• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik edge guard and safe stage entering

Whisperer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Refuseful
3DS FC
4527-8640-3489

This video briefly explains 3 similar moves off stage to either get back onto stage in a safe manor or to possibly edge guard and kill.

Part 1: This part is showing how if you use Down-b (Down special) with sheik you can get onto stage in a flashy manor and be able to move around freely, also able to attack

Part 2: This part is showing a way to get onto stage safely if your opponent is edge guarding heavily, as bouncing fish has big knock back, they will be shot to the other end of the stage hopefully enough time to charge needles or prepare a combo.

Part 3: This part shows a rather creative Sheik move. I found out that if you use her down-b near the bottom of an Omega stage (only tested it on this map) you can bounce off and into the air, still not of completed the move. once in the air you can press b again, this now activated the damage part of Sheiks move. This can kill people for the knock back or be a unusual edge guard from a low percent.

Express your opinions on this for its viability in matches

Last edited:

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I'm just gonna leave this here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN_BjZWUxu0

Also, I believe that using BF to attack stage from the ledge is only good as a very rare mix up. Mainly because it is so easily punished. Also, using BF to land w/o attacking still has landing lag. A simple get up from the ledge is more effective.

That being said, you can use BF to land on one of the side plat forms on battle field. If you time it right the attack animation will finish and you will slide off of the platform with no lag.
The easiest way to perform this is an actual ledge jump> BF.

Whisperer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Refuseful
3DS FC
4527-8640-3489
Ah, thanks for this video, it looks interesting and has introduced more tips from my video. I didn't actually notice this was out until now thanks.

Top Bottom