• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saddam Hussein executed

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/12/29/hussein/index.html

Saddam Hussein was executed today.

I'm very surprised. I was expecting him to commit suicide before his hanging. Guess this way, he can appear to be a martyr for some of his followers.

It feels weird for me that he's dead. I've grown up hearing about this terrible dictator in the East, and now he's gone. It's not a sad feeling, just weird.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Ah ****, I totally posted this in the wrong room

Could someone move this?

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
He deserves no better. What he did cannot been forgiven. Call me harsh, but he should be glad that he is death and he didn't have to go to jail for the rest of his life.

The Original Oats

Smash Apprentice
I'm curious.. I wonder how Osama and the rest of his muslim brothers
feel about this. I mean, weren't they like partners in crime? I bet Osama
is plotting his very next effortless move in remorse.

BTW, I think this may have been what screwed Saddam.

Peeze

Smash Master
Saddam's only one man, he has thousands of deputies and angry terrorist people who will gladly take his place as the next dictator/terrorist group leader.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Does that mean we should cave in to fear and not punish anyone, ever?

"Put me in jail, will you? Well then my friends assult people in retaliation."
"OK then. Free you go."

Once we let one person slide, we start to let everyone slide. More violence may result from his demise, but it's needed in the big picture.

Edit: I realize this is probably some argumental fallacy.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
The guy is dead now, regardless of how we think we should have handled the situation. It's not like we can give him a 1 up and try again. The only thing we can do now is watch and wait.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
Everything in life has repercussions. Let's look at it this way:

Scenario 1: While Saddam is in prison, his supporters can come crashing in with suicide bombers and full, battle-ready equipment and break him out. Then they set up an underground (not literally, mind you) terrorist cell, that might actually hook up with Al Qaeda (now, Saddam and Osama hate each other, well hated each other, so that must be taken into consideration, but their hatred for America is greater than that). If they did manage to team up, then Osama has even more control of the Middle East (I don't want to type out Osama and Al Qaeda, so know that's what I mean) and he can cause more havoc.

Scenario 2: With Saddam dead, his supporters can rally to avenge him and more fighting and killing will happen.

Scenario 3: With Saddam dead, his supporters will crumble without him to look for help.

Scenario 4: With Saddam in prison, his supporters would be ashamed that such a "great and powerful" leader has been captured by the American infidels, and will then scatter. In that case, those men could hook up with Al Qaeda, causing even more problems in the Middle East than there are now

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Or how about we simplify it. Now that he is dead, hell will break loose and there is no avoiding that. It all comes down to how the problems are contained.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Does that mean we should cave in to fear and not punish anyone, ever?

"Put me in jail, will you? Well then my friends assult people in retaliation."
"OK then. Free you go."

Once we let one person slide, we start to let everyone slide. More violence may result from his demise, but it's needed in the big picture.

Edit: I realize this is probably some argumental fallacy.
It's a strawman. It's where you restate someones argument in a way that he didn't mean, and is easily refutable.

"I don't thinks kids should play in street"

"Well it'd be stupid to lock them up in their homes all day with no air"

Like that.

Specialized

Smash Rookie
Being hung wasn't bad enough. They should have lit him on fire and then thrown him into a pit of great white sharks. A little extreme lol but still, I'm very glad Saddam is six feet under.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I never thought someone like him would be excecuted in my lifetime. And now Castro may be on the verge of death as well. More threats for the world gone. Now only if we could get Bush...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
The person who taped the video is being prosecuted.

Peeze

Smash Master
Why? His neck snapped so he died instantly. Or were you refering to dying in front of all those spectators?
Yeah i meant his dying in front of all those people taunting him. H edeserved to die, but even John wayne Gacy(the serial killer who killed like 33 little boys and buried them in the crawl space under his house) had a more dignfied execution.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
He ordered the deaths of a lot more than 33 people. There were so many people there probably because he was a world government official.

Edit: Haha. "government"

FireBomb

Smash Lord
The one night I actually paid attention to the news was 1 hour before his execution. Doesn't feel real; I thought they'd keep him alive longer for other matters. I didn't see the video, though I imagine it can be hard to watch, some more than others.

Eh, that's karma. At least this is over with...

Peeze

Smash Master
He ordered the deaths of a lot more than 33 people. There were so many people there probably because he was a world government official.

Edit: Haha. "government"
So does that mean he deserved to be mocked? It doesn't matter cause justice was served, but to me it wasn't handled correctly.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I meant he was an important publc figure so it's going to be a bit... different. I dont think they were there to mock him. The attendants were probably all important officials as well.

Peeze

Smash Master
Well as eor said those people will probly be prosecuted, it's a shame it can't just be done and over, there always has to be a fallout for stuff like this.

Top Bottom