• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Yeah I can't wait for the SDR integration into 20XX so I can practice vs. dynamic DI and all that stuff. It's the only way I'll be able to perfect my punish game with Pichu.

Djames516

Smash Rookie
I played 20XX 4.0 [super beta] with a few people the other day, and testing out the SDR chars. It was quite fun.
Hey, are SDR and 20XX merging anything BESIDES the buffed characters? Like all the options and stage mods and stuff?

In SDR:
  • Alpha and Omega stage select screens, flip between the two with L and R
    • (comparable to 20XX's alt stage page, accessed by pressing UP on the D-Pad at the Character Select Screen)
  • More stage mods
    • Like peach's flat, Omega mushroom kingdom, Mount Olympus, etc
  • Alpha and Omega Random Stage Select pages
    • However, when Stage Selection is set to Random, sometimes Alpha stages will be picked that were not set to ON in the Alpha page. This leads to undesirable stages being selected sometimes.

In 20XX:
  • Endless Friendlies
  • Results Screen skip
  • Tap Jump disable based on controller port
    • In SDR you either have it on or off for everyone
  • Screen Rumble disable
  • Color Overlays

Also thanks for all the work y'all put into these

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey, are SDR and 20XX merging anything BESIDES the buffed characters? Like all the options and stage mods and stuff?

In SDR:
  • Alpha and Omega stage select screens, flip between the two with L and R
    • (comparable to 20XX's alt stage page, accessed by pressing UP on the D-Pad at the Character Select Screen)
  • More stage mods
    • Like peach's flat, Omega mushroom kingdom, Mount Olympus, etc
  • Alpha and Omega Random Stage Select pages
    • However, when Stage Selection is set to Random, sometimes Alpha stages will be picked that were not set to ON in the Alpha page. This leads to undesirable stages being selected sometimes.

In 20XX:
  • Endless Friendlies
  • Results Screen skip
  • Tap Jump disable based on controller port
    • In SDR you either have it on or off for everyone
  • Screen Rumble disable
  • Color Overlays

Also thanks for all the work y'all put into these
4.0 will have it's own stage select screen options. It works in a similar fashion, where the toggle is on the SSS itself.

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
Does anyone know how they made Ness's PSI Magnet jump cancelable? I want to port it into my own Melee Mod and everything else works (including frame speed modifications because I exported and imported those) But I can't figure out where something like that would be for PSI Magnet.

_Snover_

Frost Tree Pokémon
Does SDR feature any new animations?
AFAIK, new animations are impossible to make in Melee for now. There are animations from other moves that are used in some move changes, for example: Ganon's new uptilt uses an animation from his side B.

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
I keep getting "target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

I have made sure i have the right melee iso. Im using 1.02 ntsc and the md5 value checks out and im using the right patch but its still happening always.

Edit: i had to rip my melee iso again and it worked for some reason. idek

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
I keep getting "target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

I have made sure i have the right melee iso. Im using 1.02 ntsc and the md5 value checks out and im using the right patch but its still happening always.

Edit: i had to rip my melee iso again and it worked for some reason. idek
Glad you found the solution but you must start with an unmodded ISO (even textures).

(1000th post hype)

Last edited:

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
Glad you found the solution but you must start with an unmodded ISO (even textures).

(1000th post hype)
Yeah it was because of textures. I was gonna use sd remix while i work on my skin pack. I have a question though. Is this open to suggestions? cause i have one. Would it be possible to add an extra grab hitbox to bowser closer to his body so this doesnt happen?

His dash grab can wiff at point blank.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Can I request that Sound Test be unlocked by default in the full build so we can have access to the awesome music? Mostly for FD and...well, any stage with alternate music, really. I find it kinda weird that it's not avail by default (unless this is a specific issue I'm unaware of)

Last edited:

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
Can I request that Sound Test be unlocked by default in the full build so we can have access to the awesome music? Mostly for FD and...well, any stage with alternate music, really. I find it kinda weird that it's not avail by default (unless this is a specific issue I'm unaware of)
_glook _glook I'm surprised these weren't included. Here's the static overwrites if you want them:

Gecko:
$Unlock Alternate Music Toggle [Myougi]
041644E8 38600001
041648F4 38600001
04164B14 38600001

DOL injection:
Unlock Alternate Music Toggle (All human players must hold a trigger for alt music on acceptable stages during stage selection) [Myougi] (1.02)
@ DOL 0x1610C8 replace 38600000 -> 38600001
@ DOL 0x1614D4 replace 38600000 -> 38600001
@ DOL 0x1616F4 replace 38600000 -> 38600001

Last edited:

_glook

Got a Passion for Smashin'
_glook _glook I'm surprised these weren't included. Here's the static overwrites if you want them:

Gecko:
$Unlock Alternate Music Toggle [Myougi]
041644E8 38600001
041648F4 38600001
04164B14 38600001

DOL injection:
Unlock Alternate Music Toggle (All human players must hold a trigger for alt music on acceptable stages during stage selection) [Myougi] (1.02)
@ DOL 0x1610C8 replace 38600000 -> 38600001
@ DOL 0x1614D4 replace 38600000 -> 38600001
@ DOL 0x164B14 replace 38600000 -> 38600001
Thanks, I'll add it to the todo list.

Sure, I'll add it to the todo list.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
@ DOL 0x164B14 replace 38600000 -> 38600001
My only issue is that when I went to do the DOL injection, this line didn't exist. 0x164B14 wasn't 3860000. Otherwise the other ones worked but this one doesn't seem to be correct.

