• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Samo's package of peach vids - rate/crit/advice ~

Samochan

Smash Master
Hello thar. It's quite unusual for me to post up vids on boards, but here are some vids if ya folks are interested in looking at these, rating me or giving constructive criticism. I believe some more vids are coming up since we recorded a lot, but it's not certain. Also note tehse are recorded in 50hz cause the capture card/whatever doesn't support 60hz for some reason, stupid pal and ntsc differences...

I've also gained bunch of advice from fellow smashers and looked trough my own vids and noticed bunch of stuff I plan on improving. These include not being so aggressive when peki's pressuring me with his attacks, being less predictable especially in returning back stage, fine tune some comboing, improve my defensive game, work on approach, improve anti-combo DI and overall DI, observing my opponents habits and looking at my opponent instead of my own character and maybe something else I can't recall right now...

But enough ramble, let's roll in the tapes. ^^

22-23th day of September 2007

Samo (Peach) vs Peki (Marth) 1
Samo (Peach) vs Peki (Marth) 2
Samo (Peach) vs Peki (Marth) 3
Samo (Peach) vs Peki (Marth) 4
Samo (Peach) vs Peki (Marth) 5
Samo (Peach) vs Peki (Marth) 6 *
Samo (Peach) vs Peki (Marth) 7 *
Samo (Peach) vs Peki (Marth) 8 *
Samo (Peach) vs Peki (Marth) 9 *

Samo (Peach) vs Peki (Sheik) 1
Samo (Peach) vs Peki (Sheik) 2

Samo (Peach) vs Peki (Ganon) 1
Samo (Peach) vs Peki (Ganon) 2

More videos can be found at my tube account, most notably my RoX4 pool matches and some friendlies form beginning of July 2007.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Samochan

Sensai

Smash Master
Samo....tsk tsk.

/watches

I honestly have no idea how to critique a Peach...I've never been any good at playing with her at all. So...sorry.

One thing I do know: running and throwing a turnip is a bad idea, as it's so much more laggy then throwing one from a standing position or from the air.

You don't seem to Dthrow or Uthrow that much. Maybe that's just me, though...but it seems like you Fthrow more then not.

LOL at the end of the 4th Marth match.

Samochan

Smash Master
One thing I do know: running and throwing a turnip is a bad idea, as it's so much more laggy then throwing one from a standing position or from the air.
That was pure accident on my part, I was trying to jc throw those turnips but messed up. ^^;; On one video though, someone dash throwed, ended up behind the opponent and he tried to grab and missed, while the turnip bounced on him since it hit his shield and peach dsmashed him. ^^
You don't seem to Dthrow or Uthrow that much. Maybe that's just me, though...but it seems like you Fthrow more then not.

LOL at the end of the 4th Marth match.
Yah, uthrow is practically begging to get faired or something from peki's marth, I've managed to fool him to fair my shield and then punished though, or used parasol for more reach. But it's a completely different story against sheik. ;3 Also peki has tendency to escape from my dthrow, no matter how early I start to techchase him, but does work sometimes. And yes, lol at the end, but he would have gotten KO'ed anyway. :p

Jash

Smash Lord
Man Samo your pretty beast. Gets me scared....*shivers*....Your mindgames are on point and your pressure game is good. You should Jump Cancel with Peach, it makes her grab so fast and big that you cant jump away from it. Thats it though, everything else is mad good, You might be that one and only Peach that can destroy me.;)

Samochan

Smash Master
Man Samo your pretty beast. Gets me scared....*shivers*....Your mindgames are on point and your pressure game is good. You should Jump Cancel with Peach, it makes her grab so fast and big that you cant jump away from it. Thats it though, everything else is mad good, You might be that one and only Peach that can destroy me.;)
Peach's jc grab doesn't really differ from her dash grab frame wise, her dash grab might actually have more dange cause she leans a bit forward, but I do try to jc grab but sometimes I press the buttons too early resulting in dash grab, kinda the same with upsmash and parasol out of shield when I instead jump with uair with fox or just jump with peach. >_>; And you never know jash, you'd prolly destroy me if we were to ever face each other. :p

Top Bottom