• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Sep 12, 2015] SSB4 Local Tournament (Campbellsville, KY)

Judas Furri

Smash Apprentice
Hello! First off, let me thank you for stopping by and checking out this event! A few things before we get into the usual details!

1.) This is a local event, not online, so please keep that in mind if you are interested.
2.) This is a SSB4 tourney only! Both wii u and 3ds versions are played, so please do not ask to include any other versions. The venue is not HUGE but once we get going I will most definitely add other Smash titles.
3.) I may end up dropping 3DS version tourneys depending on the showing. Be prepared to NOT have the 3DS version played!

Ok now for the good stuff!

ENTRY:

SSB4 Wii-U: $2.00 entry fee
SSB4 3DS: $2.00 entry fee
SSB4 Wii-U Doubles(debuts the 23rd): 2.00 per team mate

We currently have 1 setup for now. Please bring your own controller and 3DS/game cart! If you don't, there is a chance you may not be able to play!

I will add all the links to my social media below. This will include a sponsorship page to help fund the tournament in various ways, including raising prize payout.

PRIZES:
Currently prize layout is as follows:

1st place: Winner take all!

*This will be a pot style tourney, in which the prize amount depends on the amount of participants we have. A portion of every entry fee goes toward this pot. For example, an 8 man tourney for Wii-U would net a pot of 8 dollars as half the entry fees are split between me and the venue co-owners.*

*DISCLAIMER*
Neither I, nor Venture City Comics, are responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen property! You bring your own equipment at your own risk!
RULES:

WII-U Singles:

We will be following Apex rules for now, check out the link HERE for ruleset details. Download the PDF and hold onto it for reference and I would even print it out and bring it with you to avoid dispute.

Wii-U Doubles:

3 Stocks, 8 minutes (No items, Customs, etc.)

Mii's are usable, but no Mii's are to be uploaded. Instead you will need to create a new one with the 1-1-1-1 setup. Standard size and outfits only.

Starter stages: (TBA)
Counter-pick Stages: (TBA)

3DS:

2 stock 6mins(No items, customs, or equipment allowed)

Legal stages:

Starters: FD, BF, and Yoshi Island
Counter Picks: Prism tower, Arena Ferox

*Any stage can be played so long as both players can agree. T.O has final say in any matter. If there are any disputes contact the T.O. immediately so we can help resolve the matter swiftly and keep the progress of the tournament on track!*

*YOU MUST RSVP HERE, OR ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE, TO BE ACCPETED INTO THE BRACKET! AND PLEASE DO NOT RSVP ON BOTH :) *

SOCIAL MEDIA AND CONTACT INFO:

Venture City Comics:

Do you have an issue with the venue or want to compliment the services they provide? Contact Venture City Comics by phone or email!

Phone: (270)-465-6758 ask for Blake
Email: venturecitycomics@yahoo.com

Be aware that any derogatory comments will ban you permanently from future events!

Judas Furri:

Twitch: www.twitch.tv/judasfurri.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Judas_Twitch_TV
NNID: Judasfurri
Email: judasfurri@gmail.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SSB4campbellsvilleky
Sponsorship form: Wufoo

Thank you so much for stopping by, and make sure to RSVP! Otherwise I will not count your entry. The Venue needs to know EXACTLY how many participants we have!

If you have any questions please email me or message me here!

SEE YOU THERE!!!

WEEK 1 WINNERS:
Wii-U: Darius
3DS: Chris Matthews

WEEK 2 WINNERS:

Wii-U: Daedivh
3DS: Chris Matthews

Congratulations to both of you! Look forward to seeing you back next Saturday!!!

Last edited:

Judas Furri

Smash Apprentice
The 3DS ruleset is up and we will be hosting it! Sorry it took so long, but I wanted to find the most commonly used one! Thank you for your patience!

Daedivh

Smash Rookie
NNID
Daedivh
Gonna be coming from an hour and a half to two hours away. Should I go to the location displayed on this map or the one displayed on the Facebook page?

Judas Furri

Smash Apprentice
They are both the same place :) However, this tournament is not huge. I do this more for the getting together and playing 1v1's lol

Last edited:

Daedivh

Smash Rookie
NNID
Daedivh
This one shows the end point in front of the Detention Center for me and the other shows the end in front of Save-a-lot.

Judas Furri

Smash Apprentice
Is this still going?
I'm wondering the same thing.
Sorry guys, I mainly stay around my FB page. I'm sick this weekend but we have this every weekend, same time, same place. Entry fee is $2 per person. We are offering raffle tickets $.50/ea or 5 for $2. The raffle ends July 31st and the winner will be drawn August 1st for a $25 gift card to your choice of Gamestop, WalMart, TeeTurtle.com, or Venture City Comics.

Cheese Whitaker

Smash Rookie
Sorry guys, I mainly stay around my FB page. I'm sick this weekend but we have this every weekend, same time, same place. Entry fee is $2 per person. We are offering raffle tickets $.50/ea or 5 for $2. The raffle ends July 31st and the winner will be drawn August 1st for a $25 gift card to your choice of Gamestop, WalMart, TeeTurtle.com, or Venture City Comics.
Oh ok. Thanks for the reply!

Ohio86

Smash Cadet
Still going even on July 4th? Not sure of my plans yet. May try to go.

Judas Furri

Smash Apprentice
Still going even on July 4th? Not sure of my plans yet. May try to go.
We have one tomorrow, hopefully you can make it.
We hit a rough patch and had to cancel a few of them but we've been back on track.
We also offer MKX to play, it isn't set up as a tournament yet but we're working on it.

Top Bottom