• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West {Sept 19, 2015} WiiU Custom moves allowed (Hayward, California) Cash prize

kafurie

Smash Rookie
700 alquire Parkway. Hayward, Ca. 94544
from 10am to 10pm. on September 19th. for all ages

Tournament Rules
- bring your own controller
- 2 man stock
- custom moves allowed
- best of 3 rounds
- Loser of round can change character
-Coin toss for first person to choose stage, loser chooses next stage, but winner can choose to ban a stage as well

5$ entry fee

Prizes
-TBA, it'll be worth your wile, last time first place got around 60$ and second got an amiibo

the neutral stages are:

-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Delano Plaza
-Skyloft
-Lylat cruise
-Castle seige
-Town and City
-Smashville
-Boxing Ring
-Dream Land 64
-Miiverse
-Suzaku Castle
-Anything Omega

Also any stage that is not on this list, but both parties want to fight on is also acceptable, but both parties must accept

I'll be setting up about 9 till 10. 1145 is when the tournament will kick off. I've been advising 10 so that you can make any customizations you may need. Maybe test the waters with other players before it officially starts

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Attending with a friend~
Are you going to continue this bi-weekly? (every other week)

Last edited:

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
We would do this bi weekly if enough people come. I have to rent a room every time, and i don't make my money back on these really....

On a plus side, what should the other prizes be? any suggestions?

Bleh13R

Smash Rookie
You can always just got 60/30/10 for the prize. It'd be easier than having cash for 1st, amiibo or cash for 2nd, and whatever 2nd didn't pick for 3rd. If you do want to do some sort of non-cash prize, I think an amiibo would be fine. The only other idea I have would be some sort of gift card, but I feel like a pot bonus would be better.

Also, if you want to make this a biweekly, you can always just increase the venue fee. Just ask people if they'd be okay with future events being a little bit more expensive during this upcoming one. Roughly how many people were you hoping for in order to make it a biweekly? I think last time there were a little less than 20 people, if not 20, participating.

kafurie

Smash Rookie
I'll be going. Do we just sign up there?
no need to sign up now, just show up, we do sign in's the same time you pay to enter the tournament .

Would it be cool if we brought our wii to play PM and melee
yea i guess, but we had melee last time and it was vary rarely played i think only one guy really played it and it was on single player, most people just played smash4 freeplay

Hey me and some of my cousins might be going. Is it in a house or like a small venue
its a small venue its just up the hill on alquire, we'll have a sign up there too.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Scrublord - this will be at a club house, which is part of the condo community I live in, soooooo yes on both? As for the wii yes PLEEEASE!

Bleh13r - it's funny that you brought up the 60/30/10, as that is what I did last time, and the 10 went to paying for the rental fee, but since only 23 other people came, and I made the entry only 5$ it was more like my crew's lunch money for the day. (which was still really cool)

Midknight - yes, just bring 5$ and your controller...... maybe some food or money to get food, as there are several shops just a 5 minute walk down.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
So there seems to be a lot of people asking if this will become biweekly. I personally like monthly, but have no problem with biweekly. I just fear of burnout on what is already a semi-small group. What do you think is an appropriate frequency for a humble east bay tournament, and what would be an appropriate fee? I know we're the hosts, but we have to please the people too!

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
yea i guess, but we had melee last time and it was vary rarely played i think only one guy really played it and it was on single player, most people just played smash4 freeplay

It was mainly not played because we don't have the save data, or many characters...... but it was definately played.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Keep it monthly, it'll be better like that unless more people start arriving.
Might I ask how many people showed up the first tourney?

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Thank you to everybody who is saying that they will attend. last time NO one said they were coming, and I had to make many assumptions.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Yeah, that can be kind of rough. Happy to see a tourney starting in our tri-city area!

The Sacred Stoner

Smash Rookie
NNID
Alan217
I'll probably swing by if my cold goes down by then. I'm a first timer, hope y'all don't mind.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
I'll probably swing by if my cold goes down by then. I'm a first timer, hope y'all don't mind.
Why would I mind?! Of course you're welcome to stop by. To be honest, I kind of made these to get better myself. I don't intend to win at these....

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Ok so an update. The prizes are a $35 nintendo eshop gift card, Olimar amiibo (it's hard to find in this area, so I hope it's a good prize choice), and of course cash prize generated by your admission.

Anyone else feeling the hype yet?

Midknight

Smash Rookie
Me and my friend are going together but we may be like 15-20 minutes late. When do the actual matches start?

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
?: Can I bring two friends just to spectate? Me and a friend will be playing, but two of my friends would like to go to spectate purely. They won't cause havoc or anything, they'll be my responsibility. :p

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
?: Can I bring two friends just to spectate? Me and a friend will be playing, but two of my friends would like to go to spectate purely. They won't cause havoc or anything, they'll be my responsibility. :p
Of course, The more the merrier

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Could anybody please bring their tv and system? I had a friend bringing his, but I don't think he'll be able to bring his now.....

skrublord5102

Smash Rookie
Could anybody please bring their tv and system? I had a friend bringing his, but I don't think he'll be able to bring his now.....
yo this is skrublord510 just forgot my password anyways what kind of tv flat or crt and just the wiiu or with all the stuff

and how long you think this will be

Last edited:

Bleh13R

Smash Rookie
I think the length will depend on how many setups and people show up. Last time it ran from about 11 AM - 5 or 6 PM with a lunch break in the middle. This was done with 24 people and 2 machines dedicated to playing tourney matches. There was an extra wii u for free play and a wii with melee for free play as well i believe.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
yo this is skrublord510 just forgot my password anyways what kind of tv flat or crt and just the wiiu or with all the stuff

and how long you think this will be

So I helped a friend out today and got to borrow his tv, while another friend is bringing their wiiu and game. Any other tv / system set up would be appreciated as we only have one extra tv for free play, and the tv can't play the wiiu (it's a CRT). Bringing a system tv set up will get your fee waived still.

As for time, as Bleh said, in total about 5 hours, that's beginning to end with a lunch in the middle. But that was last time

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
I am tired from setting up for tomorrow, I am getting some much needed sleep before more setting up for tomorrow.

There will be a couple of yellow signs this time to show where to go, but they will be close to the event anyways.... so yeah.
If anyone has questions call me. My number is 510-259-8465. Good luck and see you there!

skrublord510

Smash Cadet
I am tired from setting up for tomorrow, I am getting some much needed sleep before more setting up for tomorrow.

There will be a couple of yellow signs this time to show where to go, but they will be close to the event anyways.... so yeah.
If anyone has questions call me. My number is 510-259-8465. Good luck and see you there!
Yo gamecube controllers right

ImmortalFox408

Smash Rookie
Is it okay if I'm late we are stuck in traffic? This is my first time and I just want to be able to play.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Yo I was Alan if anyone cares.
Haha I wouldn't have taken you to be the sacred stoner, But it's great you came. www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqV3D3zIaJU <- That just popped into my mind for some reason. Anyways, We will be doing this monthly it seems. Let's see what good comes out of it right!

It was fun. Good games. :)
It was great fun! let's keep the Hype going, because the more people, the better we get.....and the better the prizes.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Did anyone lose anything? There were a couple things left behind like cloths and such.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
I will be uploading some vids today. Sorry it took so long but between life and new editing software it takes a minute. I will upload the url's here later

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Sorry for all the radio silence, but the next tournament will be Saturday 10-24-15, The week before Halloween!

My Co-Host will be uploading the official page soon

Top Bottom