• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Battle...three rounds..please rate my sheik

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
you guys are ok. you seem to know all the techniques, like wave dash , L cancle. you even knew how to edge teleport with shiek. the only thing it seems like you two arent used to the characters, judging from how you guys would like space out after doing a wave dash, as if you werent sure it was gonna work. i think alittle more experience will take care of that problem, othewise just work on your mind games, cuz i didnt see any of that the whole match. check some of my vids out. im syk0 on smash boards. i play a shiek all the time whos really good maybe you guys can learn somn from him.

justice

Smash Ace
you guys are ok. you seem to know all the techniques, like wave dash , L cancle. you even knew how to edge teleport with shiek. the only thing it seems like you two arent used to the characters, judging from how you guys would like space out after doing a wave dash, as if you werent sure it was gonna work. i think alittle more experience will take care of that problem, othewise just work on your mind games, cuz i didnt see any of that the whole match. check some of my vids out. im syk0 on smash boards. i play a shiek all the time whos really good maybe you guys can learn somn from him.
The best mindgames are the ones you can't see?

Well I agree with him. You seem to know all of Sheik techinques. But sometimes you space far away. Allowing you opponent to charge up needles and etc.

shiekfreak

Smash Journeyman
you guys are pritty good, a little bit more of technique and experience should be good for you gius, but either way I would like to see you guys play someone else besides a shiek, I main shiek you guys can check my vids out on youtube, type rawguy and or r4wguy, you guys could see some of the stuff that i do and might help you guys out. Doing Ditto vs another shiek is annoying >.< but anyway keep up the good work guys.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
I started to watch the first video and within the first stock I saw three FTilts tha weren't followed up by anything but standing there, one of them which was right at the edge and if you would have SH Faired the Sheik would have been dead. F-Tilt=Combo Central for Sheik, learn how to use it then post more vids. Also Dthrow chaingrab sometimes isn't the best thing to do especially if you can't even hit it consistantly, just Dthrow-FTilt-Fair, or another aerial depending on the percent, but usually Fair is the best bet.

Also, Syk0, telling them to work on mindgames because you don't see any is the worst help you could offer anyone. Mindgames aren't something that you can just sit down with your friend and decide to work on like tech skill. No one can just sit there and watch the video and tell where the mindgames are (unless they are quite blatent), because no one is telepathic and you can't tell what they were thinking in each given situation.

justice

Smash Ace
Also tips that I learned from others player is too learn how to use all your different moves in many different possible ways. I know it might seem crazy, but this is what makes alot of good players.

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
well, thats obvious, readysetgo, thats why i said "alittle more experience should take care of that problem" i think mind games can be exorcised, especially, in a game where you follow rules, and smash has rules, so dont tell me anything about being telepathic. there are rules, like when a character is tossed to the side, lets say by marth, the character being tossed is either going to tech roll to the left, to the right, or hes going to remain in one spot. now if i , marth in this case, am aware and experience with these rules, i am going to make a wise decision to go right, left, or just stand there, based on my opponents most tended reaction, knowledge which is aquired through experience, and that, my friend, is called predicting not being telepathic, so like i said guys, "work on your mind games". yes, its very much possible.

and what justice said, about the best mind games are the ones you can't see. i aggree with that but, are you implying that, in these vids, you saw such a thing?

come on guys all im saying is that these guys need more experience. whats wrong with that?

Lunytunes4.4

Smash Journeyman
well nara ur sheik is ight real ight mine might be better or might not proably not cuz i havent shown any vid of myself. heh any way the problem was vercetty was catching u in alot of mindgames that u just got stuck, but u seemed to got shiek,s edge guard intact and u didnt really throw sum needles at the fool if u like to space ur self between each other with the wavedash u should space then throw ur needles. if u like to keep away from ur enemy keep ur projectile ready oh an ur short hop needs work so does mine lol

shiekfreak

Smash Journeyman
@ ReadySetGo , I agree with Syk0 you could work on your mind games, able to read your opponnent doesnt mean your telepathic, its just you predicting his move or your mind games will make him follow the steps you want him to make. Syk0 did mention that witha little bit of experience they should get over minor stuff, was that so wrong about that?

anyway just keep up the good work shieks, work on the little stuff, keep on watching vids of other shieks and what they do and try to do some follow ups after each tilts.

Lunytunes4.4

Smash Journeyman
:) i know wat shiekfreak and Syk0 r talking about proably if u fell into the same mind game over and over u might be able to predict it out more and see wat hes trying to put u in and counter it with a mindgame within a mindgame or just know wen to hit em

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
yeah your right lunytunes4.4. thats exactly what im saying.

Top Bottom