• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy Final Smash Glitch

AkashicSword

Yokai
Roy's final smash seems to have some weird physic effects on opponents.

First: If I miss against an AI with his FS, the AI will appear INCREDIBLY high up in the top boundary after the smash if he wasn't stunned by it.

Second: While playing stamina (could also happen in other modes, I need to test it) : I used his FS on a Squirtle who jumped off the left side of Smashville. I heard Squirtle fall KO during the attack, but his damage counter was still on screen, and the game continued as if he was alive until I SD'ed, giving him the victory. (Turbo mode MAY have also been on, I'm not certain.)

Third: The FS lock doesn't guarantee that the final hit lands (May be intentional). For example, I caught a Ganondorf (on two separate occasions) with the combo slashes as he tried to jump over me, placing him in front of Roy, but really close and overlapping with Roy's sprite. This caused the finisher to miss despite landing every other attack flawlessly.

Fourth: The starting lunge of the Final Smash is inconsistent on the ground, sometimes it happens until he hits a target or a ledge, sometimes it won't. The lunge seems more consistent in the air.

Let me know if any of this helps friends, good work on the release. Keep up the great work!

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Roy's final smash seems to have some weird physic effects on opponents.

First: If I miss against an AI with his FS, the AI will appear INCREDIBLY high up in the top boundary after the smash if he wasn't stunned by it.
Yeah, I thought that I had killed two opponents with it off the right side of the training stage, but their stocks remained for an ungodly long time untill what sounded like a star KO. Whatever happened, the camera didn't follow them at all. The two remaining players moved to the left area and it focused on them like the afflicted two were already dead.

Generalardj

Smash Cadet
Same to me, fox was on his last stock, I performed the final smash but I missed him, Roy starts his cool animation and Fox SDs. He doesn't lost his last stock but he never respawned leaving me alone.

jalued

Smash Lord
I found another glitch with roy's final smash.

I was kirby on sonic's level and I was jumping around whilst roy FS some ICers. They died, but for some reason my character was not anywhere on the screen, I could not control his movements and then about 10 seconds later I was star KO'ed

marlinswine

Smash Rookie
i've had some weird ones as well. i had a marth do the disappearing act (he wasn't the one in the attack) and he only respawned about ten seconds later after another computer died. The attack has triggered occasionally with no one in it, once someone was jumping over me as i released it on the far left side of the stage and when the attack finished (without anyone in it) he was right on the far right of the stage so far out he couldn't recover. i think something weird happens to other players momentums while the attack is going on. i also had someone teleport into the attack from the other side of the stage, this was actually the same time that the cpu marth just vanished and didn't come back for a while even though he wasn't hit by the fs.

Still, looks cool.

Top Bottom