• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy, I just want Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

royinsmashbroswiiu

Smash Rookie
The recent announcement for Ike being in the new Smash bros, diminishes almost any chance I had of seeing my favorite character in the new smash bros. Yet another slap in the face from Nintendo, I can't help but feel betrayed yet again. Nintendo continues to turn their back on one of their coolest characters, and that's what hurts the most. I still have a small sliver of hope, but I can almost guarantee at this point it won't happen. I wish I could say there was a demand for this character, but every time I scour the internet looking for someone who agrees with me about Roy, I find a discouraging lack of people who care about him. He is the one thing I ask for in Smash Bros, and the one thing I'll be denied yet again more than likely.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
royinsmashbroswiiu said:
Yet another slap in the face from Nintendo, I can't help but feel betrayed yet again
Roy isn't that important of a character to Fire Emblem, Nintendo, OR Smash Bros. He appeared once as a poor clone of Marth. He was only included to promote a new game, and is widely considered one of the worst (stat-wise) lords in FE. And - he's another sword user with almost no fanbase.

If Roy makes it in, cool - Sakurai and the team would probably give him a different moveset. However, when characters like Roy make it in, and characters like Mewtwo and K. Rool don't - fans get upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom