• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Senate Sponsored: SWF Suggestion Box (No smiley suggestions!)

TANK64

Smash Lord
So about the mobile site on my phone...

It was fine before.

And now it's not so fine. It's all glitchy with the display when you resize it, and you can't see who posted recently on each thread or any forum.

I'm not trying to be mean but it's REALLY inconvenient, and I don't even see why you changed it in the first place (To fit a mobile screen better?).

I mean, I'm sure you're working on it but you're usually fast about this kind of stuff, so I was just wondering. Is this a WIP or is there any chance of changing it back, or are y'all just going through changes right now and this is the result meanwhile?

(I've heard others have the same concerns btw)

thespymachine

Smash Ace
I'm sure this has been recommended, but I'm proceeding anyways, just to get my voice out there.

I think having a very interconnected, multifaceted site for SWF would be fantastic.
I'm thinking along the lines of what LessWrong does. It's a site focused on rationality (logic, heuristics, Bayes' Theorum, etc) that is part blog, part discussion/forum, and part wiki - it also has this thing called Sequences that are sort of like more focused wikis on a certain topic that consists of only links to blogs/posts on the site (basically, it's a wiki that's just links that are only from the site). The only problem I have with the site, however, is that the discussion portion of it is disorganized and not really different, at all, from the blog and social/meetup sections.

Anyways. I think it's an inspiring look at what a community driven site can be.
I know people have mentioned that we need a wiki, but there's a bit more to this site.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
can the Tournaments forum be moved up above the Smash 4 forums? the tourney threads/regional zones are taking a HUGE hit from new members having to scroll thru Smash 4, brawl, melee, 64, and smash workshop forums just to get to the heart and blood of our tournament scene. if that's not in the cards, at least above the brawl forums please.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I am all for that. I think tournament forums should have priority. I'll talk to bionic and see what he thinks

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
can the Tournaments forum be moved up above the Smash 4 forums? the tourney threads/regional zones are taking a HUGE hit from new members having to scroll thru Smash 4, brawl, melee, 64, and smash workshop forums just to get to the heart and blood of our tournament scene. if that's not in the cards, at least above the brawl forums please.
Any movement on this?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
3DS FC needs to happen so I don't have to tell people what it is, nor put in my sig, because I don't want text in my sig.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
afaik no, it just shows your post for the first time you post on a page, and then not again until the next page you post in.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Hm, well that's sort of a shame, seeing how it interrupts me from mafia and debate hall sometimes. I wouldn't like another experiencing a annoyance of large or distracting signatures, but at least there's the option to hide all.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I get this message when trying to upload a 40.7KB file for an avatar:
"Your avatar's file size is too large. Please upload an avatar no bigger than 50 KB."

What gives yo.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Hm, well that's sort of a shame, seeing how it interrupts me from mafia and debate hall sometimes. I wouldn't like another experiencing a annoyance of large or distracting signatures, but at least there's the option to hide all.
Implying signatures aren't disabled in mafia games

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Whoa what

I guess I'd know this if I played mafia. Or didn't have sigs disabled.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Are Project M sprites going to be added? or like, a new spot for you so you can choose what main you have for Project M?
I think Project M is fairly popular and is being featured in many big tournaments so it would be a mistake not to add a spot for it.

If someone has already suggested this forgive me :x

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Would it be possible to block "likes" from people who are on your ignore list?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Because it's annoying when some random person is liking every other post in a thread

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I set Likes to no longer notify me when Xiivi started doing that **** in the Disco Room. I'd have received around 1300 notifications about Likes since the XenForo move if I hadn't.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I get this message when trying to upload a 40.7KB file for an avatar:
"Your avatar's file size is too large. Please upload an avatar no bigger than 50 KB."

What gives yo.
I keep running into this problem when I try to upload an avatar to the Project M account. Please help =(

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I set Likes to no longer notify me when Xiivi started doing that **** in the Disco Room. I'd have received around 1300 notifications about Likes since the XenForo move if I hadn't.
he stopped when we cried enough but now is going at it again. just another reason the disco room is the deadsco room

NH Cody

Smash Champion
I have a suggestion: it would be cool to type @ before a user's name and then that user would get an alert. so if I wanted to make ADHD appear for a matchup thread or something I could say @adhd what do you think about this matchup, and he would see my post. and if there are spaces in the username then you would type an @ at the end too, like @Strong Bad@ if I wanted Strong Bad to get an alert. optional but then when you post the @ next to a username it would hyperlink to that user's profile.

this is from another site I use

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I *think* this is actually a feature that will come when we eventually upgrade to Xenforo 1.2, but it is a very good point!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I have a suggestion: it would be cool to type @ before a user's name and then that user would get an alert. so if I wanted to make ADHD appear for a matchup thread or something I could say @adhd what do you think about this matchup, and he would see my post. and if there are spaces in the username then you would type an @ at the end too, like @Strong Bad@ if I wanted Strong Bad to get an alert. optional but then when you post the @ next to a username it would hyperlink to that user's profile.

this is from another site I use
Very much this.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So is live posting gonna be back or what? that would be my suggestion, refreshing each time is D: ...I miss the live posting.

But again, if its not possible then okay.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So far as I know Xenforo does not support live posting and there is not a viable add-on to fill the gap. I, too, miss live posting.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Any way to turn off the "Show ignored content" button? It's so tempting to click.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
There are certain posters that I never want to see.

The button does 2 things:
1) makes me curious about how stupid they still are
2) makes me remember that they exist

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
I really wish we could have more colors to Smashboards ( I do appreciate our 3 options, but as a MK main I want more options :awesome: ).

Seriously though, a black and green would be so sexy.

Top Bottom