• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus wall jump followups?

Real_Aunt_Jemima

Smash Rookie
The title says it all.
I know that wall jumping then air-dodging onto stage, is a potential recovery option.
And wall jump missiling is another.
But other than that, not sure.

Litt

Samus
The title says it all.
I know that wall jumping then air-dodging onto stage, is a potential recovery option.
And wall jump missiling is another.
But other than that, not sure.
save double jump to bair onto stage, waveland or Aerial interrupt onto stage with the second jump. but really just get back to the ledge and work your way on, its a mix up for a reason. Someone cute you can do is also double jump into bomb on lip of stage and roll off to get your dj back and ward off any further attacks with a fade back bair since you get your jump back.

there are also options to edgeguard with wall jump: grab ledge, let go wall jump into nair/dair to cover higher farther options of falcon and fox fire going for the high angle on stages like dreamland FD and FoD

Last edited:

BallsKick

Smash Rookie
do that one dank ihavespaceballs trick where you walljump and then do a charged shot reversed afterwards. gets em every time if they don't expect it. also walljump into immediate bomb is good for mixing up your recovery

Litt

Samus
do that one dank ihavespaceballs trick where you walljump and then do a charged shot reversed afterwards. gets em every time if they don't expect it. also walljump into immediate bomb is good for mixing up your recovery
Doesn't get them every time, good players actually respect that blinkey light on your arm. Better to just do reverse missile first to see how competent of a player they are and make them deal with the missile while you zair back to stage. Bomb is good after tethering wall jump to cancel momentum instead of being popped up b/c it is a mix up when your opponent beleives they can punish that movement.

BallsKick

Smash Rookie
Doesn't get them every time, good players actually respect that blinkey light on your arm. Better to just do reverse missile first to see how competent of a player they are and make them deal with the missile while you zair back to stage. Bomb is good after tethering wall jump to cancel momentum instead of being popped up b/c it is a mix up when your opponent beleives they can punish that movement.
"gets em every time" is a bit of an intentional exaggeration on my part. I mean a lot of players don't expect that sort of movement option and get hit by the chargeshot cause its hard to react to.

also you can ledgetech or grapple walljump and then immdiately bomb onto stage if you wanted to. might be a funny escape option if you walltechjumped and then bombed on stage then superwave dashed behind them. probably would have a **** ton of lag tho

Litt

Samus
"gets em every time" is a bit of an intentional exaggeration on my part. I mean a lot of players don't expect that sort of movement option and get hit by the chargeshot cause its hard to react to.

also you can ledgetech or grapple walljump and then immdiately bomb onto stage if you wanted to. might be a funny escape option if you walltechjumped and then bombed on stage then superwave dashed behind them. probably would have a **** ton of lag tho
When people read things over text, tone is not conveyed nor is exaggeration. Just try to be clearer for though that would take your advice seriously to implement.

And eh that was something I actually experimented with a while back, (let go from ledge, wall jump into bomb on stage) but then you have 2/3 of a second of just sitting in bomb animation before you can SWD unless you get it on one of the FoD plats that are super low hanging for the Rocket Boost form of superwavedash goomey discovered.

Top Bottom