• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sent from Swapnote, Nikki for Smash Wii U and 3DS! Now With Arguments!

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Thanks to BluePikmin11 for the name!

ABOUT
Nikki is the Mii that is in the Swapnote app on 3DS. She gives you tips and rewards every once in a while. She sends you a lot of letters which are informative or teach you about new updates.​

APPEARANCES
Nikki has appeared in Swapnote, and Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone!​

STAGE
Swapnote
It could be sort of like a replacement for Pictochat. Except its Swapnote. They could add a few extra things too like when they send the letter they get to ride on the letter or something.​

IDEAS
Nikki could have stuff like drawing and letters in her moveset, she can also have moves off of a Mii, so we get to have a Mii except its Nikki. And Nikki could do more, and it gets rid of all the downsides of just having a normal Mii.​

ARGUMENTS

Argument 1
"It would be better just to have a generic Mii"​

Look at all the arguments against Mii, if we have a certain Mii, (Nikki), it gets rid of all that. If you still like customization, APC99 thought up that her costume could be other Miis that you made. Also, Nikki can also be unique with Swapnote related stuff like throwing a letter, or a pencil, or drawing a barrier, plus, she can also do Mii related stuff like Play Coins, or a Find Mii magic spell.

MOVESETS
If you make a moveset for Nikki I will post it here
[COLLAPSE=Louie G.]
B: Swapnote Send
Nikki sends a Swapnote flying on an angle.

Side B: Pencil Throw
Nikki throws a pencil like a javelin. Can be charged for distance.

Up B: Flying Swapnote
Nikki grabs onto a Swapnote to fly upwards.

Down B:
?

Final Smash: Let's Draw
Nikki goes to the front of the screen (like Snake) and is able to draw obstacles on the stage (by using your Wiimote, Wii U Tablet, or Stylus).[/COLLAPSE]​
[COLLAPSE=PixelPasta]
Jab: Quick Punches ~ Nikki does a simple punch combo. Fairly quick, low range. Each punch does 3%, but can be mashed to build up gradual damage.
Forward Tilt: Sword Slash ~ Nikki takes out a sword (specifically, one of the swords used in 'Find Mii') and slashes forward once. Does 8%
Up Tilt: Happiness ~ Nikki does her excited face, raising her arms and hopping into the air slightly. Does 6%.
Down Tilt: Stylus Stab ~ Nikki takes out a giant 3DS stylus and stabs the ground with it. Does 7%.
Dash Attack: Jog~ Nikki jogs ahead for a few seconds. Does 6%. Will have a purpose later on.

Up Smash: Third Dimension ~ Nikki lifts up a 3DS, the lid open and the screen facing up. The 3DS logo sticks out of the screen slightly, as if it is truly coming into the third dimension, damaging anybody who touches it. Does 10%.
Side Smash: Shield Bash ~ Nikki uses a Find Mii shield. She crouches and shoves the shield forward. It protects her from projectiles and deals damage. Anybody hit will receive 9%.
Down Smash: 3D Camera ~ Nikki takes out a 3DS and takes a picture. The flash does 7% and has a small chance of stunning.

Neutral Aerial: Air Kick ~ Nikki does a 'sex kick'. Does 9%.
Up Aerial: Twirl~ Nikki twirls around, dealing decent damage and knockback and lifting her up slightly. Does 7%.
Back Aerial: Back Sword ~ Nikki does a slight back flip, stabbing behind her with her Find Mii sword. This move can fling opponents behind her. Does 10%.
Forward Aerial: Pencil Swipe ~ Nikki swipes downward with a pencil, spiking any opponent it hits. Does 8%
Down Aerial: Sword Stab ~ Nikki stabs down with her sword, similar to Toon Link's down air. Does 12% if they are spiked, and 10% otherwise.

An important aspect of Nikki's moveset is the Play Coin system. For every 100 steps that Nikki takes on the stage, she gets a Play Coin. Play Coins are displayed near her percentage meter at the bottom of the screen. Her dash attack, 'Jog', gives her 10 steps quickly. If Nikki doesn't have enough Play Coins to do a special move, she will do the respective tilt for that direction instead.

Neutral Special: Doodle ~ Nikki takes out her pencil and begins to draw. This can be aimed up, left or right. Up will create a temporary platform that only Nikki can use. Left/right creates a temporary shield that blocks all projectiles.
Side Special: Wandering Hero ~ For 3 play coins, Nikki can send forth a wandering hero, from 'Find Mii'. What each hero does will be explained later.
Up Special: Send Swapnote ~ Nikki takes out a 'winged envelope' style Swapnote and flies upwards by grabbing on to it. Like Pit's 'Wings of Icarus', it last for about 3-4 seconds, does no damage, and can push opponents around.
Down Special: AR Card ~ For 1 play coin, Nikki places an AR card flat on the ground below her. Any player who steps on it will be forced to strike a pose for 2-3 seconds, and then there is a small flash and a click - as if a 3DS picture was just taken. The flash does 15%. Nikki can only have one AR card out at a time, and if nobody touches it for 20 seconds it will disappear automatically. AR cards do not affect Nikki.
Final Smash: Let's Draw! ~ (Shamelessly taken from Louie G's moveset. Great idea, Louie!) Nikki goes to the front of the screen, somewhat in first-person view, like Snake. Nikki can draw lines all over the screen. These lines hurt any opponent that touches it (similar to Ice Climber's final smash but without the freezing). This final smash lasts until she runs out of ink - an ink meter is shown in the bottom left corner.

[COLLAPSE=Wandering Hero Properties]

Upon summoning, the wandering hero walks around slicing opponents with its sword, dealing 10% if it hits. The hero can't actively seek out enemies, it just walks back and forth aimlessly until somebody crosses its path, like a Waddle Doo. It stays on screen for 12 seconds, and then it disappears. Before it disappears, it casts a spell depending on it's color:
Black: Gives Nikki a double damage buff for 10 seconds.
Brown: Allows the hero to stay for another 8 seconds.
Light Blue: Freezes a nearby opponent.
Green: Doubles the power of the next hero Nikki sends out.
Blue: Does 12% damage to all opponents.
Light Green: Puts a nearby opponent to sleep.
Orange: Does two more sword slashes before disappearing, with more range a power.
Pink: Increases the health of the next hero Nikki sends out.
Purple: Poisons a nearby opponent.
Red: Does 12% damage to all opponents.
White: A flash of light stuns a nearby opponent.
Yellow: Summons a sandstorm. It behaves like a smoke ball - it makes it hard to see.

Wandering heroes can be attacked. Players can kill them before they have a chance to use a spell.

Blue and Red are very common.
Light Blue, Purple, and Light Green are slightly less common, but still fairly likely.
Green, Pink, and White are the middle - not common but not rare.
Yellow, Orange, Brown are fairly uncommon.
Black is rare.
[/COLLAPSE]
[/COLLAPSE]​

ICONS
If you make Sigs or Roster Maker Icons I will put them here.
By Gibdo Knight:

By Jaytalks:

By Ariand/AEM:

NIKKI'S PEN PALS
Thanks to God Roberts Cousin for the name.
SuperBrawler, YoshiandToad, Yams, Louie G., Ariand/AEM, BluePikmin11, Tepig2000, PixelPasta, APC99​

Yams

Smash Journeyman
I support her if she cancels out the customizable mii idea.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Truthfully, I would rather have Miis in general.
Then you can play as Nikki, Reggie, Miyamoto, God, Hitler, whoever.
I wouldn't be completely against Nikki though.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So you support or no?
Sure, why not.

I was thinking about a possible moveset for her. She's quite unique and interesting actually.

Down B:
?

Nikki goes to the front of the screen (like Snake) and is able to draw obstacles on the stage (by using your Wiimote, Wii U Tablet, or Stylus).

It's still in the ideas phase, but I think we could get a good moveset up soon.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I was thinking about a possible moveset for her. She's quite unique and interesting actually.

Down B:
?

Nikki goes to the front of the screen (like Snake) and is able to draw obstacles on the stage (by using your Wiimote, Wii U Tablet, or Stylus).

It's still in the ideas phase, but I think we could get a good moveset up soon.
I'll add to the a OP tomorrow.

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
She should be an alt costume along with Regi for Miis

Louie G.

Smash Hero
What if...
She got play coins to attack with based on the number of steps she takes?
Or maybe she has to "buy" an attack or something?

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

hint: don't search nikki swapnote on google images.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I find Nikki absolutely adorable, so I'll support her as well.
And here's a slot for your rosters.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Seems more of an assist trophy type than playable. She only has a non-gaming app as a source of moves, unlike the deep well general miis have to call on.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So any new ideas of how play coins might work?
I was thinking Down B could be called Cash In. Once a certain number of play coins are collected, Nikki flashes white and can use Cash In, which makes your smash attacks stronger for a short amount of time (see Lucas' PK Offense Up from Project M).

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
So any new ideas of how play coins might work?
I was thinking Down B could be called Cash In. Once a certain number of play coins are collected, Nikki flashes white and can use Cash In, which makes your smash attacks stronger for a short amount of time (see Lucas' PK Offense Up from Project M).
Maybe she can use a Find Me magic spell.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Are we expanding Nikki outside of Swapnote then? Seems like we're combining all the mii related things into her. I'm okay with this, as far as I know she's one of the only Mii that are an actual character.

If we are don't forget all about the dozens of cat drawings she does. Maybe you could combine those with the Cat Wanderers from Find Mii/Streetpass Quest. Since each of those cost 2 Playcoins, maybe you can summon a new Wanderer every 20 steps as a Waddle Dee style projectile?

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
You know what? I would have laughed at the idea of R.O.B, Mr. Game & Watch, and Wii Fit Trainer if they weren't in the game. But they are, and it's brilliant! It taught me to have faith in Sakurai. These types of characters are genius, so I say why not? Nikki could be just as good.

Here is my shot at a moveset. It is building upon ideas that many of you have already posted, as well as my own. I consider her to be repping the 3DS itself, in a sense.

Jab: Quick Punches ~ Nikki does a simple punch combo. Fairly quick, low range. Each punch does 3%, but can be mashed to build up gradual damage.
Forward Tilt: Sword Slash ~ Nikki takes out a sword (specifically, one of the swords used in 'Find Mii') and slashes forward once. Does 8%
Up Tilt: Happiness ~ Nikki does her excited face, raising her arms and hopping into the air slightly. Does 6%.
Down Tilt: Stylus Stab ~ Nikki takes out a giant 3DS stylus and stabs the ground with it. Does 7%.
Dash Attack: Jog~ Nikki jogs ahead for a few seconds. Does 6%. Will have a purpose later on.

Up Smash: Sound Bird ~ Nikki lifts up the 3DS Sound bird (the green and yellow mascot bird), and it sings a few notes, represented by sound-waves flying upwards out of it's back. Does 10%.
Side Smash: Shield Bash ~ Nikki uses a Find Mii shield. She crouches and shoves the shield forward. It protects her from projectiles and deals damage. Anybody hit will receive 12%.
Down Smash: 3D Camera ~ Nikki takes out a 3DS and takes a picture. The flash does 10% and has a small chance of stunning.

Neutral Aerial: Air Kick ~ Nikki does a 'sex kick'. Does 9%.
Up Aerial: Twirl~ Nikki twirls around, dealing decent damage and knockback and lifting her up slightly. Does 7%.
Back Aerial: Back Sword ~ Nikki does a slight back flip, stabbing behind her with her Find Mii sword. This move can fling opponents behind her. Does 10%.
Forward Aerial: Pencil Swipe ~ Nikki swipes downward with a pencil, spiking any opponent it hits. Does 8%
Down Aerial: Sword Stab ~ Nikki stabs down with her sword, similar to Toon Link's down air. Does 12% if they are spiked, and 10% otherwise.

