• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
If it is true that you have to unlock all characters by linking the 2 versions, I will be very disappointed, because I only have a Wii U and I don't have a 3ds.... (Yea, I'm one of those people :p)

I am in the same boat, but here is what my plan is. Offer to pay my local game store to help me unlock the characters, by bringing in my Wii U to have it connected with one of their 3DS displays.

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
Most people want this to be true because of the characters...
Dude, I just want this game-mode. It sounds awesome.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
If it is true that you have to unlock all characters by linking the 2 versions, I will be very disappointed, because I only have a Wii U and I don't have a 3ds.... (Yea, I'm one of those people :p)
So long as you have friends with the 3ds version, you can get them to link it up with you.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Am I the only one familiar with Endless Ocean? It was a pretty beautiful game,seeing it in HD glory through Smash would be outstanding. Imagine fighting underwater on top of a coral reef or something while all types of sharks, whales and fishes swim by you. That'd be amazing.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Am I the only one familiar with Endless Ocean? It was a pretty beautiful game,seeing it in HD glory through Smash would be outstanding. Imagine fighting underwater on top of a coral reef or something while all types of sharks, whales and fishes swim by you. That'd be amazing.
While that sounds cool, I'd rather have a DKC Coral Capers stage... you know?

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
my worry for adventure mode grows bigger and bigger

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Of course this is true! 4chan is more credible than the NYT!
You say this like literally everything on 4chan is lies. But 4chan was the first place to leak real X&Y information as well as being part of the Ninka/Vaanrose which was real as well.

You know what, now people mention it.... I just remembered that Ridley is in this rumor.

Alright, it's definitely fake

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I don't get it. It totally make sense
Well, no. Your personal opinion on whether Ridley will be playable doesn't factor into whether this leak is real or fake. Its going to take objective evidence to disprove it, not personal conjecture.

Last edited:

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Well, no. Your personal opinion on whether Ridley will be playable doesn't factor into whether this leak is real. Its going to take objective evidence to disprove it, not personal conjecture.
Haha let's not get into that now, shall we?

So we have Dyna Blade and Mecha Dragon confirmed for bosses (assuming the leak is real). We've yet to see Kraid in Smash Run, so it's possible that he'll be in Tower of Smash. Who else would you guys like to see? Personally, I'd love to see another legendary Pokemon like Rayquaza in Brawl.

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
I suspect one 3DS would probably be able to link to multiple Wii Us.
You really think so? Why would Nintendo do that, because it wouldn't help much with the sales or anything... Most people who are gonna buy the wii u version know someone with a 3ds...

Well, no. Your personal opinion on whether Ridley will be playable doesn't factor into whether this leak is real or fake. Its going to take objective evidence to disprove it, not personal conjecture.
Opinion. Who said it was an opinion?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Haha let's not get into that now, shall we?

So we have Dyna Blade and Mecha Dragon confirmed for bosses (assuming the leak is real). We've yet to see Kraid in Smash Run, so it's possible that he'll be in Tower of Smash. Who else would you guys like to see? Personally, I'd love to see another legendary Pokemon like Rayquaza in Brawl.
Probably Metal Face from Xenoblade.

...K Rool. :(
Or maybe that plank of ****ing wood or the walrus.

Who would be Mario's? Wart maybe?

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
You really think so? Why would Nintendo do that, because it wouldn't help much with the sales or anything... Most people who are gonna buy the wii u version know someone with a 3ds...
It pretty much has to be that way - one of the main things you can do with the link feature is transfer your custom character to the Wii U version, it would be pretty dumb if you could only ever do this once.

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
It pretty much has to be that way - one of the main things you can do with the link feature is transfer your custom character to the Wii U version, it would be pretty dumb if you could only ever do this once.
No, I mean maybe you can only do it if you are on the same nintendo ID on both systems...
EDIT: just like when you get 20% off a 3ds game when you have it on your Wii U with the same nintendo id...?

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
If someone wants to debunk the leak its rather use smart arguments instead of things like "A stupid dog that makes no sense" or "Shulk is a blonde litle mac".

Last edited:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Wait wait wait.
Why, exactly, is this leak seemingly currently being treated as "real until proven otherwise?"

I don't think our main concern should be telling people to disprove the leak with any "evidence," but to tell people to prove it. There's nothing really to disprove - it's just a text post, so there's not much anyone can really say "against" it - but there's also nothing really going for it right now, and text leaks are incredibly hard to work with in general. Unless I've missed something that's popped up that's more credible?

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
How can a fact be an opinion?
Because its not a fact. Not yet anyways.

Wait wait wait.
Why, exactly, is this leak seemingly currently being treated as "real until proven otherwise?"