I even checked a vanilla 1.02 DOL to be sure I wasn't going completely mad.

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
My only issue is that when I went to do the DOL injection, this line didn't exist. 0x164B14 wasn't 3860000. Otherwise the other ones worked but this one doesn't seem to be correct.

I even checked a vanilla 1.02 DOL to be sure I wasn't going completely mad.
She forgot to convert the 3rd line into DOL version. You can see the first two are different, but the third is the same, which is a mistake.

Third is: 0x1616f4

_Snover_

Frost Tree Pokémon
I'm happy to say that I'm going to be hosting an SDR bracket at UMD this coming Friday. This place has a crapton of people there (For reference the first few weeks of the semester averaged out to around 65 people entering Melee)

I'll let you guys know how it goes!

_Snover_

Frost Tree Pokémon
SD Remix was a success! I was able to get a good amount of the bracket on stream. Couldn't get GFs on stream since the bracket was running really close to Melee and Melee was starting.

There weren't many people present this time likely due to the fact that it's the Halloween weekend and that Shell Shocked (a huge regional event) is being held today on the same campus. Melee only had 22 entrants when it usually has 60-70.

VoD: http://www.twitch.tv/umdsmash/v/23215443

Bracket set timestamps (Warning: Lots of misinformation in commentary lol):
00:16:00 - The Brig (Zelda) vs. Mada Jr (Marth) [Winner's Semis]
00:26:30 - Mada Jr (Link) vs. Snover (me!) (Ness/Pichu) [Loser's Quarters]
00:40:00 - FurB (Link/Falcon) vs. Ed (Bowser/G&W/Falcon) [Loser's Quarters]
00:51:45 - Snover (Ness) vs. Ed (Falcon) [Loser's Semis]
01:05:30 - The Brig (Bowser) vs. Ed (Falcon) [Loser's Finals]

zombiejerky

Smash Rookie
I absolutely love this, Ive been playing everyone,these buffs are serious. I wish this game had more support,this is another great smash collaboration

_Snover_

Frost Tree Pokémon
I absolutely love this, Ive been playing everyone,these buffs are serious. I wish this game had more support,this is another great smash collaboration
The good news is that it looks like the game is gaining support! If you can, try hosting some SDR tourneys around you and we can help make it even more popular. :)

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
The good news is that it looks like the game is gaining support! If you can, try hosting some SDR tourneys around you and we can help make it even more popular. :)
I'd highly recommend you to install SDR Lite and taking a setup to your local smashfest. Most people do not even know that SDR can be installed via memory card (like 20XXTE).

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Okay, I've finally gotten to the bottom of this.

It happens in normal Melee. If you run toward a slope and up+B into it, it will stop the up + B from happening. The reason why most people never noticed is because they never usually run into a slope to up+B into it. The thing is, Up+B in SDR has a higher initial horizontal velocity to help with recovery, so it is much easier to trigger the bug.

My first reaction was basically WTF.

Okay so after testing it in various different versions, here's what I've found:
This bug manifests itself in:
  • SSBM NTSC v1.0
  • SD Remix 3.1
  • SD Remix 3.2 * Worst in this version
This bug does not manifest itself in (as far as I can tell):
  • SSBM NTSC v1.1
  • SSBM NTSC v1.2
  • SSBM PAL
It seems to be the worst in SD Remix 3.2, even when I revert the DOL back to v1.2, which means it's not a DOL change. Maybe something got corrupted.

I'm going to do more experiments.

Current hypothesis:
The developers found the bug in the original NTSC that it happens on extreme inclines if you Up+B into them. They fixed it in v1.01, along with other Ganon related bugs. This is probably part of the reason why Ganon's character file is so different between v1.00 and v1.01, along with general cleanup done with the clone data in the PlGn file. The changes in v1.01 along with the character file changes combined effectively fixed the bug. However, SDR Ganon is based off of v1.00 Ganon, and so it doesn't have the changes made to v1.01 Ganon to fix the bug. Combined with the DOL changes to v1.01, using v1.00 Ganon as a base meant that what they did to fix the bug actually made it much worse without the PlGn changes.

That's my current thoughts.
_glook _glook , what did you do to resolve this issue? Was it an ASM code?

Last edited:

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so SDR 3.2.1 has a different PlGn.dat file than version 3.1?
That's the answer. When I was modding sdr for the first time, I kept melee's ISO open side by side in crazy hand. Changing the asynch timer was all it took for PlGn

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so SDR 3.2.1 has a different PlGn.dat file than version 3.1?
Correct, he is the only instance, and it is specifically to fix the mentioned issue.

Btw, I don't think the special modded Sheik in the 20XX 4.0 beta is included on the informal changelist. I believe it's also not possible to play vanilla Sheik + SDR Zelda in conjunction?

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
(as of this post) the hotlink image is missing

today I brought my system with 3.2.1 loaded to a local weekly- I found that it was being played on every time- people loved it! I spoke to some organizers and were down to start our own things here

update: yet somethings up with my particular build of 3.2.1. I still can't seem to beat the game without a freeze just before the credits.... and now when we hit start on the character select screen too quickly the game will freeze- music will play but no control of the game

perhaps I need to do the common set up version of SDR yet right now I'm running mios dios so the 3.1 worked quite well for me- not a whole lot of extra work to get the game going. right now I have it on the game ID of GALE01 because I wanted to keep my memory card the same (easy time editing game id the save ID not so much) what does one suggest I do to rid of these bugs?

Last edited:
Top Bottom