• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Pichu Return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario15

Smash Cadet
NNID
kylemshipley
3DS FC
3351-4555-2812
Yes, Pichu is the lightest character in melee. Yes, Pichu has weak attacks. Yes, Pichu hurts itself when it uses elecrical attacks, and yes, Pichu is just a weaker clone character of Pikachu, giving you no reason to use Pichu over Pikachu. All that being said, does anyone want this little guy back as DLC?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Why? You just gave us every reason not to want him back.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Once a Smash Bro., always a Smash Bro. Bring him back. :shades:

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Why not? If a nobody like Roy can come back, why the pre-evolution of the Pokémon franchise's mascot shouldn't? Pichu isn't a top priority for me, but I don't see why she shouldn't come back.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Ganon, Roy, and Falco (And Dr. Mario to a lesser extent) all got decloned. Why not Pichu?

k-ta

Smash Cadet
NNID
shadowkyo
3DS FC
5284-1414-9946
I want him back and I want him to be disgustingly broken, making even Brawl Meta Knight cower in fear.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'd like to see Pichu back as well. I'd like for his electrical attacks to increase in hitbox size and killing power as Pichu takes more damage, which he can inflict on himself safely without intentionally getting hit to become stronger, eventually where his attacks become disjointed.

Edit: Essentially being able to out-Lucario Lucario

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Eh, why not? I want more playable Pokemon in Smash. They are pretty fun to play.

:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4mewtwo::squirtle::ivysaur::pichumelee: plus some more newcomers.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Eh, why not? I want more playable Pokemon in Smash. They are pretty fun to play.

:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4mewtwo::squirtle::ivysaur::pichumelee: plus some more newcomers.
Take all them, and add Sceptile for a 10 'mon lineup.

I would definitely not mind this even if "MUH REPS!?!" besides, Pokemon has by and large the most character potential than any Nintendo IP. Hence why it usually rivals Mario in number of fighters.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Take all them, and add Sceptile for a 10 'mon lineup.
I would definitely not mind this even if "MUH REPS!?!" besides, Pokemon has by and large the most character potential than any Nintendo IP. Hence why it usually rivals Mario in number of fighters.
Can't say I see the appeal of Sceptile but Pichu is Pikachu's cleverer cousin, with the recoil damage of his moves forcing the player to be smart about when they use them, always thinking stuff like "So if I use my spark attack, my opponent will dodge it, does the chance I can punish outweigh the damage I take in this particular instant?"
Sure, Melee Pichu was bad but so was Melee Roy. With a few tweaks he could be a decent character and he wouldn't have to sacrifice his unique tactical nature to do it.

On a different note, Honedge please.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Absolutely not. We already have enough Pokemon as it is, and I really do not want them to waste any more time with clones.

PF9

Smash Lord
Absolutely not. We already have enough Pokemon as it is, and I really do not want them to waste any more time with clones.
Do note that even without the Kongs, Wario, and Yoshi, there are actually more Mario characters than Pokemon characters. So, adding more Pokemon should not be a problem.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Not to backseat mod, but there is already a Pichu thread.

...Probably maybe should have posted this there.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Do note that even without the Kongs, Wario, and Yoshi, there are actually more Mario characters than Pokemon characters. So, adding more Pokemon should not be a problem.
I understand, I'm also strongly against more Mario characters as well, so really I do not want any more of either. I have nothing against either series, heck, I buy handhelds specifically for Pokemon installments, I just would rather have more variety.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
I'm all for more pokemon, but IF we were to get another Pokemon, Pichu would be an absolute waste though.
I'd even take Magicarp over PIchu honestly.

...please don't open up a Magicarp support thread.

edit:
Not to backseat mod, but there is already a Pichu thread.

...Probably maybe should have posted this there.
Oops, almost forgot.
Please take this to the Pichu support thread.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Please use the already existing Pichu thread for stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom