• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus match up advice

JKTS

Smash Cadet
I'm getting bopped by a Samus main and I cannot figure out the match up. My turnip aproaches just get naired/missiled, i get shot out of the air if I try a fc ariel and when I do manage to get him in a sheild he screw attacks or if I'm not close enough he will wd back to fsmash.

I can't seem to edge guard effectively either. I can sometimes snipe with a turnip but it usually doesn't even matter. He'll still make it back.

No stages seem to be in my favour either although ps is extra bad for me.

Any advice on the matchup, approaches, edge guarding, gimps, stages, would be appreciated.

yingyangjoe

Smash Rookie
you can usually edge guard samus with a dair --> nair just barely off the edge

Red Rice

Smash Journeyman
Float above the missle height, like how you would float right about falco's laser height. Now just adjust it slightly for missles.

Samus can be easy to abuse sometimes because they love crouch canceling. If you can catch him doing that, dsmash and bam, easy 40-60% and off stage sometimes. If you fc aerials correctly I thought you shouldn't be able to get shieldgrabbed if you fc nair and then jab or grab. I could be wrong though, I only play peach for fun. Stagewise, I personally would like the smaller stages just to kill her more quickly, YS and BF. Whenever I play this matchup, I don't approach unless I know it's completely safe and 7/10 I would turnip camp and the samus would approach me.

Edgeguarding, wait and time her bomb recovery. You can turnip her easily out of the bomb. Also, when she gets close to the stage, you can throw a turnip straight up or drop it straight down by short hopping and pressing Z. You can also time it so that you can go out there and fair/nair her.

Top Bottom