• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Set Your Goals for Global Smash Power!

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
13 to match my username.
Trust me, it's more of a challenge than you might think.

D

Deleted member 245254

Well I need to know how much you earn per match, but for now my goal is 9,000
You don't earn any per match.

GSP is earned completely separate from For Glory Online mode. It's only earned via 1p modes.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
It's how many people you are better than, right? Depends a lot on For Glory meta then. It's hard to say, but characters like Marth in Melee have always been a bit more consistently good on Final Destination. I think it's less about a goal you can make for yourself if you decide not to play those characters.

If my future main (deciding between Zard, Greninja, and Rosalina) is any good on Final Destination specifically, I'll try to get a higher one, but I otherwise won't care.

After speaking with Mew2King this weekend, I've become pretty convinced that people who want to main characters like Mega Man or Villager will have an extremely difficult time getting that score up.

D

Deleted member 245254

It's how many people you are better than, right? Depends a lot on For Glory meta then. It's hard to say, but characters like Marth in Melee have always been a bit more consistently good on Final Destination. I think it's less about a goal you can make for yourself if you decide not to play those characters.

If my future main (deciding between Zard, Greninja, and Rosalina) is any good on Final Destination specifically, I'll try to get a higher one, but I otherwise won't care.

After speaking with Mew2King this weekend, I've become pretty convinced that people who want to main characters like Mega Man or Villager will have an extremely difficult time getting that score up.
Did you miss it?

GSP has nothing to do with multiplayer. It's perfectly reasonable that people terrible in tournaments or competitive play in general can & will have high GSP.

It doesn't depend on the For Glory meta at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Did you miss it?

GSP has nothing to do with multiplayer. It's perfectly reasonable that people terrible in tournaments or competitive play in general can & will have high GSP.

It doesn't depend on the For Glory meta at all.
Ah, sorry.

Anyway, do you think there will be a cap of things you can do to boost this score? If it's just single player stuff, I imagine that most people will eventually do all the things available to them.

D

Deleted member 245254

Ah, sorry.

Anyway, do you think there will be a cap of things you can do to boost this score? If it's just single player stuff, I imagine that most people will eventually do all the things available to them.
I'm pondering the same type of things but we have world records for many things in Brawl and Melee, and I think GSP is really just the most outright way to see who, overall, has better records.

Person A has 20 yard record on Marth in Homerun Bag mode, person B has 19, therefore person A has more GSP. Extrapolate that in to an average from all of their character records, and then like-wise for all the other activities like multi-man brawl, classic and all-star modes, etc...and we have GSP.

That being said I think skill varies widely enough that it will be likely nobody will hit a cap, they'll probably not even set a cap since you just never know what records some people are capable of magic-ing out of some characters in some modes.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
well millions will buy this sooo.......er......250 001!!!! so I can be "better" than 250 000 people!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Seriously, I'd like to see a thread started when SSB4 is released that keeps track of your GSP. That or a number that appears below your profile.

D

Deleted member 245254

There's no reasonable statistic to consider aiming for because we have no clue how it even scales up per single player achievement.

We have no way of knowing what a "good" GSP is, and even once the game releases, knowing how many people you've surpassed still doesn't tell you how many remain above you...and thus you still won't know unless you find someone who has a much higher GSP than you to compare to.

I'm sure smash boards will start a thread for documenting the highest GSP (requiring proof somehow) but as of now there's pretty much no way to accurately answer this thread topic.

Also, getting zero will likely be relatively easy. Just delete all your record data, which has been an option in all previous Smash games.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
For those who want to not be the last, it's simple: beat classic one time (seriously I'm sure that a lot of people will just not play the game or not play solo at all).

I say 55555 (5 times the number 5). Why? BECAUSE I LIKE THIS NUMBER!!! (also the reason why it's in my username).

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I wanna beat 100,000. If that ends up being easy, I'll set a new goal. =P

Riposte__

Smash Apprentice
No one else has their goal being the best of the best but me. Why pick a generic number when you can say you want to be the best?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I just want to point out that one person will be have 0, meaning that there are better than no people.
Also, someone will have 1, meaning they are better than 1 person.

As for me.....

D

Deleted member 245254

No one else has their goal being the best of the best but me. Why pick a generic number when you can say you want to be the best?
Because there's no actual way to tell that with GSP? I'm just taking a shot in the dark...

And GSP only compares your virtual Smash worth in single player modes (IE vs lvl9 CPUs max, home run bags, targets, etc), which certainly does not make you the "best".

SciCore

Filthy Casual
I want to get at least 250K. if that ends up being easy, I may try for 1 million, cause why not

Riposte__

Smash Apprentice
I don't think any one but me knows how GSP works. Your GSP isn't the accumulated points from single player, it's how many people your score beats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA6dM4XgsAo

Skip to :55 and he clearly says "And the player can say 'my score is better then 300,312 other people' " Which is clearly the number that flashes over his head. This means that the number you can achieve depends on how many people participates in playing, and it will mosl likely be just the people who play X amount of For Glory which will be just a portion of the people buy the game.

D

Deleted member 245254

I don't think any one but me knows how GSP works. Your GSP isn't the accumulated points from single player, it's how many people your score beats.

Skip to :55 and he clearly says "And the player can say 'my score is better then 300,312 other people' " Which is clearly the number that flashes over his head. This means that the number you can achieve depends on how many people participates in playing, and it will mosl likely be just the people who play X amount of For Glory which will be just a portion of the people buy the game.
Yes, only you understand. *rolleyes you clearly don't.

GSP is only accumulated by your performance in single player modes. It will have no bearing on online modes/multiplayer.

The only thing you'll be able to say you're better at than others is single player modes.

Congratulations.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST. Seriously though, as long as I am not in the "bottom tier" in Smash Global Power, it will be fine. I am not a competitive player, so I would never be able to be on the top positions. NEVER.

Riposte__

Smash Apprentice
Yes, only you understand. *rolleyes you clearly don't.

GSP is only accumulated by your performance in single player modes. It will have no bearing on online modes/multiplayer.

The only thing you'll be able to say you're better at than others is single player modes.

Congratulations.
:12 "A simple matching system that shows where you rank will be to broad and not much fun. So we are not going to do ranking for online battles."
:43 "...This is an entirely new type of ranking system"
1:44 "There will be matching making based on skill level"

The clever smashers out there (the ones that know how important L-Canceling is) at this point point figured out that GSP is most likely going to be your online ELO for ranking. Frankly ELO is really crappy for anything outside of chess anyway so this is a welcome change. Namco are far smarter the then idiots who ruined Mechwarrior online (worse then Mechassault.) [PGI sucks. The betrayal is real.]

Top Bottom