• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sep 20, 2014] Farmers Fight 2 - Project M [$50 Pot Bonus] (Bryan, TX)

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman

College Station Monthly
September 20, 2014
College Station, TX

Hosted by: G-Rabbit
< Schedule >
Venue opens at 10:00 AM! If bringing a setup, please be present by 11:00 AM. I have all the study rooms reserved in the main office building. Take the Computer Lab entrance (across from Apartment 1). The key code is 8469.
Tournament Schedule

***Registration for each event will end 20 minutes prior to the event***
12:00PM| PM Doubles Doubles begins
3:00PM| PM Singles begin
Important: Free Pizza Lunch Break shortly after the first round of Singles Bracket!!!

6:00PM| Side events begin (feat. Random Singles, ACNL, and Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion)
9:00PM| ATX vs CStat Crew Battle (Round 2)

• Registration for all events and venue fee collection will start at 11:00 AM and end 20 minutes prior to each respective event.
  • Exact change is appreciated, but not necessary. Helps keep payout pools separate without too much hassle.
  • Full setups must arrive before 11:00 AM in order to qualify for the $5 venue fee refund.
< Entry Info >
Venue Fee: $5 per person (waived for a full setup)
Project M Singles: $10 per person
Project M Doubles: $10 per team
Random Singles Side Event: $1 per person
CNPTX: Free
ACNL: Free

The tournament is open to anyone and everyone! Just show up to the venue on the day of the tournament and bring the following.
What to Bring:
1. Enough cash for the events you wish to enter (see the prices above)
2. Your own controller (GameCube controller)

If you bring a full setup, we will refund your $5 venue fee (must be there by 11:00 AM for the refund).
A full Project M setup is a CRT TV, Wii, Brawl disc, and SD card with PM v3.02 AND the Farmers Fight common5.pac (found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/is90yzu5867qepy/common5.pac ).

Prizes for each individual event are distributed from the money pot as follows:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

< Rules >
Project M Ruleset:
  • 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
  • Items OFF and set to NONE
  • Buffer OFF
  • All sets are best of 3, except finals which are best of 5
  • Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
  • If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
  • You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
  • Gigabowser is Banned.
Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion ("121" in Doubles):
  1. First player strikes one stage.
  2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
  3. First player strikes the next two stages.
  4. Second player strikes one stage.
  5. Players play on remaining stage
Starters
  • Battlefield
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Dreamland
  • Fountain of Dreams (Singles Starter / Doubles Counterpick)
  • Yoshi's Story (Singles Starter / Doubles Counterpick)
Counterpicks
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Warioware
  • Greenhill Zone
  • Skyworld
  • Dracula's Castle
  • Distant Planet
After each match:
  1. Winner announces THREE stage bans, these bans lasts for 1 round.
  2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
  3. Winner chooses their character
  4. Loser chooses their character
Additional Rules:
  • Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.
  • Neutral Spawn Points: Players may elect to use neutral spawn points to decide controller ports for the first match in case of any disputes.
  • Sudden Death: If a match ends with both players dying at the exact same time resulting in Sudden Death, a 1-stock, 3:00 minute rematch will be played out on the same stage.
  • Glitches: Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Performance altering controller modifications(Turbo/Macro buttons) are not allowed.
Doubles-Specific Rules:
  • Life stealing is allowed
  • Friendly Fire is turned ON
Code of Conduct:
  • All ejections or disqualifications due to violations of the Code of Conduct or individual game rules will be without refund.
  • No alcohol or illegal substances inside the venue. Getting caught with these items or evidence of the presence of these items will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
  • No fighting or weaponry inside the venue. Throwing controllers or acting in a way that could pose a danger to other players will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
  • No refusal to play on certain TVs or setups will be tolerated barring extreme circumstances. All players agree to have their matches recorded if requested by the TO.
  • Be on time to your match. You have 5 minutes from when it's called to be at your station or you forfeit the first game. If you are 10 minutes late you forfeit the match and are either out or in losers.

If you have any questions, need housing, or need help finding the venue, please call me at (979) 758-2174 or reply on this thread.

