• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 4, 2014] Smash@Schoolcraft 2 (Livonia, MI)

W.C.N

Smash Lord

DRDNS hosting another Brawl event at Schoolcraft College

This will be the first time hosting Smash 3ds (entrants fee will be prize pot)

Brawl Singles $5
Brawl Doubles $5 per person
Smash3ds Singles $5
Smash3ds Doubles $5 per person
Smash 3ds Newcomer only tournament

Schedule will be

11 am Doors Open
12 pm Registration Closes for doubles and singles
12:45 pm Brawl Singles Starts
Once we're in Quarter Finals Brawl Doubles will begin
After Both events are finished (Or Brawl Doubles is in Top 3) Smash3ds singles will begin
Then Smash3ds Doubles will begin
The Newcomer Only Tournament is Smash3ds with only newcomer characters legal
After that we will have friendlies until 10 PM and take a trip to Buffalo Wild Wings

Stage list is....
Battlefield
Final destination
Jungle japes
Frigate
Yoshis island
Halberd
Pokemon stadium 2
Castle seige
Smashville
Pokemon stadium 1
Pictochat

When you go to play game 1 the stage striking order is
Team(Player);
Leaving 1 stage to start on

each team(or player) will get 2 stage bans after a win with a max of 2 stage bans for best of 5 sets (WF,LF,GF)

The timer will be set at 5 minutes with 3 stocks.
Food,assist trophies,pokeballs, smash balls and dragoon pieces will be on with occurance set to none

SMASH 4 Singles & Doubles
2/3
Double elimination
2 stocks 6 minutes
Stages are BF, YI, FDs starters and Prism tower is only CP

Conduct:
1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller 3ds and charger and be prepared for every tournament set.
2. Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (Such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks.
3. Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
4. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
6. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
10. Regarding textures and other game hacks:
* Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
* I recommend players do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.
* Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.
11. Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player's ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organizer sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.

•These rules are subject to change leading up to the event date. The Tournament Organizer reserves the right to remove you from the venue at his discretion for any reason.

•The Tournament Organizer and his assistants, and any persons helping run the event may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event. Nor will the Tournament Organizer, the venue, its owners, affiliates, employees, members, sponsors, or volunteers be held liable or responsible for any injury or harm that may befall a person during the course of this event. By entering the venue during the posted date you are displaying your agreement with this policy.

Collusion Notice:

Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered cheating. If the Tournament Director determines that any competitor is colluding to manipulate the results or intentionally underperforming, the collaborating players may be immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.

Important Links:
Smashboards
Facebook
Stream

Last edited:

W.C.N

Smash Lord
If I do go to a tourney this weekend it'll be Shuffle.

Probably won't even go to that tho.
I feel you but shuffle is on a different day now so I might as well host one for all the cool kids who come to MI

Plus It'll be fun

Last edited:

W.C.N

Smash Lord
By the way I'm thinking 11 stages for the stage list

Who can guess them?

stewyian

Smash Ace
hanenbow
new pork city
hyrule temple
pirate ship
75m
big blue
mushroomy kingdom
rumble falls
port town aero drive
wario ware
FD

W.C.N

Smash Lord
LOL only one of those stages is legal,

did i mention if you're first to get it right on your first try you would win free entry to the tourney?

also still love that signature make me lol

Last edited:

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Any more guesses on the stage list?

Only 1 week left until I reveal the actual list and the chance for free entry is gone

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Updated the ruleset

Let me know if you have any questions

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Zacks never shown interest in streaming my events or even going to them, and honestly if i thought there were going to be enoughpeople I would have had CORN stream

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Now for the bad news:

According to my schoolcrafdt representative Even though we booked this date over a month ago...they gave the venue to the anime club forcing us to have to reschedule

Planet God Venus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyugaVII
Now for the bad news:

According to my schoolcrafdt representative Even though we booked this date over a month ago...they gave the venue to the anime club forcing us to have to reschedule
To when? Btw it's Ryuga what's ur skype?

W.C.N

Smash Lord
This has been moved to this weekend, We will be with the FGC's Ranbats we will be running brawl and Smash 4 demo

Blade | Linus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vegetto_DJW
3DS FC
4355-9748-0308
I have a project M tournament this weekend. My controller sucks, do they have some there?

Blade | Linus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vegetto_DJW
3DS FC
4355-9748-0308
I'll try to go but most likely wll not be able to. The crew seemed really fun though. :/

W.C.N

Smash Lord
I'm running a little behind I'll adjust the start times about one hour so I want to same amount for Friendly's

Top Bottom