I don't think our main concern should be telling people to disprove the leak with any "evidence," but to tell people to prove it. There's nothing really to disprove - it's just a text post, so there's not much anyone can really say "against" it - but there's also nothing really going for it right now, and text leaks are incredibly hard to work with in general. Unless I've missed something that's popped up that's more credible?
No one is treating it as real, its just best to keep an open mind, and keep expectations low. Making quick assumptions that its fake is just as foolish as making assumptions that its real. Its a perfect 50/50 at the moment, with nothing for or against it. We'll have to simply just wait for the foreseeing weeks on whether its real or fake.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
It's already a fact that it's false. Like I said, the mere fact that Ridley's on that list proves that it's an auto fake.
And why is it you think that? Because he's too big, well that's completely subjective, and there is no way of knowing whether Sakurai agrees with the notion. Is it because he's a confirmed a stage hazard? Well it can't be that either, since he has not been confirmed as a stage hazard. So really, your just making up premature claims, that are backed by nothing really. No different in believing its real.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
It's already a fact that it's false. Like I said, the mere fact that Ridley's on that list proves that it's an auto fake.
...But you don't know that, hence why it's an opinion. Unless stated explicitly otherwise, at this time it is not yet a fact known to people outside of Sakurai's circle if Ridley is or is not playable. Being obstinate doesn't change any facts.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Because its not a fact. Not yet anyways.

No one is treating it as real, its just best to keep an open mind, and keep expectations low. Making quick assumptions that its fake is just as foolish as making assumptions that its real. Its a perfect 50/50 at the moment, with nothing for or against it. We'll have to simply just wait for the foreseeing weeks on whether its real or fake.
Yeah, it doesn't technically have anything for or against it because it's pretty much impossible to prove or disprove a text leak. Me saying "there will be 5 more characters if you break open your wii u and place a wad of $100 dollar bills into it, and those characters are Lip, Dance Dance Revolution Dance Pad, E.T., Spy Kids 4, and Blitzcrank the Steam Golem" is, as far as "hard facts" go, of the same legitimacy as the original leak.

Obviously it could be real - but I don't think it's foolish to believe its fake, but could be to assume its real - thinking its fake does nothing to hurt you except to make you happy if it ends up being real. The other side leads to disappointment and more "hype killing." I wouldn't say that thinking its real and thinking its fake has anywhere near the same level of potential foolishness attached.

Just trolling, man...
Well I'm starting to feel bad and I don't want to get into any trouble so fiiine. You got me :|

To be honest, I think this can be real but I really don't care. As long as the Wii U gets more content because I'm buying the game for 60 dollars (3DS version is 40)

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Well I'm starting to feel bad and I don't want to get into any trouble so fiiine. You got me :|

To be honest, I think this can be real but I really don't care. As long as the Wii U gets more content because I'm buying the game for 60 dollars (3DS version is 40)
On these boards, it's way too easy to be taken in on the Ridley thing (Or really any character, just look at the "heavy fire" thread in the Robin subforum... oof) . Otherwise I'd have caught onto it right away. my skills are fading

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Yeah, it doesn't technically have anything for or against it because it's pretty much impossible to prove or disprove a text leak. Me saying "there will be 5 more characters if you break open your wii u and place a wad of $100 dollar bills into it, and those characters are Lip, Dance Dance Revolution Dance Pad, E.T., Spy Kids 4, and Blitzcrank the Steam Golem" is, as far as "hard facts" go, of the same legitimacy as the original leak.

Obviously it could be real - but I don't think it's foolish to believe its fake, but could be to assume its real - thinking its fake does nothing to hurt you except to make you happy if it ends up being real. The other side leads to disappointment and more "hype killing." I wouldn't say that thinking its real and thinking its fake has anywhere near the same level of potential foolishness attached.
I think it depends on how you present yourself. If you say its fake, and speak in a know it all way, it only serves to make you look bad when it is real. People who said the ESRB leak was fake, and tried to disprove it so hard, telling people they are delusional for thinking its real, and those who thought Ridley was coming to the 3ds version, only to have a hissy fit are those people I can't stand. I think being neutral on it is the safest spot. I agree people shouldn't think its real, that's equally foolish, but being neutral, or rather, telling yourself its probably fake, without stating it as fact are the best spots, because you are either accepting any possibility, or are keeping your expectations extremely low.

Last edited:

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
You should already deal with it,it is not coming back,end of story.
The subspace one,of course.
fine with me, I preferred melee style in the first place. Adventure Mode doesn't always mean Story Mode. I just some kind of adventure... It's what got me into the series

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
The leak said we'd get a Game & Wario Stage.
Well look what's shown up in today's Pic of the Day: Game & Wario! 0.0
daily-en.jpg
Just what does this mean for the 'leak'...?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom