy for a Nintendo game?
Although it does sound like a clone FS, they could make it different with the little light bulb on top that zaps the opponents. Just a thought.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
It's similar to the one I suggested, but I think it's more true to his character to not actually ever show the player. Adds to the mystery factor, while still being fun.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Welp, I'm not sure if anyone saw in video, but I personally played smash run, and encountered a shy guy or two there. I think this is as close to de-confirmation as we're gonna get, especially with gametsu looking true.

Not that I really expected shy guy to get in at all, but hey, a man can dream xD

good luck to all your other roster hopes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom