• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scizor for SSBB

swift assailant

Smash Cadet
Wenbobular said:
Does anyone think they'll add all the legendaries from the Ruby and Sapphire series? Because by now, there are a LOT of legendaries...
those might be pokeball items, but not characters.

Visual said:
It also has prominent mammary glands.
.... :dizzy:

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
...Thank you for that tidbit. I did not, in fact, know that Castform had large mammary glands. Do you guys think it would make a good Pokeball though?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Him...her...it. Same difference. Though I don't think mammary glands are particularly attractive on a Pokemon...

phatJacob07

Smash Cadet
Wenbobular said:
Him...her...it. Same difference. Though I don't think mammary glands are particularly attractive on a Pokemon...

You're telling me you don't think Jynx is hawt?

D:

If I hear Blaziken one more time... I'll have heard it another time >_<.

There has to be a better 3rd generation character than Blaziken; let's opt for someone four-legged, hmm?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Blurg...If there has to be a 3rd gen Pokemon, let's have Metagross. Who doesn't like a huge, blue, steel/psychic spider?
...And no. I don't think Jynx is hot. Whoever said that. Heh.

phatJacob07

Smash Cadet
Wenbobular said:
Blurg...If there has to be a 3rd gen Pokemon, let's have Metagross. Who doesn't like a huge, blue, steel/psychic spider?
...And no. I don't think Jynx is hot. Whoever said that. Heh.
Metagross is a step in the right direction for four-leggeders! He's pretty **** popular and good, to boot.

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
I think Metagross is a little too wide... Imagine him trying to walk across Corneria or something.

I think Scizor would be an awesome choice, and a chance for them to have a slow, heavy Pokemon for a change. And yes, Scizor is slow. Scyther loses a TON of speed when he evolves (but gains more attack and defense... a lot more).

I think Deoxys would be my first choice, though.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Pish. If you want slow and heavy...well...Metagross is pretty slow and heavy...
And if you actually look at the Pokemon sizes, Charizard is less than 6 feet tall...which makes you wonder about how tall the people in Pokemon were...hehe. Metagross 5'3", but wider than he is tall, so maybe he would be rather large...o well. I also find this entry fascinating.
Ruby: Metagross has four brains in total. Combined, the four brains can breeze through difficult calculations faster than a supercomputer. This Pokemon can float in the air by tucking in its four legs.
4 brains and float-in-air capability? Coolness. If it were a Pokemon in a Pokeball, make it do Meteor Mash. I'd love it.

kaid

Smash Master
How Scyther/Scizor could use Items

Any held item can be held under an armpit or between both claws.

By hiding the triggers from view, they can pretend they can use guns.

If they use an A move while holding an item, the heald item will do a preanimated flip through the air. The pokemon still is technically holding it, like Mewtwo does, and during the lag of the attack, the pokemon catches it again.

Did I miss anything?

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I say this for the same reason I didnt want mewtwo in melee. It's just wrong to put in one pokemon that will dwarf the rest. Scizor would rip pikachu into pieces in pokemon games, if that concept was changed in Smash it would seem wierd, like it is now. Mewtwo is under Pichu at the bottom of the tier list! The people who made pokemon would be ashamed.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
ssb pokemon characters arent based on their pokemon game base stats or power witnessed in the anime... a character doesnt have to stand a chance against another character from their franchise game to be able to stand a chance against them in an SSB game.

Stryks

Smash Hero
no hell no, Scizor is, well use to be, my favorite pkmn, but cmon, the guy has little shot, not to mention he was a pokeball pkmn in melee, cmon the 4th generation is comin out, do we really need a pkmn than aint either legendary or unique (like mewtwo/deoxys) from the 2nd generation?...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Whoops! I meant to say that Scyther is greater than Scizor. I look so....foolish right not. Oh well, it happens to the best of us eh Kirye?

Micahc

Smash Ace
Scyther has the air of 1st gen awesomeness that Scizor can't reach. So I'm all for Scyther.

fluffy

Smash Champion
scizor would hav cooler smash attacks with those heavy metal claws.

hes so hardcore <3

T-major

Smash Champion
scizor would hav cooler smash attacks with those heavy metal claws.

w00t-sause!!

I'm all for Scizor. one of the better Pokemon sugestions in my opinion. he would be better then Scyther because he has claws; meaning he would be able to hold things, and it would make sense... that, and heavy metal powers.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
Scizor was always one of my favorite characters in G&S. Plus he's got Fury Cutter, which if they do it like the pokemon games, it'll actually cause more damage the more he hits opponents instead less damage.
That could be totally awsome in smash.

Top Bottom