An important aspect of Nikki's moveset is the Play Coin system. For every 100 steps that Nikki takes on the stage, she gets a Play Coin. Play Coins are displayed near her percentage meter at the bottom of the screen. Her dash attack, 'Jog', gives her 10 steps quickly. If Nikki doesn't have enough Play Coins to do a special move, she will do the respective tilt for that direction instead.

Neutral Special: Doodle ~ Nikki takes out her pencil and begins to draw. This can be aimed up, left or right. Up will create a temporary platform that only Nikki can use. Left/right creates a temporary shield that blocks all projectiles.
Side Special: Wandering Hero ~ For 3 play coins, Nikki can send forth a wandering hero, from 'Find Mii'. What each hero does will be explained later.
Up Special: Send Swapnote ~ Nikki takes out a 'winged envelope' style Swapnote and flies upwards by grabbing on to it. Like Pit's 'Wings of Icarus', it last for about 3-4 seconds, does no damage, and can push opponents around.
Down Special: AR Card ~ For 1 play coin, Nikki places an AR card flat on the ground below her. Any player who steps on it will be forced to strike a pose for 2-3 seconds, and then there is a small flash and a click - as if a 3DS picture was just taken. The flash does 15%. Nikki can only have one AR card out at a time, and if nobody touches it for 20 seconds it will disappear automatically. AR cards do not affect Nikki.
Final Smash: Let's Draw! ~ (Shamelessly taken from Louie G's moveset. Great idea, Louie!) Nikki goes to the front of the screen, somewhat in first-person view, like Snake. Nikki can draw lines all over the screen. These lines hurt any opponent that touches it (similar to Ice Climber's final smash but without the freezing). This final smash lasts until she runs out of ink - an ink meter is shown in the bottom left corner.

Wandering Hero Properties:

Upon summoning, the wandering hero walks around slicing opponents with its sword, dealing 10% if it hits. The hero can't actively seek out enemies, it just walks back and forth aimlessly until somebody crosses its path, like a Waddle Doo. It stays on screen for 12 seconds, and then it disappears. Before it disappears, it casts a spell depending on it's color:
Black: Gives Nikki a double damage buff for 10 seconds.
Brown: Allows the hero to stay for another 8 seconds.
Light Blue: Freezes a nearby opponent.
Green: Doubles the power of the next hero Nikki sends out.
Blue: Does 12% damage to all opponents.
Light Green: Puts a nearby opponent to sleep.
Orange: Does two more sword slashes before disappearing, with more range and power.
Pink: Increases the health of the next hero Nikki sends out.
Purple: Poisons a nearby opponent.
Red: Does 12% damage to all opponents.
White: A flash of light stuns a nearby opponent.
Yellow: Summons a sandstorm. It behaves like a smoke ball - it makes it hard to see.

Wandering heroes can be attacked. Players can kill them before they have a chance to use a spell.

Blue and Red are very common.
Light Blue, Purple, and Light Green are slightly less common, but still fairly likely.
Green, Pink, and White are the middle - not common but not rare.
Yellow, Orange, Brown are fairly uncommon.
Black is rare.

It's still a work in progress... I still need to come up with her Grabs, Pummel and Throws. I was also thinking of adding a 'streetpass' related gimmick... like, something would happen if Nikki walks past a character in game. Maybe stealing a move, or getting slightly more powerful? Hmmm....

I hope you enjoyed that moveset as much as I did making it! It's a little crazy, but I think it works. The only problem is that it's less about Swapnote and more about the 3DS in general... but it's hard to come up with an entirely Swapnote based moveset!

EDIT: Tweaked the moveset some more

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Why don't make her be a rep on 3DS's (and any other Nintendo Apps)? Take elements from Streetpass Mii Plaza-games, Flipnote Studio, EShop, etc! She doesn't necessarily be limited on Swapnote only.

Okay, that'd be a stretch but you get the idea. (Though that'd make her something like another Villager/G&W fighter, but I'd dig this more than Miis as playables.)

Also Mr:Mendell (from Streetpass Garden) should appear in one of her victory poses, hahah- (I bet they're a wife and a husband)

Top Bottom