• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
somethings going on with GCMM... when I modify GALE01 to SDRE32 on notepad the file becomes corrupt? made a new save file with the game an backed it up- they both look the same yet the one I changed is showing corrupt in GCMM

_glook

Got a Passion for Smashin'
somethings going on with GCMM... when I modify GALE01 to SDRE32 on notepad the file becomes corrupt? made a new save file with the game an backed it up- they both look the same yet the one I changed is showing corrupt in GCMM
You need a hex editor, notepad will mangle binary files (same thing will happen to boot.bin). I personally use XVI32 to do my binary file editing.

Edit: So, it looks like animation data is stored differently in the PAL versions of the game, which is why moves changed animations seem to be totally crashing in PAL SDR Lite. I'll need to undo the animation change in the SDR version, change the animation for the pal version, then combine the two files together somehow. and then redo them.

Last edited:

_glook

All right folks, the NTSC universal version of SD Remix Lite is out. More details here: http://sdremix.com/2015/08/18/sd-remix-3-2-lite-ntsc-universal-is-out/

I've also updated the guides with instructions on installing it with a normal unhacked Wii and a GameCube.

To celebrate this release, I've made a Character Showcase for 3.1 and 3.2. It's basically a combo video, but I didn't want to be constrained to only showing combos, so I've called it a showcase. Here it is:

TheSmoothLander

Smash Cadet
All right folks, the NTSC universal version of SD Remix Lite is out. More details here: http://sdremix.com/2015/08/18/sd-remix-3-2-lite-ntsc-universal-is-out/

I've also updated the guides with instructions on installing it with a normal unhacked Wii and a GameCube.

To celebrate this release, I've made a Character Showcase for 3.1 and 3.2. It's basically a combo video, but I didn't want to be constrained to only showing combos, so I've called it a showcase. Here it is:
Should I update my save file?

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
hey- bug report:

game freezes hen finishing a single player mode. I'm running 3.2 via mios dios method. game ill freeze after trophy is collected and falls on the trophy table, enabling the credits to run. I also found some frezzing in debug mode

_glook

hey- bug report:

game freezes hen finishing a single player mode. I'm running 3.2 via mios dios method. game ill freeze after trophy is collected and falls on the trophy table, enabling the credits to run. I also found some frezzing in debug mode
So here's what I did, and I'd like you to tell me what you did differently to get the bug to manifest:
I just played it via Dios Mios. I have an existing memory card save file. I did Classic Mode on "Very Easy" using Ganondorf. I went through and beat the game. After I beat Master Hand, Ganondorf's trophy spins down to the table. I want until it lands. In my game, there are no other trophies on the table. After a little while, it goes to the credits shooting mini-game. I played the credits mini game for a little while, and halfway through, I press start to speed it up. It goes really fast until the end. It loads up Ganondorf's little victory cutscene. I let it play through to the end. It shows the "Congratulations" screen. I press start to get past it. It gives me three messages saying I've won trophies, which I press A to get past each one. Then I'm back to the main menu screen.

_Snover_

Frost Tree Pokémon
I tried both Full and Lite and the game does not freeze on either of them.

I completed both with Roy in Classic mode with a difficulty of Normal. I started with 3 stocks. I did not skip any cutscenes.

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
that's wacky- something is up with my individual setup- perhaps copying 3.2 over 3.1 has other strange affects.

the game freezes before credits but it does manage to remember the score record.

also has the cpu been upgraded in this release?

_glook

No, the AI has been untouched. As of now, there's no plans to improve the default AI from Melee, despite it being really terrible sometimes. Besides, the AI stuff is hard coded, and we'd probably have to re-engineer the whole thing to get anything decent.

Doq

Smash Lord
that's wacky- something is up with my individual setup- perhaps copying 3.2 over 3.1 has other strange affects.

the game freezes before credits but it does manage to remember the score record.

That's because the game saves while the trophy is dropping.

I don't know what adverse effects would be from going from 3.1 to 3.2. None of the characters are changed, only new features were added. The alternate stages are likely the cause of the problem.

_glook

Dorf's Up B sometimes fails to get off the ground after performing certain actions (like L-Canceling Dair/taunting after) on certain locations on the map.

Stage: Corneria (all variations; don't ask).
Okay, I've finally gotten to the bottom of this.

It happens in normal Melee. If you run toward a slope and up+B into it, it will stop the up + B from happening. The reason why most people never noticed is because they never usually run into a slope to up+B into it. The thing is, Up+B in SDR has a higher initial horizontal velocity to help with recovery, so it is much easier to trigger the bug.

My first reaction was basically WTF.

Okay so after testing it in various different versions, here's what I've found:
This bug manifests itself in:
  • SSBM NTSC v1.0
  • SD Remix 3.1
  • SD Remix 3.2 * Worst in this version
This bug does not manifest itself in (as far as I can tell):
  • SSBM NTSC v1.1
  • SSBM NTSC v1.2
  • SSBM PAL
It seems to be the worst in SD Remix 3.2, even when I revert the DOL back to v1.2, which means it's not a DOL change. Maybe something got corrupted.

I'm going to do more experiments.

Current hypothesis:
The developers found the bug in the original NTSC that it happens on extreme inclines if you Up+B into them. They fixed it in v1.01, along with other Ganon related bugs. This is probably part of the reason why Ganon's character file is so different between v1.00 and v1.01, along with general cleanup done with the clone data in the PlGn file. The changes in v1.01 along with the character file changes combined effectively fixed the bug. However, SDR Ganon is based off of v1.00 Ganon, and so it doesn't have the changes made to v1.01 Ganon to fix the bug. Combined with the DOL changes to v1.01, using v1.00 Ganon as a base meant that what they did to fix the bug actually made it much worse without the PlGn changes.

That's my current thoughts.

Last edited:

_glook

Hey you! Yes you!

Do you live in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, or any of the other PAL regions?

Do you like SD Remix Lite?

Do you want to help bring SD Remix Lite to your region of the world?

If you answered yes to all of these questions, this post is for you!

See, none of the SD Remix team members is a citizen of the EU or live in the southern hemisphere. As a result, none of us have access to the consoles and games of those regions, so we are not able to fully test it out.

So, if you want to be a PAL of the world and a PAL of the SD Remix team, you can download the alpha release of "SD Remix 3.2 Lite: PAL Edition", attached to this post, and load it onto your memory card to test out how well it works on your console and game!

If you do so and can either verify that it works as intended or if you find bugs and report them, you can become an SD Remix PAL!

* Calling yourself by a pun is optional

So won't you help us out? Just download the attached file and follow the instructions on our website here: http://sdremix.com/installation/sd-remix-lite-instructions/

Jolly good, and good luck to ya, gov'na!

Attachments

Last edited:

Silent Hell

Smash Cadet
Any plans on incorporating the freeze fix codes for adventure mode via debug menu? Like Yoshi and Link freezing when trying to fight them? Also, do you think you can add the trophy get stages to the debug menu list to make every stage playable?

Because from what I've heard, gecko codes won't work with SD Remix since the code is different?

_glook

Any plans on incorporating the freeze fix codes for adventure mode via debug menu? Like Yoshi and Link freezing when trying to fight them? Also, do you think you can add the trophy get stages to the debug menu list to make every stage playable?

Because from what I've heard, gecko codes won't work with SD Remix since the code is different?
I've never run into the game freezing against Yoshi and Link in adventure mode, but if it's a simple fix and the solution already exists, I don't see why it can't be incorporated. So yeah, sure, assuming those fixes exist.

When you say trophy get stages, do you mean the Trophy Tussle stages in event mode? We might be able to, but I'm not sure it would be worth the effort. If there's enough demand for it, though I could see us adding it to the stage list. Majora's Mask is actually in SD Remix Lite, but mostly because we couldn't fit a better stage on the memory card in its place.

As far as Gecko Codes, if you're using the full version of SD Remix, your mileage will vary, though I imagine in most cases it should be fine. You should use v1.02 codes, since that's what SD Remix 3.2 is based off of.

Silent Hell

Smash Cadet
I'll give it a shot later on. When I say add the stages to the list, I mean to the debug menu list. For sake of completeness and all that. Thanks again for your time.

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
I've never run into the game freezing against Yoshi and Link in adventure mode, but if it's a simple fix and the solution already exists, I don't see why it can't be incorporated. So yeah, sure, assuming those fixes exist.
I'm not exactly sure why the game would be crashing here exactly, but I have a good guess. Glook, if you have Achilles code that disables Multi-man/Team spawns enabled (for use mainly on Mushroom Kingdom Adventure to disable the segment where it spawns a Yoshi team you have to fight) the game will crash in when loading two or more characters in adventure mode.

Edit: This one specifically:
Code:
No Single Player Link/Yoshi Spawns
0416a4c8 4e800020
Change that to:
Code:
Force Single Player Link/Yoshi Spawns
0416a4c8 7c0802a6
Both codes are for 1.2

Last edited:

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
Hey SD Remix Players! Yes, you. Was there anyone else around? *laughs*
New match-ups means new struggles. Are you struggling? Oh, that's too harsh.
But if you're struggling. I've deposited $1000 into your account.
Use it wisely. Ask me anything that would help you. No, I will not buff your favorite character.
*click*

_glook

What did you do to fix Mount Olympus in Training Mode?
It is a really hacky fix, but there was an infinite loop happening only for snag the trophy based stages and only in training mode. My notes say:
FIX: 802197B4 : 216394 -> 60000000
802197B4 is the RAM address, while 216394 is the DOL address, where I've nop'd it.
From what I can remember, the original code at that position was a branch backwards to do the loop. We've so far found no ill effects from making this change. But it's pretty hacky, as I don't know what the root cause is.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
It is a really hacky fix, but there was an infinite loop happening only for snag the trophy based stages and only in training mode. My notes say:
FIX: 802197B4 : 216394 -> 60000000
802197B4 is the RAM address, while 216394 is the DOL address, where I've nop'd it.
From what I can remember, the original code at that position was a branch backwards to do the loop. We've so far found no ill effects from making this change. But it's pretty hacky, as I don't know what the root cause is.
Hmmm okay. Thanks.

SillyGoose

Master of QWOP
I'm trying to add the sd remix character changes to my personal set-up. I figured I would be good just replacing the character files (PlMt, PlKp, etc) but this didn't work for all the characters. Anyone know what other files I have to add / what I did wrong?

CeLL

Smash Lord
I'm trying to add the sd remix character changes to my personal set-up. I figured I would be good just replacing the character files (PlMt, PlKp, etc) but this didn't work for all the characters. Anyone know what other files I have to add / what I did wrong?
Most of the changes are in the DOL.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I did this for my setup. You need to inject the FSM engine entries into the dol. PlCo.dat also contains several changes

SillyGoose

Master of QWOP
Would someone mind pointing me to the download for "cranky's treehouse"? I want to add it to my set-up. Is there a version that has the water included for competitive diversity?

_glook

Is there anyway that i can change the music in menu screen Im tired of the menu 1 and 2 theme.
Check out http://smashboards.com/threads/melee-hacks-and-you-updated-5-21-2015.247119/. In the Audio section, there is stuff about replacing music using .hps files.

Would someone mind pointing me to the download for "cranky's treehouse"? I want to add it to my set-up. Is there a version that has the water included for competitive diversity?
http://smashboards.com/threads/jungle-japes-stage-hacks.405024/

DraculaSb

Smash Cadet
Running SD Remix Lite off memory card and when I go into the name entry it freezes after the announcer says success! My wii has firmware 4.2 so I cant use letterbomb. Not sure if it makes a difference. Any ideas how I can resolve this?

_glook

Running SD Remix Lite off memory card and when I go into the name entry it freezes after the announcer says success! My wii has firmware 4.2 so I cant use letterbomb. Not sure if it makes a difference. Any ideas how I can resolve this?
Does that mean you used WiiBrand? It should work just as well as LetterBomb.
What kind of memory card do you have? There have been reports of GCMM not working quite right with certain off-brand memory cards.

DraculaSb

Smash Cadet
Does that mean you used WiiBrand? It should work just as well as LetterBomb.
What kind of memory card do you have? There have been reports of GCMM not working quite right with certain off-brand memory cards.
Used Homebrew app. Also I used an official gc memory card and a joytech memory card. Same thing happened.

_glook

Used Homebrew app. Also I used an official gc memory card and a joytech memory card. Same thing happened.
I see. What version of SSBM are you running, and how are you running it? If it's been modified, like 20XX, there will be some issues. If you're using Gecko codes, that will also have issues.

DraculaSb

Smash Cadet
Running it through gc backup launcher and a burned ssbm. I think that might be the issue. Will try it on my actually gc with physical melee when I get home. My friend downloaded the mod for me and it will not work on his wii.

_glook

It works on my unmodded gc. I'm sooo hyped!
Thanks for letting us know! I guess there's something that gc backup launcher is doing that's making it incompatible with SDR Lite. There might be a way to make it work by disabling settings, but I'm not super familiar with that program. Glad it's working for you though!

20LC

Smash Cadet
Is there anyway to add the character changes from SD remix to the 20XX training pack?

_glook

Is there anyway to add the character changes from SD remix to the 20XX training pack?
There isn't a straightforward way to do it and requires a lot of DOL hacking. Fortunately, the next version of Achilles' 20XX will have SD Remix toggles for characters.

Top Bottom