• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sheik's teleport to the edge

Razor

Smash Journeyman
how do you do the teleport to the edge with sheik when you're still standing on the ground? You guys know what i'm talking about..right? If i try to do it i'm always facing the wrong direction. Any tips?

±wì§+ë®

Smash Journeyman
Try running to the edge, and the exact moment you reach the edge, teleport off by directing your teleport with your up-b. Look at a couple of vids and just angle the control stick the way you want to teleport to.

Declan

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if you can do it while standing on the ground. What works though is running off of the edge and using your teleport jump at the exact moment you go off of the edge. Then angle the teleport so that you move towards the stage and you should be grabbing the edge. This is actually something I need to practice myself because if you can get it right then it is a safe way to grab the edge quickly (besides WDing backwards off the edge of course). Try practicing that in training mode.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
yeah like they said up-b when ur just barely going off the edge. you'll know when it works cause the first puff will come a bit off the stage near the edge, and then all you have to do is hold toward the stage.

Sick_ShEiK$$$

Smash Cadet
what i do is run towards the edge...when you get to the point when your balancing (but you cant see it)
and vanish.
wait about a half of a second after the first vanish then move the joystick towards the ledge and you should grab onto it
its a fast method of edgehogging besides wavedashing
and Alot more safer than WD off the ledge and risking a SD.
but wavedashing is faster and better to me =]

Banksya

Smash Ace
its really just for looks, there are other easier safer ways. but if you get it downperfect then you can use it to look cool.

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
i have actually found this to be a very useful move. it gets you on the edge very quickly, and has the potential of hitting the opponent. of course wavedashing off the edge or short hoping is safer. but i like to look cool, so i try to use it :laugh:

Banksya

Smash Ace
yea I learned it, and I use it every so often because it does look cool, and a lot of noobs can't do it lmao

Top Bottom