Last edited:

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Additional Resources and Updates

Vote for what PM side event you want on the Facebook event!
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/331182863704447/?context=create&source=77
common5 Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/is90yzu5867qepy/common5.pac
Key Code: 8469
  • Random Singles added to side events (see post #9)
  • Whoever wins first place in PM singles will have the opportunity to face me in a best of 5 set for an additional $50 pot bonus (see post #15)
  • ATX vs CStat Crew Battle added to the schedule and ACNL "Bug-off" added as a side event (see post #23)
  • Day Before Reminders (see post #28)

Last edited:

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
So I'm guessing this is no longer a monthly lol. I'll try and make it out. Depends on what's happening with school.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
So I'm guessing this is no longer a monthly lol. I'll try and make it out. Depends on what's happening with school.
The end of July has a bunch of military commitments for me and doing it in the second half of August is unwise in a college town. The football schedule also came into play when selecting the dates.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
for doubles: ban YS and make Skyloft a counterpick? :D
Nope. It could be the Melee in me, but I'm perfectly fine with YS as a counterpick. I know people complain about the size, but it's a valid option for teams with a hard hitting character. Maybe later I'll consider editing the stage list, but I really like the one made popular by SKTAR3.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
The official Project M side event will be Random Singles.

< Rules >
  • $1 Entry Fee
  • Single Elimination
  • Winner take-all payout
  • Every set is Best of 3
  • All stages turned "On" from random select
  • Players must select "Random" at character select
  • Game 1 is played on a random stage
  • Loser gets to counterpick any stage (No bans)

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
The official Project M side event will be Random Singles.

< Rules >
  • $1 Entry Fee
  • Single Elimination
  • Winner take-all payout
  • Every set is Best of 3
  • All stages turned "On" from random select
  • Players must select "Random" at character select
  • Game 1 is played on a random stage
  • Loser gets to counterpick any stage (No bans)
Man, I had an 80 cent money match with a guy that was almost identical, except we only played on rainbow cruise

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
So we have to use the FF logo and stuff to count as full setup? I'm wondering how strict that rule is
Yes. The SSS will make the tourney run much more efficiently for those who don't know the stagelist. It's only for one day, and it's an easy process to switch in and out.

fmblz

Smash Rookie
Yes. The SSS will make the tourney run much more efficiently for those who don't know the stagelist. It's only for one day, and it's an easy process to switch in and out.
Right, I guess I should've said I was asking because the ATX has the same color coded and labeled SSS. That's what I meant about the logo. Either way, you're right, it's definitely a quick fix

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
New development!

Since I won't be entering the singles bracket to ensure the tournament runs smoothly, but still want to have a little bit of action,
whoever wins first place in PM singles will have the opportunity to face me in a best of 5 set for an additional $50 pot bonus. Think of it as a $50 MM with nothing to lose.

Last edited:

skillz457

Smash Rookie
Just asking man I'm a marine myself and it's cool to meet military gamers who are good at super smash bro hopefully I get to see your skills soon lol

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
CREW BATTLE!!!
A few months ago when College Station went to an Austin weekly for the first time we decided to have a 6v6 crew battle. The College Station crew fought valiantly despite missing most of our top players, but ultimately lost by 3 stocks. But this time the ATX crew is coming to our turf! Will they be able to hold the crown and go up 2-0, or will the CStat crew find retribution in ATX's loss and balance the scales at 1-1? Please come and find out. It will be hype!

Also, since the day of this tournament falls on the same day as a bug-off in ACNL (the assistant TO's favorite game) a prize will be awarded to whoever can catch the best bug and present it to her before the crew battle starts. More information will follow soon.

ThaJakester

Valatunda! Valatunda!
NNID
ThaJakester
Duuuuuude. G-Rabbit! The opening post was so beautifully done and well written<3

I can't make it out to this :( But I'll be darn sure to make sure that my College Station friends go!!!

Last edited:

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
IMPORTANT DAY BEFORE REMINDERS
  • BRING EXACT CHANGE IF YOU CAN!!!
  • Setups need to be at the venue by 11:00 AM AND have to have the Farmers Fight common5.pac to qualify for the $5 venue fee refund. Found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/is90yzu5867qepy/common5.pac
  • Parking: Try to park in a yellow "visitors" spot if you can, if not then spaces in the front will be fine for the day.
  • The entrance is on the right side of the main building. There will be a sign that says "Reserved All Day for Private Event" on the door. The code to get in is 8469.
  • Registration for each event will end 20 minutes prior to the event.
  • FREE PIZZA around 4:00 PM, shortly after the first round of Singles.
  • If we reach 64 entrants payouts will increase to Top 5:
    1st: 45%
    2nd: 20%
    3rd: 15%
    4th: 10%
    5th: 5% each

Last edited:
Top Bottom