• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shroom for the Stars: Captain Toad for Smash 4! CHAPTER 11: IT'S A MII; TOAD!

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
It might not be Captain Toad, but I'm really glad to see good ol' Toad getting an amiibo. Definitely picking this amiibo up wheneer it releases!

Pretty unique since Toad is the only character by far who's getting an amiibo; yet, isn't playable in Smash just like what Arcadenik noted..

So cute regardless!

Staarih

Smash Master
How have I not noticed this thread before? I'm definitely a supporter, especially after playing Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (I just 100% it a couple of days ago by doing all the time trials). Love the game, so charming.
The 5,000 coin bonus mission in the last stage was a pain tho.

Anyway, Captain Toad in Smash would give us Toad in Smash, which is pretty much the only major Mario character missing. I've always thought of Paper Mario as the next deserving Mario character in Smash, but nowadays I'm definitely more up for (Captain) Toad. I personally wouldn't need a Toadette alt for him, just a Captain one and a regular Toad (4-4) would do.

Also, that Toad amiibo... I've yet to get any amiibo at all but I think I might just go ahead and get this one. If only for the extra's in Treasure Tracker, even though it seems to be nothing too special, hehe.

Last edited:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
I think Toad is the best bet for a new Mario rep in the future.

Would love to see him make it in and I think having his own game only increases his odds.
He could Easily have a few costumes as well - Toad, Captain Toad, Toadette, Toadsworth etc.

Lets get all the Mario Kart 64 Reps in!

I can see Toad as a turtling type fighter for this game. I like the bag/weight mechanic. As long as it doesn't hold Toad back if it's ever a thing in the game (In other words, the design should be balanced and perfect for Toad)

I still haven't played Treasure Tracker because I don't have a Wii U yet :|

A bit iffy on the duo mechanic for Toad/Toadette

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
sold

by the by heres a toad moveset i came up a couple weeks back some of you may have seen it in the toad group

combo: a few jabs with a royal guard spear
strong side: simple kick
strong up: headbutts with large hat
strong down: plant pluck (like villager's)

dash: slides across ground similar to when going down a slide in 3d world/TT
side smash: swings down pickax
up smash: swings pickax over head
down smash: strikes both sides with pickax

neutral air: flails a bit
forward air: spear jab
back air: p. plant attack
up air: hat jab
down air: diamond drop

grab: potted piranha plant
pummel: p. plant bites down on foe
forward throw: p. plant headbutts foe
back throw: p. plant throws them behind
up throw: spins foe round throw them up
down throw: drops foe toad hits them with pot

neutral special: item throw, generates a random item and throws it, a turnip, a diamond, a bomb, enemies from TT & WW
side special: mine cart dash, charges forward in a mine cart, works similar to jr's but can be turned around
up special: propeller spin, shoots upwards using the propeller suit
down special: luck cat slam, turns into a cat toad statue and slams downwards (like kirby's)

final smash: toad brigade, he jumps into a starshroom and flies off screen, then the entire toad brigade each piloting their own starshroom tear through the stage rapidly at random places flying towards the background

and how do they jump with that back pack? they've got a feather from super mario kart in there

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Apparently it's an amiibo-based tourney at a con where Captain Toad will make an appearance.

Ostensibly the prize is a Toad amiibo.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I finished the game but I want more! Nintendo has been neglecting Toad for over 20 years. Nintendo needs to make more Toad games and include Toad as a playable character in more main Mario platformers and RPG spin-offs to make up for lost time.

Albo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlboAlbo
That amiibo looks awesome, though I wish we'd get newer Toad artwork than from Mario Party 6. If they took his pose from 3D World but swapped the blue dots for red, that'd be totally awesome.

Also, has anyone seen Toad's amiibo board in Mario Party 10?

Albo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlboAlbo
Has anyone seen Toad's amiibo board in Mario Party 10?

Looks pretty good, very Toad-like indeed.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I finished the game but I want more! Nintendo has been neglecting Toad for over 20 years. Nintendo needs to make more Toad games and include Toad as a playable character in more main Mario platformers and RPG spin-offs to make up for lost time.
yeah really dose have the same thing as luigi's mansion of being just a little short

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Loving all the Toad-iness so far!! That wii mote just looks awesome! xD

Also good news guys!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147679724&postcount=1383

http://n4g.com/news/1655100/december-2014-npd-captain-toad-sells-around-250-000-copies

Captain Toad has sold 250k in the US so far! Much better than the initial Japan sales, so glad that Captain Toad did this well! :D

Treasure Tracker is third highest debut of a Wii U title for 2014 apparently which is great!
So... if Toad's own game is the third highest selling Wii U game of 2014... what is #2? I'm pretty sure Smash is #1 anyway.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'd assume Mario Kart 8 must be ranking pretty high.
I would be shocked if Toad actually managed to beat Donkey Kong Country and Hyrule Warriors... or even Bayonetta.

Argh... double post...moderator, please delete this duplicate post.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Just bumping this up because of toadette return on MP10.

This actually kinda gives me hope for a W2 of SMB amiibo; think about it, why would they only have half the game's roster as amiibo?
Right now iirc it's...

Mario Luigi Peach Daisy Yoshi Rosalina
Toad Toadette Wario Waluigi DK Spike

Why just have only half the roster get amiibo, 3 use another game's amiibo, and 3 not useable at all in Amiibo Party?

that artwork is fab tho

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
This actually kinda gives me hope for a W2 of SMB amiibo; think about it, why would they only have half the game's roster as amiibo?
Right now iirc it's...

Why just have only half the roster get amiibo, 3 use another game's amiibo, and 3 not useable at all in Amiibo Party?

that artwork is fab tho
thats another one wed all get

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I do hope the Toadette amiibo, presuming we get one for Mario Party, will be compatible with Captain Toad as well.

Not that I'm entirely clear exactly what the pixel Toad thing is.

I would be shocked if Toad actually managed to beat Donkey Kong Country and Hyrule Warriors... or even Bayonetta.

Argh... double post...moderator, please delete this duplicate post.
I think I read Captain Toad's outdone Bayonetta 2 actually. However I can't speak for DK: TF or HW.

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm confident Treasure Tracker will do well for Wii U standards, Mario games always sell well.

And as for the Toad amiibo... I just pre-ordered one from a local shop over here. My first amiibo and it's not even from the Smash Bros-line haha! I'm still not huge about amiibo and probably won't get more, but there just was something about Toad and I figured, heck, might as well get it.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Right now iirc it's...

that artwork is fab tho
Spike? The generic enemy that makes spiky balls and spiky logs come out of his mouth and throws them? It is playable in Mario Party 10?

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Spike? The generic enemy that makes spiky balls and spiky logs come out of his mouth and throws them? It is playable in Mario Party 10?
I believe so. He has his own artwork, so he must be important, at least...

he is kinda cute tho

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I dread the thought that we might start seeing amiibos of generic Mario enemies like Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Koopa Paratroopa, Shy Guy, Boo, etc. after the Spike amiibo.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Ah Mario Party 10. Looks like crap. Stupid vehicle mechanic.
Personally, I feel as if that people shouldn't compare it to earlier games in the series; in my opinion, just because it's new doesn't mean it's bad. To me, it looks as if that they've put in a lot of work into all of the modes.

I dread the thought that we might start seeing amiibos of generic Mario enemies like Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Koopa Paratroopa, Shy Guy, Boo, etc. after the Spike amiibo.
Same. To be honest, Spike isn't even going to be used in anything else, so he'll probably be one of the (alot) amiibo that I don't get.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Me too...but mostly because I said I wanted to try and get a full Mario-verse set.

I've got Yoshi, Luigi, Peach, Mario, DK and Bowser so far with Toad, Diddy and Wario on the way. Rosalina is proving to be a problem, but Mario Party amiibo gives me a second chance, and there's still Bowser Jr and at least Toadette, Waluigi and Daisy to grab as well. Yipes.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
yes it does seem like itd be tad excessive (though id get the shy guy one straight away)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
To all the "no jump naysayers," I counter that Captain Toad could play just like Bowser Jr. with a turnip-filled minecart in place of the Koopa Clown Car. The moveset practically writes itself!

I want this so bad as Captain Toad's Victory Theme...

I was contemplating a simple remix of Captain Toad's theme, but I love that idea! :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom