• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shield Pushback doesnt match melee sometimes

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
The majority of the time, the pushback you receive in shield from an attack seems to be back to the melee pushback, in other words, characters dont really slide as much. Sometimes, however, it seems that the brawl pushback kicks as well. Attacks like pikachus upsmash and marios dsmash seem to push me back abnormally far. I havent seen anyone really talk about this, and its not in the known issues list, so im not sure if this is something that is being worked on or not.

Kati

Smash Lord
I noticed it as well, but I sold my copy of melee, so I haven't had the chance to go back and test. But yeah, sometimes shield push back is pretty big in PM, the question is whether melee ever has such distances covered.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I've noticed this on some of smash atks as well. I just assumed it was normal, lol.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
I don't think it is normal. I've been meaning to go in and test it in melee but I'm almost 100 percent positive it doesn't match up. It's just very inconsistent how some smash attacks keep you so close and others push back so far that there's absolutely no hope for punishment. I'm not sure if it's related to the fact that attacking shields can push the attacker backwards or not, but atm that's probably the biggest mechanic that screws me up a lot

Top Bottom